Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

2 in a minute for Ronaldo. I hope Chico comes back to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Two for Ronny in the space of 2 mins. Goals come as Seville were down to 10 men.
    Was a tight match before then

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

What was Emery doing there. Your man was off the pitch for more than 6 minutes like!!! :mad::eek::confused:

Brainless from Ramos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Ramos headbanger, Bill. :pac:

He does always add spark and entertainment to the game. :)

• Advertisement

Woohoo. Game on now for the second half! Cmon Seville :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,296 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

I thought the Real match was on at 8 pm :o
    I seem to have missed some excitement

Hat trick for Ronnie

What a header that was

What a header that was

Not bad for a "rubbish" footballer

• Advertisement

Game on again. Lovely play. Marcelo switches off again

Terrible defending followed by brilliant stuff from varane

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Great game

Quality game. Superb hat trick from Ronaldo. Can see juventus really troubling real with the way they defend

Cracking match. Real deserved though. Sevilla unlucky to be down to 10 for seven minutes. Also supremely unlucky not to have scored more than one in the second half. Them the breaks. Madrid showed great resolve and a what a header by Ronnie.

One again though the tendonitis in his knee is showing. I'm getting worried for him. His career may end being cut shorter than it should be. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Thats 100 odd goals Ronaldo has scored vs Sevilla :(

Did some posts disappear from this threa today?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Thats 100 odd goals Ronaldo has scored vs Sevilla :(

Did some posts disappear from this threa today?

You've been mentioning that stat all day...where in the name of J are you pulling that out of?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

You've been mentioning that stat all day...where in the name of J are you pulling that out of?

Its actually 21 now but feels like 100.

Cnut always scores vs Sevilla :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Time for Madrid to take £150 million for him from Man City?
    Wrong side of 30, tendonitis, bad influence in dressing room.

They might not get another chance as good as this to cash in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

What all the talk about tendonitis? I missed the game. Was his knee at him again?

They could certainly cash in but he is still playing at the best of his capabilities with more than a goal a game. Is money really that valuable to a club that generates so much of it though?

• Advertisement

Gareth Bale’s agent has reacted angrily to Roy Keane’s criticism of the Real Madrid star, saying he does not take notice of "failed" managers.

Bale was largely anonymous for Real in the Champions League quarter-final first leg defeat to Juventus on Tuesday night in Turin.

Keane, working as an analyst for ITV, said after the game: "You can't win a game with 10 men.

"Gareth Bale gave Real Madrid nothing tonight. He took the easy decision every time.

"The reason he is at Real Madrid is because he can be brave on the ball. He didn't take a player on once and his team-mates will not be happy with him."

Bale's agent, Jonathan Barnett, responded by saying Bale is only concerned by "relevant comments".

"Why should we take any notice of comments from people who don't know what they are talking about - and from people who have failed in management," Barnett told the BBC.

"This is only an issue in England. Gareth is at the biggest club in the world. He is one of the best players in the world. He is fine.

"He only listens to relevant comments. He is 100% focussed on Real Madrid."

Never thought I'd say this.

Keane was right.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Never thought I'd say this.

Keane was right.

I thought it was a bit petty of Keane .

Bale is really struggling at Real .
    This whole campaign to unsettle him since the start of the year is getting to him.
    It was an unjustified campaign to begin with ,the accusations of Bale being too greedy were not legitimate .
    The result is that now Bale is afraid to try anything on the ball .

Scholes doesnt seem afraid to put the boot into a few ex Utd players too ,he had a few subtle put downs for Evra and Pogba last night.

I thought it was a bit petty of Keane .

Bale is really struggling at Real .
    This whole campaign to unsettle him since the start of the year is getting to him.
    It was an unjustified campaign to begin with ,the accusations of Bale being too greedy were not legitimate .
    The result is that now Bale is afraid to try anything on the ball .

Scholes doesnt seem afraid to put the boot into a few ex Utd players too ,he had a few subtle put downs for Evra and Pogba last night.

Yeah that campaign against him was stupid. Was probably some internal club politics too. That said, he was awful last night. Devoid of confidence and just back from injury do grant him some mercy. He was still awful. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

I wonder if it was a Barcelona player would it have been rescinded ?

Wasnt it only in January that Ronnie only got a paltry 1 match ban for kicking and punching Edimar .

Meanwhile, for a player who doesn't play for Real Madrid, a three match ban has been handed down for this:
    http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2om0wb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

And Scholes said it. And Dixon said it.
    And anyone with eyes who knows anything about football can see it. He is stinking the place out.

Now why its happening is another matter. But his confidence looks shot to pieces. He didn't make himself worth €100,000,000, but he has been generally poor this season, and when you are being touted as one of the best players in the world and playing at a club which has alot of the ball and which attacks in numbers, you really should be doing better.

I can honestly see him back in the EPL at a discount this summer.

Not sure if people saw this the other night but Matthew Le Tissier became the first recipient of Atletico Bilbao's “One Club Man Award”, designed to honour those who have spent their entire career at one side (excluding Atletico).

Really nice touch by the club and fans and Le Tissier received a standing ovation

http://www.football365.com/la-liga/9826746/Sky-Sports-pundit-Matt-Le-Tissier-receives-Athletic-Bilbao-award
    “Barcelona’s midfielder Xavi said: ‘The man I absolutely loved watching as a kid was Matt Le Tissier after seeing the highlights of his extraordinary goals.

“’His talent was out of the norm. He could dribble past seven or eight players but without speed – he just almost walked past them. For me, he was sensational.

“’We had a programme on Spanish TV with the best goals from around Europe. He was always the star.’

Xavi has good taste

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,264 ✭✭✭✭jester77

The Spanish football association has taken the decision to indefinitely suspend all domestic football in the country from the 16th May. 10 days to sort it out or the leagues may not finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

jester77 wrote: »
    The Spanish football association has taken the decision to indefinitely suspend all domestic football in the country from the 16th May. 10 days to sort it out or the leagues may not finish.

Link?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,507 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Maybe Keane wasn't talking as a supposed failed manager. Maybe he was speaking as a natural born winner and one of the best modern day "big game players", who incidentally had argueably his best ever performance in Turin.

But then again, I always see it as a player cracking under pressure when he feels it necessary to comment on any punditry on their performance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

"Its a deal but not much of a deal"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2015/0506/699227-la-liga-suspended-over-tv-rights-spat/

Incredibly embarassing if the league is suspended.It would make a complete joke of La Liga.

Why would the Spanish football federation be opposed to making La Liga more competitive seeing as the professional league agreed to the changes.Sounds very dodgy to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

I hope this doesn't happen. Barca deserve their double before they head into the CL final game :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

I reckon they're just pissed that they aren't getting a bigger share.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Turtwig wrote: »
    Yeah that campaign against him was stupid. Was probably some internal club politics too. That said, he was awful last night. Devoid of confidence and just back from injury do grant him some mercy. He was still awful. :p

Sane clubs don't treat their players like this.

You're allowed to have patches where you don't perform. It doesn't matter who you are. Unless you want to play 11 automatons then you're going to have to accept human fallibility.

Madrid are a cancer on football.

Oh Messi ,what have you done to your right arm ,yuck

Messi-tattoo.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Oh Messi ,what have you done to your right arm ,yuck

Messi-tattoo.jpg

Off the wall observation but I thought his hair was pretty on point tonight. The tattoo I'm not so sure about but feck it, it's Messi, I'll grow to love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I believe he has had that tattoo for a long time, it's just that he almost always plays with long sleeves so most people don't see it.

As for the Spanish FA suspending football: Absolute joke of a decision, purely aimed at getting more money. If Barca and Real decide to simply sell their own rights then they'd back off right away.

Also, if this goes through Barca will be without Messi and Neymar since they will play for their national teams in the Copa America.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    I believe he has had that tattoo for a long time, it's just that he almost always plays with long sleeves so most people don't see it.

As for the Spanish FA suspending football: Absolute joke of a decision, purely aimed at getting more money. If Barca and Real decide to simply sell their own rights then they'd back off right away.

Also, if this goes through Barca will be without Messi and Neymar since they will play for their national teams in the Copa America.

Barcelona (and I think Real too) have I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

You mean the tv rights ? I thought the whole new system was aimed at giving more tv money to all the other teams and that is why the Spanish FA now acted, because they don't like it (even though most people would agree that it's more fair to all clubs).

I know the FA say that players and clubs are unhappy, but I doubt that. It makes me think they want more than the 4% they get now.

Messi's tattoo is of a window of la Sagrada familia and apparently, its not finished xD

Also. if Madrid were first this would never happen - just sayin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭joe316

Better get sorted I'm off to Barca's last game of the season

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Pedro :)

Correct me if I'm wrong if the strike goes ahead with no resolution before mid-June does that mean Barca are champions? Or is the season duration extended beyond the normative period? Or is the season resumed again in August? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ronaldo throwing himself on the ground and throwing his arms in the air looking for a penalty. Even though he was touched just outside the box.

He really is insufferable.

I love the guy's skill and athletic ability. I just assume he's like people I know who play sports and are prats on the field but off it they're fairly sound. Or the same in video games. Some people become douchebags. It's what I do to help myself admire Ronnie's skill more. :o

Aww Bale. I really wish that had gone in for you. :(
    So unlucky.

Twice now off the bar!

• Advertisement
Advertisement