Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

zuutroy wrote: »
    Eibar at home to Cordoba will be the game to watch on Saturday. Eibar need a win to stay up. Guess it will be hard to find a stream! Would like to see them hang on. Serious freefall since they were 9th early in the season.

Granada's win especially and Deportivo's win this weekend has absolutely messed everything up for Eibar.

With Coruna away to Barcelona it is an opportunity that has to be taken. Shame Getafe survive again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Davaeo09

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Davaeo09 wrote: »

The horror.

Fair enough, it's hardly vicious. But this is one isolated incident. What a bad image these fans leave of their "prestigious" club.. Lets keep in mind in Spain its a huge family thing to go to games on a weekend. I'd hate to think of some hooligans ruining what should have been a special occasion.

Anyone want to buy a kidney so I can go to Barca for the weekend? (jk ofc :pac:) ..League celebration and its rumored there will be a big farewell for Xavi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,563 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

This is a good laugh from the Special one aka L’emmerdeur Professionnel

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2015/05/18/11874562/real-madrid-and-barcelona-can-win-la-liga-without-trying
    Jose Mourinho has insisted that Real Madrid and Barcelona can stroll to the Spanish league title by only trying in "four or five matches".

The Chelsea manager says the top two teams in Spain only play four or five matches per season and is not sure they would win the Premier League

Mourinho, though, insists it is too easy to win La Liga for the top two teams in Spain, adding that they might not be able to dominate the English Premier League in the way they do their own top flight.

"I was in Spain, but I didn’t enjoy it,” he told talkSPORT.

“I won a title with a record in Spain with 100 points and 121 goals, but we only played three or four matches all season.

“I lost a title with 92 points, but again we played only four or five matches in the season.

“You feel the pressure that you have to win every match because if you don’t you will not be champions. But it is a big, big gap between the giants and the others.

“In matches in other countries you can win matches when you are resting. In Spain and in Italy, I won lots of matches resting. Games in which you can think about the European game coming up and where you can rest players.

“This season I rested a few players against Bradford and I lost against Bradford. And that is English football. You are winning 2-0 and if you concede a goal you know you are going to have hell for the last few minutes.

“This is the reality of the Premier League. It’s not just about the number of matches, it’s the intensity. And it’s not just physical intensity, you feel the intensity mentally.

“The difference between the Premier League and La Liga is huge. Would Barcelona or Real Madrid win the Premier League? Maybe yes. Maybe not."

I seem to recall his great Chelsea team being comfortably knocked out of the Champions league last season by one of the also rans in La Liga.

This season a 10 man PSG playing in a league where matches are lower intensity than Chelseas training sessions also beat his great Chelsea side .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

This is a good laugh from the Special one aka L’emmerdeur Professionnel

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2015/05/18/11874562/real-madrid-and-barcelona-can-win-la-liga-without-trying

I seem to recall his great Chelsea team being comfortably knocked out of the Champions league last season by one of the also rans in La Liga.

This season a 10 man PSG playing in a league where matches are lower intensity than Chelseas training sessions also beat his great Chelsea side .

Jose is just bitter because his time at Madrid is considered a failure. Relatively speaking of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Surely it's exactly the opposite.

Surely in a league where you have 2 unbelievably brilliant teams and you have to have a such a low failure rate is much more difficult to win.The top 2 in Spain have lost the same number of matches as the top 2 in England this season anyway so it's not like they've been totally steamrolling the opposition and Chelsea have been dogging it out all season.

The great amount of goals scored by Spains big 2 is largely down to Messi and Ronaldo as soon as they stop playing the their goals scored column and points will drop a bit.

Do any of the journalists ever challenge Mourinho on his bull or do they just let him away with it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Do any of the journalists ever challenge Mourinho on his bull or do they just let him away with it?

In Spain? Yes. In England? No. Hence why he left Spain. Spanish media wouldn't feed his ego's desire for soapbox.

Turtwig wrote: »
    In Spain? Yes. In England? No. Hence why he left Spain. Spanish media wouldn't feed his ego's desire for soapbox.

He was hated in Italy too .

Near the end of his Inter stint he had gone out of his way to trash Italian football, accuse Serie A referees of conspiring to deny his club the title and turn the entire Italian media machine against him.

He didnt speak to the media for over a month at one stage and referees were prepared to go on strike if Mourinho was not given a severe punishment for criticising them.

He seemed to be using the same conspiracy crap in England this season .
    Of course in this case,the English media lapped up his nonsense and the referees did nothing.

The Spanish and Italian media see him for what he truly is but in England they can only see one side of him .

They ignore the side that eye gouges opposing managers ,waits for referees in car parks so he can abuse them,assaults journalists ,insults opposing fans and managers ,fabricates stories about referees that subsequently have to retire due to death threats,etc etc .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭phobia2011

He's one of the most successful managers of our era, if he's record continues he could be the most successful manager ever, it's fairly easy to hate him if he's not your manager, but he must be doing something right?

• Advertisement

Yep, being a dick. No need to say or do some of the things he does.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

phobia2011 wrote: »
    He's one of the most successful managers of our era, if he's record continues he could be the most successful manager ever, it's fairly easy to hate him if he's not your manager, but he must be doing something right?

You don't have to be nice to be a great manager

In fact most of the really successful managers are probably a little psychopathic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Turtwig wrote: »
    Yep, being a dick. No need to say or do some of the things he does.

See post above, nice managers dont win ****.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Xavi better get a great sending off today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

miralize wrote: »
    Xavi better get a great sending off today.

Id like this but another part of me doesn't want depor to go down,wouldn't mind eibar and Almería to go down

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Depor just equalise after being 2-0 down. I think if things stay the same here and elsewhere they stay up. So I'd say thus one will be strolling pace for the remainder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Actually it defo will. Eibar despite being 3-0 up are down on head to head at the moment so that keeps Depor and Granada safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Sevilla got 76 points and only finished 5th, crazy stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,053 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

gimmick wrote: »
    Actually it defo will. Eibar despite being 3-0 up are down on head to head at the moment so that keeps Depor and Granada safe.
    How the hell did Eibar lose a head to head with Granada? Does it go down to goals in those games and they got relegated because of a 1-1 draw at home versus a 0-0 draw away?

Like the goal difference in the league should surely count before head to head goals?

• Advertisement

Ronaldo grabs a hat-trick in the First half......and Real concede 3 as well against Getafe at home.

They need some serious work on rebuilding that defence over the summer.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

My heart breaks every time Chico scores a goal, cause I know his destiny isn't at United and I love him so much :(

Martin Odegaard become the youngest ever player to play for Real Madrid.

Quote by Dani Alves today.
    Luis Enrique doesn’t include me in the team for being handsome, he could, but I work very hard to earn my place.

I love reading his interviews. The guy like his taste in fashion is quite the character.

He really went to lengths criticising the current Barca board. While emphasising that club is not team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Lord TSC wrote: »
    My heart breaks every time Chico scores a goal, cause I know his destiny isn't at United and I love him so much :(

Well Madrid have said he's going back there so!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,350 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Does anybody have any clue whats the best way for me to try get tickets to the Copa Del Rey final on Saturday?

• Advertisement

Copa tickets will be for sale at the gate on the day if there is any left but they will be offered to Bilbao and Barca socios, fan clubs etc first so I wouldn't be hopeful.. :(

Also for anyone wanting to read more of Dani Alves's entertaining interview :)
    - http://www.totalbarca.com/2015/news/cafe-con-leche-alves-200-with-the-team-10-with-the-club/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 542 ✭✭✭5T3PH3N

Wow, what a run and goal!

I'm convinced Messi is hacking physics. HaXor.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,856 ✭✭✭irishguitarlad

Jesus Christ what a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

Surprised theres no thread but Messis goal was stunning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Messi makes it hard for me to deny that magic is real :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,797 ✭✭✭✭JPA

GavRedKing wrote: »
    Surprised theres no thread but Messis goal was stunning.

Made a thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057438905

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,556 ✭✭✭the_monkey

Pfft ... That frontline in Barca is unstoppable, kills me to say it but again this team will dominate for the next 5,6,7 years .... good luck anyone else winning LA liga or UCL in these years ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

the_monkey wrote: »
    Pfft ... That frontline in Barca is unstoppable, kills me to say it but again this team will dominate for the next 5,6,7 years .... good luck anyone else winning LA liga or UCL in these years ...

Sorry but gotta disagree with this.

No team has ever retained the UCL, now you think Barca are going to win 5 or 6 in a row?

Not a hope.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

Why was the final at the nou camp ? Practically a home final match for barca, seems a bit unfair to hold it there.

Why was the final at the nou camp ? Practically a home final match for barca, seems a bit unfair to hold it there.

It was supposed to be played at the Bernabeu but Real Madrid refused to allow it .
    They did the same stunt back in 2012 arguing that renovation work at the stadium, including new toilets, meant the Bernabeu was unavailable.

The Vincente Calderon stadium ,has an AC/DC concert on this weekend so it was unavailable.

Then there was talk of Seville or Valencia and after talks failed to resolve the issue ,the Spanish federation's executive committee took a vote from four stadium options: Barcelona, Bilbao, Valencia and Sevilla.

The Camp Nou, with its maximum capacity of 98,700 was chosen.

I guess they could have played it at the old Olympic stadium in Barcelona,Espanyol's old ground .

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭Dolph Starbeam

I guess they could have played it at the old Olympic stadium in Barcelona,Espanyol's old ground .

I was out at the Olympic Stadium when I was at the Almeria game and the surface would definitely not be up to it, maybe a new surface could have been laid in time for the final but the stadium in general looks pretty bleak imo.

As long as the tickets were split evenly then I don't really see a problem, the Nou Camp is a great stadium and the surface is immaculate.

You might think so except history says otherwise. Real Madrid's home has hosted more finals than any other venue. Real have also lost practically all those home finals. The most infamous defeat being 2-0 to deportivo on the club's centenary. Cue, jubilant depor fans singing happy birthday to a shell shocked bernabeau.

I still think a home final is wrong. Cannot understand real's poor record. Maybe there's something about psychology we don't understand. Bilbao fans were awesome tonight. Nice touch by Barca players to go and applaud them.

NIMAN wrote: »

No team has ever retained the UCL, now you think Barca are going to win 5 or 6 in a row?

Not a hope.

Course I don't think so , just that its gonna be extremely difficult to beat them - Suárez Neymar and Messi - no stoping them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,068 ✭✭✭MarkY91

NIMAN wrote: »

Not a hope.

I think he meant theyll be the team to beat. Theyll win it far more times than any other club in that time period IMO

• Advertisement

Course I don't think so , just that its gonna be extremely difficult to beat them - Suárez Neymar and Messi - no stoping them

I'm sure that you secretly believe that your idol ,“l’emmerdeur professionnel”,aka The Special One will be able to stop them.

I'm sure that you secretly believe that your idol ,“l’emmerdeur professionnel”,aka The Special One will be able to stop them.

Well I'd imagine he could at least once . Or are you one of those Barça fans that think ye have the God given right to win everything forever and any other teams that win are cheats and "don't play real football" ?

Or are you one of those Barça fans that think ye have the God given right to win everything forever and any other teams that win are cheats and "don't play real football" ?

No I'm not one of them .

I dont think that current Chelsea team would be able to stop them though,its simply not good enough defensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,211 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

If you can't stop PSG, you ain't stopping Barca.

Yeah you're right , cos teams just stay the same season after season - no growth , no decline just stable ...

How the hell did Chelsea win the UCL in '12 anyway, when they couldn't even beat Leicester at home in 2000/01 season ...??

Yeah you're right , cos teams just stay the same season after season - no growth , no decline just stable ...

How the hell did Chelsea win the UCL in '12 anyway, when they couldn't even beat Leicester at home in 2000/01 season ...??

The woodwork was their best player in both the semi-final and final. :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

Rafa Benitez named manager of Real for the coming season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

eternal wrote: »
    Rafa Benitez named manager of Real for the coming season.

He got pretty emotional at the unveiling too. Good to see there's still a bit of that left in the modern game.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

He got a pretty bad doing when he was at Liverpool. The amount of 'fat waiter' jokes became a bit old.

• Advertisement

The tussle for the number one jersey at Real Madrid may have already begun, with new footage appearing to show Iker Casillas and David De Gea ignoring each other as they arrived for training with Spain.

Definitely tension between them

Off topic it seems bizarre that a tall man like De Gea would drive a Mini Cooper :confused:

Advertisement