Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Messi should have done a little better there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Easy fall by Alves even if there was a pull..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

miralize wrote: »
    Easy fall by Alves even if there was a pull..

Nice to see him getting a card and Barca get the free, ridiculous way to go down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

i can't believe they paid 80 million for Bale

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Griezmann pushed over by pique, Armstrong said he didn't know what the free was given for against pique, Armstrong pisses me off at times.

• Advertisement

Madrid go one up

Has been difficult for them, Ronaldo triple marked often and the rest of them, primarily Bale, aren't taking advantage of the space

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

MESSI!

MESSI :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Messi!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Goal! Barcelona! Its genius, it's magic, it's magisterial. The man who has orchestrated this title charge has just orchestrated the goal that could seal the title. It can only be Lionel Messi, phenomenal play from the world's most phenomenal player.

• Advertisement

Could only be him after Ronaldo does it 5 minutes before

League done you'd think, Atleti won't want to do Real a favour

The King does it again,genius

That should have been the title wrapped up

As a side note sevilla are winning,just saw neymar,what a miss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

4th, 5th and 6th is getting interesting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Lol at Madrid

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

What was Real's keeper thinking ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

After seeing that Navas mistake,I can see a deal for De Gea being done before the end of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 704 ✭✭✭frisbeeface

Interesting last 10 minute in prospect now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

2-1 madrid. Interesting final 10 mins now in the barca game!

• Advertisement

1-2 Real.Marcelo with the goal.

Good goal by Marcelo, also fair play to granada a team that were seemingly dead and gone are winning away to sociedad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

3 - 1 CR7

1-3 Real.CR7 with his second.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Ronaldo celebrating like he scored the winner to make them top of the league when in reality his TEAM is about to lose out on the title.

But yeah..pichichi award is all he cares for.

1-4 Real.CR7 hat trick.

Look at Ronaldo there, not even celebrating his hat trick goal, like a petulant child

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Delighted for Barca.

Well done barca,the best team in spain and also the best player playing for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Well that seems fair. There was what, 91 mins on the clock when all that **** and messing started.That goes on for over 2 mins with about 8 seconds of play in the middle and then the ref blows it up.

Theres a lesson for the kids. If you need to win a game , waste the last couple of minutes pushing and shoving and the time wont be added on.

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭derm0j073

Well done Barca , tough place to go and get a win .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I remember when Messi had a dip in form and physically he looked kind of knackered about 18 months ago I thought he would decline.

Boy was I wrong. GOAT and it's beyond dispute imo.

Vermaelen better get a medal, some great performances this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Most consistent. Best defence. Most lethal attack. Deserved.

Season is 1/3 complete.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Congrats Cules. :)

• Advertisement

Well that seems fair. There was what, 91 mins on the clock when all that **** and messing started.That goes on for over 2 mins with about 8 seconds of play in the middle and then the ref blows it up.

Theres a lesson for the kids. If you need to win a game , waste the last couple of minutes pushing and shoving and the time wont be added on.

Godin was really foolish there. He wasted about 90 seconds trying to chase down Neymar. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

For all of Ronaldo's goals, it's Messi's single, magnificent, goal that has decided the title. Barcelona came to the Vicente Calderon and they conquered it, they've taken the fight to Real Madrid and they've conquered them, they've taken Spain by storm with football from the heavens and they've conquered Spain. They will now turn to Berlin, they will take the German capital and conquer Europe. This is the finest club side on the planet, Messi the finest player in the history of the game and history now beckons for this special, one of a kind club. Més Que Un Club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Ronaldo bottled it again

Biggest difference is how solid Barca look now. Goalkeeper, centre halves, midfielders, there's a steel to the side now they didn't have for a long time. Suarez gives them a physical presence upfront they haven't had in years and years.

Enrique deserves huge credit for the turnaround, he looked a dead man walking a few months ago.

Messi(rightly) gets the plaudits but Barca as a unit have been the best team in Europe this year.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Delighted for Xavi to go out with the league title. Ovation for him when he came on as well.

It's the age-old seeing the game out thing...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Ronaldo bottled it again

1 league title in 6 years is pretty bad.

1 league title in 6 years is pretty bad.

3 in 8 years and 2 Champions Leagues isn't bad though. Along with a bunch of cup medals too.

This Ronaldo vs Messi bollocks is getting very old.

Barca won the league because they were the best team, not because Messi is better then Ronaldo.

Not singling you out, I questioned Messi 2 years ago when he had a dip in form.

Can't deny Barca were the best team in the league in the end,if Madrid hadn't lost Modric who knows how it would have played out he was really covering the inefficiencies in that team

Ronaldo has probably outperformed Messi again this season but will have nothing to show for it and the Balon D'Or will go back to the Argentinian

Messi can count himself lucky he doesn't play for Madrid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Moneymaker wrote: »
    3 in 8 years and 2 Champions Leagues isn't bad though. Along with a bunch of cup medals too.

Barca won the league because they were the best team, not because Messi is better then Ronaldo.

Not singling Ronaldo out. I think Perez's Real project has been pretty poor for the amount they have lashed out in the last 6 years. Ronaldo is as much a victim of this.

They have bought badly and sold key players. This has not helped them. Selling Di Maria and allowing Xabi Alonso leave was dreadful business. I also think selling Diego Lopez was a silly piece of business as well.

I would have gotten rid of Casillas instead.

Ronaldo surpassed Di Stefano's record today.

On Barca, if my maths are right they took a whopping 15/18 points against the top four.

Real Madrid only took 4.
    Valencia got a respectable 8 btw.

Ozil, Di Maria and Alonso out for James, Bale and Kroos was poor business. The latter 3 are all hype and not the substance needed to be winning leagues and champions leagues

Can't deny Barca were the best team in the league in the end,if Madrid hadn't lost Modric who knows how it would have played out he was really covering the inefficiencies in that team

Ronaldo has probably outperformed Messi again this season but will have nothing to show for it and the Balon D'Or will go back to the Argentinian

Messi can count himself lucky he doesn't play for Madrid

I dont agree with this. Ronaldo scores only goals now I know there is nothing wrong with this,but Messi scores,assists,defends, he even manages the team according to some sources haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Bohrio

Moneymaker wrote: »

Its actually 3 ligas, 1 champion, 2 Copas del Rey and 1 supercopa in 12 years.

Intercontinental titles goes 1 Champions, 1 Intercontinental (or fifa world cup) and 1 Uefa Supercup

PS: I read somewhere it is the worst period for Real since Di Stefano's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Relegation dogfight next weekend should be interesting

I dont agree with this. Ronaldo scores only goals now I know there is nothing wrong with this,but Messi scores,assists,defends, he even manages the team according to some sources haha

Yeah Ronaldo never assists, except the one he assisted about an hour ago

• Advertisement
Advertisement