Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Is it my imagination or do Barcelona and Real Madrid seem to be playing alot more earlier kick off matches the last 2 seasons ??
    Perhaps Sky were showing their matches on delayed coverage before but I find I am missing alot of the matches lately as they are on early in the day .

Yeah you just know el classico is going to be on in the forbidden 3 to 5 kick off slot. What's worse is I'm used to it. Just switch on airplane mode, stay away from any spoilers and then watch the game delayed. Nothing else to do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Turtwig wrote: »
    Yeah you just know el classico is going to be on in the forbidden 3 to 5 kick off slot. What's worse is I'm used to it. Just switch on airplane mode, stay away from any spoilers and then watch the game delayed. Nothing else to do.

Its not the same watching it delayed though ,I feel I am missing out on something.:(

I always liked La Liga matches because they were at night which meant a better atmosphere and you could watch them in the evening after being out during the day.
    Only mad dogs,englishmen and La Liga players go out in the midday sun now it seems .

Ditto, but I'm slowly adjusting. I hate the fact us Irish subs get shafted though. :( the law doesn't apply here show us the 3 pm la liga stuff pls!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I wonder how this move is going down in Barcelona and Madrid among the fans.

Having been to a few El Clasico's myself over the years, the whole atmosphere of the day building up to the game, the pubs etc before heading off to watch the game was incredible.

But now if the game's at 3pm, won't have the same feel about it.

Recently I thought how strange it was to see Real Madrid playing at home in the sunshine!! Any time you seen them before, it was always the magic of the dark, floodlights etc.

It might not be at 3 p.m., the pessimist in me just feels it will be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Dunno where but I seen that game was 5pm.

Sky should show the 3pm game online.

That wouldn't be too bad. We'd only miss the first fifteen minutes live.

Still annoying though

Al Jazeera was handy for showing the 3pm La Liga matches live .
    Damn the EPL for taking Al Jazeera away from our skies ,it was a very good service for less than a hundred euro per annum.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,707 ✭✭✭CR 7

So that's 3 in 4 games for Ronaldo. Not bad for a winger.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Another hattrick for Ronaldo, fcuking hell! Joint most hattricks in La Liga history now.

To be fair it's one of the luckiest goals he'll ever score, and came off his elbow, but he had the chance of a hattrick earlier and squared for Benzema to tap in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Another hat-trick for ronnie, lad could take a **** and it would contain gold everything is going so well for him lately.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭fuzzydunlop85

How's la liga looking this year lads? Have an ante post accum done that's looking pretty good bar Real for la liga, Barca looking pretty solid are they? Haven't got to see much of it this year so far.

Barca looking pretty solid are they? Haven't got to see much of it this year so far.

Barcelona are doing well in La Liga ,they havent conceded a goal yet.
    I haven't been convinced by their performances though ,nowhere near as fluid as they used to be a few years back .
    Alot of misplaced passes and sloppy play but they are tighter at the back .

They were quite poor last night against 9 men it has to be said .

I've been very impressed with Valencia and Barcelona - but Suarez has yet to join that could go either way. It seems clear they're most fluid when xavi is in the side. Problem is accommodating for his deficiencies.

Sevilla ain't bad either.

One things aplenty and that's goals. The last few roundss have been goal fests.

klose wrote: »
    Another hat-trick for ronnie, lad could take a **** and it would contain gold everything is going so well for him lately.

13 goals in 6 league games ,frightening stuff.
    Messi's outrageous record of 50 league goals in a season could be under threat .:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Genius! Genius meets genius! Messi makes it all look easy, his deft pass to the forward running Xavi Hernandez has opened up the game for Barcelona, Xavi's finish is worthy of the creator of the goal. 1-0

Very strange seeing masch in midfield for barca, Luis Enrique sure loves a bit of rotation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

That's a great finish. Neymar has been great this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Harvey Low Fat Milk

Another great goal, Eibar are unlucky cos they were defending brilliantly and countering well until the Neymar goal really.

• Advertisement

Law of averages says that eventually Alves would have to find a teammate with a cross, he's found the golden foot of Neymar and Brazil's great hope has flashed a volleyball in.

Messi! Messi! Messi! The Camp Nou rises to applaud the greatest player to ever grace the turf of the Camp Nou (or indeed anywhere) one goal closer to the record, it's a quite beautiful goal, it's Messi in full flight, he's been untouchable tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

1 more to tie the all-time La Liga goal scoring record, right ?

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    1 more to tie the all-time La Liga goal scoring record, right ?

Ye he's 1 away and he almost got it at the end of the game, the maestro was imperious tonight.

Eibars 2 sitters were stupid, chap had an open goal ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Cordoba sack Ferrer.

Had to happen. They should've held on against Getafe and could easily have beaten Espanyol. They could easily have picked up more points in those opening few games as well, it's not as if they had a really tough start.

Will be interesting to see what Djukic can get out of them, at least he has experience at this level.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

I'd say Arrasate will be the next to go.

Sociedad look to be in freefall this season and gifting Getafe two goals in the last few minutes to lose a game they should have won will kill morale there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Are we going to miss the first 15 minutes of the Clasico due to broadcasting regs, as is usually the case with the 5 pm game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 284 ✭✭Sr. Pirotecnic

Levante sacked Mendilibar yesterday too, fans seem glad to see him gone. Luis Alcaraz (ex Granada) in.

zuutroy wrote: »
    Are we going to miss the first 15 minutes of the Clasico due to broadcasting regs, as is usually the case with the 5 pm game?

Probably .
    These early classico kick offs are very very annoying .
    The later the kick off the better the atmosphere .
    The decision to schedule an early kick-off time for the first Clasico of the season was made for the benefit of fans in the Middle East.

Clasicos have traditionally taken place later in the day, although last season’s Bernabeu meeting took place at 4pm CET to give the hosts additional preparation time for a midweek European game. The previous four La Liga clashes between the sides took place at 7.50pm, 8pm, 10pm and 11pm local time.

It is understood the scheduling of this month’s Clasico is only the latest step in Spanish football’s attempts to attract fans from the Middle East, with more announcements expected in the coming weeks.

Real Madrid are expected to visit the UAE in the winter break as part of their sponsorship deal with Dubai-based airline Emirates, while Barcelona have well-established links with the region as a result of their association with the Qatar Foundation and now Qatar Airways.

Possible future developments could include staging the Spanish Super Cup in the Middle East. The idea of an overseas venue for the annual early-season meeting between the La Liga and Copa del Rey champions has already been proposed and temporarily rejected, but is expected to resurface.

Last month, La Liga president Javier Tebas told Sport360°: “La Liga is working on kick-off times in order to service our fans in Asia and MENA. Next month there will be major news in that sense.

“Our primary focus is of course to protect the interest of our local fans, but we understand that to gain more interest from international fans more needs to be done.”

Smash and grab job for sevilla there 2 goals in the last 2 minutes to win 2-1 against villareal and are up to second, impressive stuff from emerys side.

Madrid Derby between Getafe and Atleti is pretty tasty. One sending off, numerous bookings and a 1-0 lead for Atleti.

Someone else is going to walk in this game.

• Advertisement

Sevilla joint top :cool:

Neymar rattles the Celta Vigo crossbar, Barcelona have started strong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

playing Suarez predominantly on the right means you're only getting 50% of him.

waste.

Messi should've had 4 by now.

What a goal celta!

Nice finish from Larrivey

Could be a shock in the cards here as Barca have been tragic in front of goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Quality backheel, great goal from Celta

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Woeful defending at that level, great instinct to backheel it and sweet finish!

Sky are ruining matches by drowning out the crowd noise .
    Last weeks Classico was ridiculous ,you could barely hear the crowd .

I'm not impressed by Barca this season at all ,dont think Enrique is up to it to be honest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

That would have been some goal for Celta

• Advertisement

Only 2 spaniards in barcas starting 11 and only 3 la masia graduates altogether started the game. Must be the lowest in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

I know Messi is king but Saurez should be having a say in taking free kicks at the edge of the box,they got one there and Messi put it over the bar,Saurez was no where near taking it.

Could have scored 5 or 6, denied by inspired goalkeeping and the woodwork 4 times. The problems though run deep. Junta Dimisión.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,292 ✭✭✭GreNoLi

Surprised that Barca persist with managers that are untested at the higher echelons almost as if they're saying that they don't need a 'top top' manager to compete like they used to under Pep.

Is 'Junta Dimision' a call for the board to resign?

GreNoLi wrote: »
    Surprised that Barca persist with managers that are untested at the higher echelons almost as if they're saying that they don't need a 'top top' manager to compete like they used to under Pep.

Is 'Junta Dimision' a call for the board to resign?

Yes it is, a board that has undone so much of the remarkable work of Laporta/Guardiola and has set back Barcelona who knows how many years, a truly horrific crime given that these atrocities have been committed when the club was at its absolute zenith.

from what I can tell, there's no coherent strategy on the field.

yes, Barca could've scored 5, but they still didn't look convincing at all.

Enrique, IMO, has not convinced the dressing room yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Genius! The kind of dream-like goal that only Barcelona can make reality. Luis Enrique has brought fantasy back to the Camp Nou. Messi 400!
    Its like 2008/2009 all over again, no team can love with the pace of passing like that. Technique exemplified, Barcelona's clockwork passing is football. Neymar hat trick, 5-0
    Could have scored 5 or 6, denied by inspired goalkeeping and the woodwork 4 times. The problems though run deep. Junta Dimisión.

You've changed your tune lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Enrique will get too much blame. Not his fault Pedro,Xavi,Iniesta,Alba,Alves,Pique & even Messi have declined as players in the last 1 1/2 years.

MD1990 wrote: »
    You've changed your tune lol

I absolutely don't blame Enrique. Afterall what more can he do? His side created numerous chances, his side struck the woodwork 4 times, his side were dreadfully unlucky.

I do however blame the board. I blame the board for failing to have a post Pep contingency plan. I blame the board for the transfer ban that's been imposed on the club. I blame the board for the likes of Alves and Pique still roaming around the Barcelona team when it's clear to see they are past it. Where's the daring, the sheer force of personality that existed under Laporta? They've taken the most beautiful club in the world and they intend to mutate it under a president who was not even elected by the Cules.

• Advertisement

Yes it is, a board that has undone so much of the remarkable work of Laporta/Guardiola and has set back Barcelona who knows how many years, a truly horrific crime given that these atrocities have been committed when the club was at its absolute zenith.

Rosell was a poison on the club of that there is no doubt .

Advertisement