Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

What nobody seems to be mentioning is how much Busquets has declined, the guy was incredible when he was 23/24 and has been pretty average for quite some time now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Montroseee wrote: »
    What nobody seems to be mentioning is how much Busquets has declined, the guy was incredible when he was 23/24 and has been pretty average for quite some time now.
    He was excellent last season imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

MD1990 wrote: »
    He was excellent last season imo.

At times he was a one man team. The reality is he is asked to do more than is humanly possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Busquets was Barca's defence last season. Hilarious statement to have to say too. When his groin injury flared up it really, I mean really! showed.

Why on earth was Suarez playing on the right? The more I watch Barca the more I become convinced it's time for Messi to find new pastures. Suarez and Neymar are more than capable of providing coherency. Messi's contribution hasn't been up to scratch with some time now and when it is he's mostly blowing hot and cold.

Delighted for Celta and Ancellotti. Seems ridiculous to think that had Ramos not scored or had Madrid's mini slump continued he might have been sacked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I think it would be well worth experimenting in the next while playing Messi on the right wing. I say experimenting but it isn't really as when he played there years ago he was the most frightening winger imaginable. I definitely think Suarez cannot play well on the wing and it may give Messi the sort of space Ronaldo gets which may prove crucial in tight games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭hjkl

Turtwig wrote: »
    Busquets was Barca's defence last season. Hilarious statement to have to say too. When his groin injury flared up it really, I mean really! showed.

Why on earth was Suarez playing on the right? The more I watch Barca the more I become convinced it's time for Messi to find new pastures. Suarez and Neymar are more than capable of providing coherency. Messi's contribution hasn't been up to scratch with some time now and when it is he's mostly blowing hot and cold.

Delighted for Celta and Ancellotti. Seems ridiculous to think that had Ramos not scored or had Madrid's mini slump continued he might have been sacked.
    Doesn't he have something like 11 goals and 11 assists this season?

frimpong wrote: »
    Doesn't he have something like 11 goals and 11 assists this season?

Because it's Messi it should be double that apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Does anyone think that Sky should have a one hour La Liga highlights programme on a Saturday or Sunday night ?

The idea of showing a one hour highlights programme of each match doesn't really appeal to me ,its too long ,something like Match of the Day on a Saturday night would be ideal.
    The highlights on Revista De La Liga are too short .

Are there any other places that show decent highlights ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

No surprise that Jagoba Arrasate was sacked by Sociedad. Terrible start to the season.

Apparently, David Moyes has been linked to the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

No surprise that Jagoba Arrasate was sacked by Sociedad. Terrible start to the season.

Apparently, David Moyes has been linked to the job.
    Was always surprised that he got the job after Montanier. He did a good job last year but losing Griezmann was always going to hurt them. Vela hasn't been doing as well this year either. Think they overachieved a bit the last few years so it was always going to be tough for someone as inexperienced.

• Advertisement

Cristiano Ronaldo's opener for Real Madrid in the 4-0 defeat of Granada on Saturday saw him break Isidro Langara's 79-year-old record for the most goals scored in the first 10 La Liga games of the season.

Langara set the record in 1935-36 when playing for Real Oviedo after scoring 16 goals in his opening 10 matches of the campaign.

Ronaldo, however, notched his 17th of the season as Madrid secured three points to move top of La Liga, while he reached the target in just nine games, having missed the 4-2 defeat against Real Sociedad in August through injury.

The Portugal captain has not scored as many goals at this stage in La Liga during his last five campaigns at Madrid, having previously managed a best of 11 in 2010-11 and 2012-13.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Great game at the Vallecas - Eibar v Rayo

Eibar went 2 up - Rayp scored 2 in about a minute to peg them back and then Eibar scored one in the 86th Minute.

Eibar have been fantastic so far this season.

Great game at the Vallecas - Eibar v Rayo

Just watching the repeat now ,it seems Revista de La Liga was on tonight ,is that a new thing ,it always used to on a Tuesday .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Barca losing to almeria at the moment, luis enriques rotation is insane. How can a team gel under a new manager when there is wholesale changes every game? Barca have 3 right backs and they are playing adriano there today? :confused:

klose wrote: »
    Barca losing to almeria at the moment, luis enriques rotation is insane. How can a team gel under a new manager when there is wholesale changes every game? Barca have 3 right backs and they are playing adriano there today? :confused:

I honestly dont think Enrique has a clue .
    Barcelona were absolutely appalling in the first half today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

2-1 Real "hames" backpass gifts Rayo a goal.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

He's clearly rotating, something Barcelona have been accused of not doing.

Up to the Pique moment of madness in Madrid, he was doing pretty well.

Balague is saying moyes to real sociedad is a done deal for the remainder of this season and next season, now that will be interesting to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Moyes to Real Soc. He wanted contract till end of season so he could impress and maybe get a bigger club. They agreed on year and a half should be interesting only saw them twice this year start of season against Real Madrid when they won and Sunday night when they drew with Ath Madrid. Both times they were quiet good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Moyes to Real Soc. He wanted contract till end of season so he could impress and maybe get a bigger club. They agreed on year and a half should be interesting only saw them twice this year start of season against Real Madrid when they won and Sunday night when they drew with Ath Madrid. Both times they were quiet good.

They beat Atletico and Real....that their entire 2 wins this season. Its the other games they have been brutal in.

He has some job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Chap is gonna be constantly sunburnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

dreamers75 wrote: »
    They beat Atletico and Real....that their entire 2 wins this season. Its the other games they have been brutal in.

He has some job.

Sorry 1-1 after I switched off with not long left. Won't be to hard for him to impress if they have been what you said so far this season

Be fecking hilarious if Moyes got Sociedad into the Champions League and Man Utd didn't make it. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

If that is true I think he seriously needs to get a grip on himself. I wish him well but thinking he can just use Sociedad untill a better offer comes along considering the horror show he put on at United is downright delusional. He should count his blessings someone would even take a chance on him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

He'd be a good bet to take them down.

NIMAN wrote: »
    He'd be a good bet to take them down.
    Doubt it, whatever about his shortcomings, there seems to be a minimum level to be expected from a Moyes team.

Modric out till january apparently, big loss. Illara or khedira to fill in beside kroos?

Modric out till january apparently, big loss. Illara or khedira to fill in beside kroos?

Massive loss. Considering Carlo got Isco to fire supremely I wouldn't be surpised if he gives Illara the shot. The guy showed huge potential at Sociedad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Gutted that Modric is out. Great to watch recently.

At least he'll be back in time for the CL games, that's when Madrid will really need him.

• Advertisement

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/21/lionel-messi-may-leave-spain-tax-barcelona-football?CMP=twt_gu

It doesn't make for good reading. Regardless of whether you love Barcelona or hate them, losing Messi would be a disaster for the league, losing Messi because of him being unfairly singled out for tax reasons would be cataclysmic.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/21/lionel-messi-may-leave-spain-tax-barcelona-football?CMP=twt_gu

It doesn't make for good reading. Regardless of whether you love Barcelona or hate them, losing Messi would be a disaster for the league, losing Messi because of him being unfairly singled out for tax reasons would be cataclysmic.

There also seems to be a bit of trouble over the douglas transfer, suspicious is the barcelona board.

There also seems to be a bit of trouble over the douglas transfer, suspicious is the barcelona board.

Admittedly this Barcelona board is shady and the Douglas deal is certainly suspicious. However Messi has paid a lot of tax, he's settled out of court ala Alonso, Casillas and Nadal but, unlike them, apparently thats not good enough. I smell a conspiracy.

Goal! Messi! Messi! Messi! Magnificent, exquisite, it can only be Messi. The Camp Nou hails the greatest player to ever grace it's hallowed turf. 1-0

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

I've been watching this game so far and a few past ones on Bein Sport while abroad. Do you always mimic near word for word Ray Hudson or is this some in-house joke I am unaware of?

1-1.

2-1.

Helter skelter at the start of the second half but Barcelona's brilliant Brazilian strikes again, his 13th of the season, this is his breakout year as he's carried his World Cup form to Barcelona. 2-1

• Advertisement

Fantastic centre forward work from Suarez, he creates havoc in the opposition box and he creates goals too. Rakitic with the header against his former side. 3-1 is no more than Barcelona deserve, it's been a complete performance tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

I'd say Suarez is annoyed that Messi didn't leave it to him

Goal! Goal! Goal! Messi! Messi! Messi! The greatest footballer ever! We've been blessed to witness it, he moves onto 252, the best goalscorer in Spanish football history, the legend continues!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

Ridiculous

Magical Messi masterclass! His response to media speculation this week could not be more definitive, this is his home and look at the smile on his face, give this man all of the Balon D'ors, there's none greater than the greatest. 253 and counting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Delighted for him. Will never forget the only time I've seen him play live, Camp Nou just went electric any time he got on the ball. That was in 09 he's at some level for a long time now.

A complete performance, the perfect game.

Simply the greatest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Some man. I too have been lucky enough to see him play in person. It was quite a privilege.

Magical Messi masterclass! His response to media speculation this week could not be more definitive, this is his home and look at the smile on his face, give this man all of the Balon D'ors, there's none greater than the greatest. 253 and counting.
    Nice hattrick, but he hasn't a hope of winning it.

CSF wrote: »
    Nice hattrick, but he hasn't a hope of winning it.

Probably not. Call me biased but I'd give it to Messi every year, he's the best player on earth, there's no point disputing it.

Probably not. Call me biased but I'd give it to Messi every year, he's the best player on earth, there's no point disputing it.
    I am going to accept your invite and call you biased.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Try troll harder.

Messi is barely even top 3 in 2014. Does that affect his legacy in any way? Of course not. He's had injuries and the likes.

CSF wrote: »
    I am going to accept your invite and call you biased.

Fair enough but there's no doubt in my mind that he has no equal. He won't win it because Barcelona won nothing, because Argentina didn't win the World Cup but the best player in the world plies his trade at the Camp Nou.

Fair enough but there's no doubt in my mind that he has no equal. He won't win it because Barcelona won nothing, because Argentina didn't win the World Cup but the best player in the world plies his trade at the Camp Nou.
    You're entitled to that opinion, I think you will be relatively alone in the opinion that he should win it though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement