Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kilmoganny furniture

Options
  • 23-08-2014 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭

As far as I recall there was a large secondhand furniture store at Kilmoganny, does anyone know if it is still there? Thanks :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

looksee wrote: »
    As far as I recall there was a large secondhand furniture store at Kilmoganny, does anyone know if it is still there? Thanks :)

Definiatly not in kilmo anyway! Unless there used to be one in the empty building beside the school?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I can't remember exactly where it was, but I bought several things there, I'd say it was maybe 10-15 years or more since the last time I was there. It was a big, ramshackle building on two floors, long rooms crammed with furniture! I think they had another premises in Kilkenny city at one stage, but I am not sure. All very vague! I know we headed out the Kells road, and it was a good bit of a drive, the only town I can think it could have been was Kilmoganny. Thanks anyway. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭phkk

looksee wrote: »
    I can't remember exactly where it was, but I bought several things there, I'd say it was maybe 10-15 years or more since the last time I was there. It was a big, ramshackle building on two floors, long rooms crammed with furniture! I think they had another premises in Kilkenny city at one stage, but I am not sure. All very vague! I know we headed out the Kells road, and it was a good bit of a drive, the only town I can think it could have been was Kilmoganny. Thanks anyway. :)

Would it be Quirke's near Mullinahone you're thinking of?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭looksee

YES!!! Thank you, that's the one. And of course Kilmoganny sounds exactly like Mullinahone!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭foxcoverteddy

It was on the road outside Kilmaganny on the way to The Grand Gates and Newmarket. It was on the righthand side, never went in, it was near a firm doing signage.
    Is Quirks still open? went past the other day and it sort of looked closed but perhaps I was going without really thinking of furniture and it was late.

• Advertisement
Advertisement