Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question.. can u fish in Stephens Green...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭KAI.Fundraiser

Lads talking about public parks and the whereabouts of fish is stupid. So many people will read this and next thing you know places get fished out. It's illegal to fish in Stephens green and tymon park.
    Very few people knew about tymon park but now whole feckin world does.
    The carp in tymon were placed there to grow and breed an have at numerous occasion been caught and transferred to corkagh park and maynooth fisheries. There is common and mirrors in it.
    I fished it when I was a kid with my mate who's father was the park ranger. Did no harm and everything was returned but now that it's out on public forum god knows if they'll be there next week.

Doddorman, go down any day and theres atleast 10 wagglers floating around the ponds from people fishing it, and tbh your the one that just told everyone whats in it lol. :O

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

Doddorman, go down any day and theres atleast 10 wagglers floating around the ponds from people fishing it, and tbh your the one that just told everyone whats in it lol. :O

I said the types of carp in it. I wasn't the one who said there was fish In it. I fishe it for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 JimLahey

As a kid I thought I was the only person in the world that knew about Tymon. I remember timing the rangers route so that I could fish for a few minutes and then hide my rod before he got back. I gave up after I got kicked out once or twice!

I would agree with Dodderangler, I don't think its a good idea to he naming places on here. You could get all sorts in there leaving rubbish like hooks and line about for dogs and ducks to get caught up in. Not to mention the lake being fished out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

Plenty about Tymon on Irish coarse fishing's website and fishing talk irleand. Based on their discussions it is well fished.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭KAI.Fundraiser

Plenty about Tymon on Irish coarse fishing's website and fishing talk irleand. Based on their discussions it is well fished.

Not legally, One of dublin county councils bylaws is no fishing in any park.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Bio Mech

There should be a ban on naming venues on this board. IMO. Keep it to PM if needed. Does no good.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Andypdublin24

In all fairness if it illegal then should be no problem talking as if ure caught fishing wen u are not aloud that's ure problem as I can see there people admitting to fishing these places before what happened them..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

The whole idea behind not mentioning places is that even though some of us may be aware of there being fish in certain places there are also those who didn't know and all types of people do be on boards and could easily go to these place and fish it out.

Most people on Boards are genuine anglers, or those trying to get started, and need help knowing where to fish. We have all commented on venues; be they Blessington or other locations around the country. We have advised on stretches of coast to try or to avoid. We have detailed methods that work in one location versus another. We have told how minnow or other methods will work for some species in some locations for example. Those who poach or strip waters of fish don't need boards to find fish.
    Apologies, if this is drifting off topic but the question arises as to the purpose of the forum if marks, or comments on how they are fishing, are out of bounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

It's fished out u get more pike in there now that trout are spooked to bits no carp left y pay to fish there

Didn't realise that! Its another place not to bother visiting.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭wiseoldelf34

What kind of fish if any would be in the pond at st Anne's?

Didn't realise that! Its another place not to bother visiting.:D

Unless ure going for pike.. Ud prob have a good chance wit a smelly bait

What kind of fish if any would be in the pond at st Anne's?

Weres that

Unless ure going for pike.. Ud prob have a good chance wit a smelly bait

There is often this attitude that some waters hold only pike. But pike need prey species. If there are pike somewhere then there are other species vin sufficient numbers to sustain them.

Weres that

I googled it and I think its in clontarf

Advertisement