Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Three repeater booster

• 23-08-2014 7:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,928 ✭✭✭✭

I currently use a Three Mifi to receive Three broadband. I have it located by a window & the signal strength is good. However, as expected from Three, my speeds vary enormously & I often have to switch the Mifi off & on to re-establish the connection.

I have seen a few Three booster/repeaters for sale presumably from the nbs scheme. Would one of these increase the quality of my connection ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

IIRC, repeaters degrade your connection quite a bit.

Are you using Three's Huawei 593s ? If you are, you can opt to use the Ethernet ports and network your house using powerline adapters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 263 ✭✭davebuck

Is the Three's Huawei 593s worth gettings ? for a rural location again the 3 signal can be good and bad....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,928 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

davebuck wrote: »
    Is the Three's Huawei 593s worth gettings ? for a rural location again the 3 signal can be good and bad....

Looks pointless to me. It's 4g - which probably won't arrive here in my lifetime :pac:

It offer loads of connectivity which is a waste of time with my speeds.

Advertisement