Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some youtube videos and facebook videos not playing

Options
  • 23-08-2014 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

So I started to notice last night that some YT videos were playing but the video was black and I could only hear the audio. I thought there might be an issue with those specific videos but then it started again today. I then noticed the same issues with videos on facebook.

On you tube I keep testing these two vidoes. All I get is a black video but can hear the audio:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xDMP3i36naA
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CNtfLuXi0A

Same with Facebook videos. Some videos wont pre play on my timeline and when I actually click on them to play them full screen, again same thing, black video but I can hear the audio. Some videos will play. Doesn't seem to be any pattern to why some will and some wont play,

I went digging and some message boards are saying that its a flash issues so I uninstalled and re installed, no good.

Chrome is my default browser but the exact same behavior is being seen in IE. Any thoughts or suggestions?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Dowl88

Delete your browsing history including cache
    Reinstall/Update graphics card drivers.

Dowl88 wrote: »
    Delete your browsing history including cache
    Reinstall/Update graphics card drivers.

Might also need to disable hardware acceleration in Flash if this doesn't work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

Uninstalled and re installed drivers. Had the latest beta drivers from AMD installed so went with the latest official ones. seems to have done the trick....

Thanks!

Advertisement