Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question.. can u fish in Stephens Green...

Options
  • 23-08-2014 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Herd of alot of serious fish was gonna give it ago would i get in trouble

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

No fishing allowed. There are lots off free fishing venues around Dublin without hitting the park.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Andypdublin24

No fishing allowed. There are lots off free fishing venues around Dublin without hitting the park.

Well how are the fish getting in there and wot is the purpose of them been there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭from_atozinc

Well how are the fish getting in there and wot is the purpose of them been there

They walk in themselves.

To look pretty

; )

Why does there have to be a purpose? It's called nature and a balanced ecosystem.
    As the how they got there; there are several theories including links to the canals.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭KAI.Fundraiser

Why does there have to be a purpose? It's called nature and a balanced ecosystem.
    As the how they got there; there are several theories including links to the canals.

There is a purpose, all public parks have no fishing attached but you will notice that every single one of them have fish that have been stocked, It is to do with keeping the ponds balanced.. The fish help the water and the birds.

• Advertisement

Should alow catch and release don't you think alot handyier to bring kids the park to fish don't you think.. I herd tymon north park has carp

There is a purpose, all public parks have no fishing attached but you will notice that every single one of them have fish that have been stocked, It is to do with keeping the ponds balanced.. The fish help the water and the birds.

Another theory I's that the council hold them in these parks before they sell them on to fisheries

Theres allot of myths about tymon park, theres allot of roach and perch in it but its poached so Im assuming any big fish have been taken out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Could you imagine throwing a hook around during lunchtime. You're bound to catch a Nice girl.:)

Corkagh park is doing 3 hours for a tenner including equipment and bait. C&R.

Theres allot of myths about tymon park, theres allot of roach and perch in it but its poached so Im assuming any big fish have been taken out.

Full of big carp pal council leave them there and sell them on have a walk round ull spot them.. It's very shallow I seen dead carp just his outer scales left i reported it to ya man he said it would be the rats and it is infested

• Advertisement

Could you imagine throwing a hook around during lunchtime. You're bound to catch a Nice girl.:)

It's fished out u get more pike in there now that trout are spooked to bits no carp left y pay to fish there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 625 ✭✭✭roadsmart

tymon north park has carp

I think you spelled that wrongly.

roadsmart wrote: »
    I think you spelled that wrongly.

Spelled what

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Spelled what

Carp

testicle wrote: »
    Carp

No there is carp in it

Corkagh still has loads of big carp, seen them myself 3 weeks ago, 6 of them all between 6 and 10lbs. But NO ONE has caught a carp there in 3 years lol..

Its now a bait and pike fishery because someone put pike into it and they now feed off everything in the lake, there is torut swimming around it with half their bodys missing.

Sure there was an 11lbs pike caught in it and it had a big bite mark in its side...

Its still good for the kids to learn on but not for an adult angler.

How did pike get into the park and how many is in it

How did pike get into the park and how many is in it

Theres loads in it... the biggest caught is 14lbs if I remember. But theres also millions of jackers in it now.

I assume someone put jackers in it for fun?

Theres loads in it... the biggest caught is 14lbs if I remember. But theres also millions of jackers in it now.

I assume someone put jackers in it for fun?

U reckon that 14 grew like that in there..do u fish it

Another theory I's that the council hold them in these parks before they sell them on to fisheries

Utter nonsense! Or are you joking?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Lads talking about public parks and the whereabouts of fish is stupid. So many people will read this and next thing you know places get fished out. It's illegal to fish in Stephens green and tymon park.
    Very few people knew about tymon park but now whole feckin world does.
    The carp in tymon were placed there to grow and breed an have at numerous occasion been caught and transferred to corkagh park and maynooth fisheries. There is common and mirrors in it.
    I fished it when I was a kid with my mate who's father was the park ranger. Did no harm and everything was returned but now that it's out on public forum god knows if they'll be there next week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

No there is carp in it

Whoosh!

testicle wrote: »
    Whoosh!

Perhaps because this is an Angling forum and not After Hours.

Lads talking about public parks and the whereabouts of fish is stupid. So many people will read this and next thing you know places get fished out. It's illegal to fish in Stephens green and tymon park.
    Very few people knew about tymon park but now whole feckin world does.
    The carp in tymon were placed there to grow and breed an have at numerous occasion been caught and transferred to corkagh park and maynooth fisheries. There is common and mirrors in it.
    I fished it when I was a kid with my mate who's father was the park ranger. Did no harm and everything was returned but now that it's out on public forum god knows if they'll be there next week.
    Ah come on! Anybody who walks the parks can see the fish. These aren't little hidden ponds off the beaten track in fairness: they are Public parks. I don't live within an asses roar of Dublin and visit it perhaps once a year yet even I was aware of the fish in the parks. Any decent pond that the keepers want balanced will have fish.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

And what of the people who don't walk the parks???
    They read this and all of a sudden they're down at it?
    We all know on this not to give out locations of fish. You know it yourself.
    If I was to give location of salmon there'd be uproar so why any different

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭gumbo1

It's bad form for anglers to give their "honey hole's" and spots where they know there's fish away on a public domain. Angling has been getting harder for some species for years and for people to just tell everyone is wrong and has an impact not only on genuine anglers aand the people who take time effort and money to establish the fish after a certain amount where removed from by the same people we don't want to know!
    I hope that makes sense to you all!

Utter nonsense! Or are you joking?

That's utter truth look into it and u will see

That's utter truth look into it and u will see

Overstocked fish have on occasion been moved to fisheries but they are not purposely held in these ponds in order to sell them to fisheries. There is a massive difference between managing stock and rearing fish for sale. There is nothing new in all this. Fish were there when I was a lad over 60 years ago.

Overstocked fish have on occasion been moved to fisheries but they are not purposely held in these ponds in order to sell them to fisheries. There is a massive difference between managing stock and rearing fish for sale. There is nothing new in all this. Fish were there when I was a lad over 60 years ago.

Well thanks for ure knowledge and wisdom

• Advertisement

Well thanks for ure knowledge and wisdom

You are very welcome Andy. Any time.

Advertisement