Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

La Liga Discussion Thread 2014/15 Season.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Try troll harder.

Messi is barely even top 3 in 2014. Does that affect his legacy in any way? Of course not. He's had injuries and the likes.

Perhaps the award is different to what I imagine it to be. I imagine it being given to the best player in the world, I don't think anybody can seriously dispute that player is Messi.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭Kharrell

I'll have to assume that's a 'yes' to my questions earlier given the lack of response. Near whole sentences quoted from Hudson above.

Feisty first half so far in Deportivo. Moyes was warned by the ref for trying to calm some row between a member of staff from both teams I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

I'm a Barca fan and love to watch Messi, but he's a clear 2nd for the last 18 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

disgusted, sevilla just played their wont win card AGAIN!!!!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,735 ✭✭✭Vincent Vega

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Real Sociedad winning 2-0 against Elche.

Moyes first game at home. Good start so far for him.

Finished 3-0. Carlos Vela with a hat-trick.

Positive start for moyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

I wouldn't take too much from a win at home to Elche, no matter what the scoreline. Away to Villareal next is somewhat telling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

16 wins on the trot for madrid and their next 3 games are at home against a lower league team in the cup, celta vigo and ludogorets. Could well be 19 wins in a row, what a team. Malaga certainly gave them a good game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭shrewdness

Another 2 assists from Ronaldo, he's certainly improved that area of his game lately. Joint top assists in La Liga now as well as being top scorer.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Very much looking forward to Valencia v Barca later. Valencia have been playing some good stuff this year.

The teams are out and the big news is Mascherano and Busquets start together in midfield with Xavi, Luis Enrique had hinted against Apoel that he may do it at the Mestalla and he has. Big game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭kksaints

Sad to hear of the trouble between the Atletico and Deportivo fans this morning which lead to one fan being killed.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/30174067

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

What a waste from Rodrigo. Decent start from Valencia though; was a little concerned after a couple of poor performances recently, but promising so far.

Amunt!

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Chrissybhoy

Always seems to be great atmosphere in the Mestalla no matter who their playing compared to most other Spanish grounds. Would it have the best atmosphere in Spain anyone know?

• Advertisement

Always seems to be great atmosphere in the Mestalla no matter who their playing compared to most other Spanish grounds. Would it have the best atmosphere in Spain anyone know?

There's one section behind the goal, the Curva Nord, where the main noise comes from. I'm no expert but I'd imagine Bilbao's St Mames would be the most renowned atmospehere in Spain; not sure if it's the same in the new St Mames.

Normally I'd hate that playacting from Otamendi, but when the team he's playing against has cheats like Alves, Alba, Busquets, Neymar, Suarez... I'll back him to the hilt :pac: Funny how the commentators don't have any criticism for Neymar there... it was very little, but still a red card.

Alves is an awful hypocrite when it comes to complaining to referees and he's not alone for Barca in that. So many dislikeable characters in this Barcelona team.

I've read that the top grounds for athmosphere are Mestalla, Vicente Calderon, Benito Villamarin (Betis) and Ramon Sanchez Pizjuan (Sevilla)

Old San Mames was meant to have a very special athmosphere as well.

I'm not sure about the double pivot, on one hand Barcelona are competing better in the middle of the pitch however it's meant that the transition from defence to attack has been far less smooth, too often it's been slowed in midfield. When Barcelona have reached the final third it's been telling that there's been too many wasteful final passes and, without a midfielder close by to link with, Messi has struggled to receive the ball in dangerous areas. That being said, Barcelona should be 1-0 ahead, Suarez having the clearest chance of the half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

A suarez messi neymar front 3 is as formidable as they come but a midfield of busquets mascherano and an ageing over the hill xavi slightly negates the forward line. Not much, if any creativity there.

• Advertisement

The verve and menace of Suarez is a truly frightening sight, he just needs the confidence a big goal will bring.

Tiki-taka? It's just Messi surrounded by glorified long-ball merchants out there in pink. If Messi doesn't create a chance Barca have nothing going forward.

edit: Rakitic could change it up. Hope not.

I don't bloody believe it! Suarez is clearly onside, very clearly onside, he's been denied his first La Liga goal, Barcelona have been robbed.

Claudio Bravo you beautiful, agile, goalkeeper.

Neymar got something on this ref?

Should be sent off, now getting frees for kicking himself...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

What a save iniatilly.

That's a massive goal for Barcelona. Big result getting a win in Valencia.

What a sickener. Great effort from Valencia; gave it everything. On another day could have scored a couple, but that's football! Otamendi, Negredo, Andre Gomes all fantastic.

Goal!!!!! Goal!!!! Barcelona have found the goal! The godly left foot of Messi almost supernaturally finds the head of Neymar, he drives his header at the chest of the keeper Alves from point blank range but it's Busquets, Sergio Busquets the hero, Sergio Busquets hammers it into the roof of the net with his left foot. Barcelona close the gap, Barcelona get their just rewards. Visca el Barca!

Goal!!!!! Goal!!!! Barcelona have found the goal! The godly left foot of Messi almost supernaturally finds the head of Neymar, he drives his header at the chest of the keeper Alves from point blank range but it's Busquets, Sergio Busquets the hero, Sergio Busquets hammers it into the roof of the net with his left foot. Barcelona close the gap, Barcelona get their just rewards. Visca el Barca!

Hardly.

A draw would have been a fair result here.

I hope Valencia get the idiot who threw the bottle at Messi as well. Deserves to be banned from attending Valencia games and get charged by the police.

Hardly.

A draw would have been a fair result here.

I hope Valencia get the idiot who threw the bottle at Messi as well. Deserves to be banned from attending Valencia games and get charged by the police.

A clear goal denied by a dreadful refereeing decision says otherwise.

I agree though, disgraceful behavior, he doesn't deserve the privilege of being in the presence of Messi, he shouldn't be allowed inside the Mestalla again.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Ha, I was celebrating that Neymars header had went in. Only relaised after the final whistle it was Busquets who scored.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

The Celta Vigo game irritates that bit more with wins in the Mestalla.

I have no confidence in Busquets to tap in - too many memories of Stamford Bridge and missing an open goal - and he nearly missed it, Alves got a touch I think....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Whats the story with messi and neymar ?
    Just looking at 10 mins of barca v valencia it seemed they are not friends or anything ! Any history to that ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,188 ✭✭✭Montroseee

Penaldo with another hat-trick tonight and Real's 18th win in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,948 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

What a goal for Malaga! Could have been 2-0 but it's now 0-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Montroseee wrote: »
    Penaldo with another hat-trick tonight and Real's 18th win in a row.

Shocking dive for the opener, should be ashamed of himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,344 ✭✭✭keeponhurling

NIMAN wrote: »
    Shocking dive for the opener, should be ashamed of himself.

Might have been a little nudge but he certainly made the most of it.

Madrid would have won in any case, much superior to Vigo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,042 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Of course they were much superior, but sad to watch guys cheating like that.

Do you remember the free that James won in the 1st half too? The defender kicked between his feet, making no contact. But Madrid got a free in a great postiion through cheating, Bale wasted it iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,640 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Jebus Pique is an awful defender. He might as well roll out the red carpet

• Advertisement

I'd genuinely fancy my chances against Pique 1 vs 1, his feet seemed to be stuck in quick sand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

He's a shadow of the dominant CB of a few years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

He has only played truly world class when Puyol was beside him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Headshot wrote: »
    Jebus Pique is an awful defender. He might as well roll out the red carpet

Ever since he hooked up with Shakira he has gone to the dogs .
    The club used to spy on him ,they feared his relationship with Shakira would affect his onfield performance and indeed it has.

Goal! Messi! It can only be Messi, it's his goal, if goals could be trademarked that particular goal would be reserved for Lionel Messi. The greatest draws Barcelona level.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

Brilliant goal. Inch perfect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,207 ✭✭✭miralize

Mind numbingly slow play from us at times.

miralize wrote: »

it does take so long to get from defense to final third with the ball, it's such a shame we've lost the threat of the counter attack that was so potent under Pep.

Genius! The great man inspires all around him, he carries the Camp Nou on his back. Decline? Messi doesn't know what that is.

3-1, Pique header! Criticise him and he responds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

miralize wrote: »

Scholes made the point recently that ye looked bored. Unbalanced too. Lucho has his work cut out for him. There's no spirit or tempo with Barca at the moment. It's far too predictable and a quality side will punish them for it.

Turtwig wrote: »
    Scholes made the point recently that ye looked bored. Unbalanced too. Lucho has his work cut out for him. There's no spirit or tempo with Barca at the moment. It's far too predictable and a quality side will punish them for it.

You've missed the second half I think.

• Advertisement
Advertisement