Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Risco Cloud

Options
  • 23-08-2014 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭

Can anyone shed some light as to why the risco cloud has suddenly ceased sending me notifications? I can arm/disarm ect through the app but no more notifications of alarm events or photos.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Did you disable notifications on the app settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Changed nothing. Gone on both ipad and galaxy. Can only request images which take 3-5 mins to show in the log and can arm via app.

Strange. Maybe there's a problem with their servers at the moment.

Servers appear to be up. Had someone check their panel. Im now getting " the panel is not connected". Using a meteor data sim. Credit is all good

How are you connecting to your panel?

• Advertisement

Gprs via risco app

Came back on its own today.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Came back on its own today.

Sur it's almost September, holiday time is up.

Hahahaha :)

Gone again. Any ideas? Gsm signal is showing 5/5. Yet i cant connect to the panel via app. Yup there is credit.

• Advertisement

Are you connected to the panel the LAN card or how are you connecting?

Im using the plug on gsm/gprs card. Keeps coming and going as it pleases

Was it working fine or has it been like that since installation?

It does sound like a signal issue though.

Working perfect up until a week ago. Now im getting notifications half an hour later or not at all . Gsm signal is 5/5. Moved the panel around.

Came back there now . All working again. But the alarm went off earlier today (dog) and i got no notifications and it went off just there ( dog up on table). (Cameras are deadly)
    and everything has come back. Why isnt it consistant ?

Sounds like a problem with the plug-on, either a signal issue or a faulty unit. I'd get a replacement and try that first. Could also be a sim issue.

For the time being. Do you know where the setting is that has the unit poll with riscos servers? I havent been notified once by the risco cloud that theres been a break down in comms with the panel. Ive only found out while trying to log in or after events.

Sorry, no I dont. I'm not that familiar with them to be honest.

Sorry, no I dont. I'm not that familiar with them to be honest.

no worries. Cheers for the help

• Advertisement

Seems there's some lads who are having some grief and some that aren't, like most stuff I guess.

Their servers were down four times over a six month period, not ideal but not that bad.

Hope it gets sorted. Il try the lan card and see if i get better comms

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

Servers appear to be up. Had someone check their panel. Im now getting " the panel is not connected". Using a meteor data sim. Credit is all good

Heard there was an issue over the weekend alright. Very surprised they have no back up that kicks in if a problem occurs.

altor wrote: »
    Heard there was an issue over the weekend alright. Very surprised they have no back up that kicks in if a problem occurs.

I thought cloud based systems ment the other servers handle comms should one server go down.

I thought cloud based systems ment the other servers handle comms should one server go down.

They should but since your not paying for it you cant complain.
    The main issue with it going off line is you dont know about it being off.
    No really a great way of monitoring your system.

altor wrote: »
    They should but since your not paying for it you cant complain.
    The main issue with it going off line is you dont know about it being off.
    No really a great way of monitoring your system.

Shhhhhssssss ;) my system is great.
    Yeah not being notified of a comms failure is annoying alright. But im looking for options in the menus that will alert me of a comms fault.

Shhhhhssssss ;) my system is great.
    Yeah not being notified of a comms failure is annoying alright. But im looking for options in the menus that will alert me of a comms fault.

Your system itself should give an indication of the fault in a communication path.
    The cloud should send you an indication if the service is down at your end but unfortunately it wont.
    Risco should have an email to inform end users at lease if its down at there end but dont.
    Its not really a great form of monitoring of your alarm if you dont know if its working or not in my opinion.

Advertisement