Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Decent Wrangler jeans in Dublin

• 23-08-2014 7:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking online and no joy in Arnotts etc. I'm not looking for the Wrangler jeans with the small tab on the back, but these type ones:

http://goo.gl/8tCU0y

http://goo.gl/CHcv8P

Slim/straight, with the bigger patches. Anyone know any shops in Dub? I'll be up in a week or so. You tend not to see them around much.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Maybe Clerys or Boyers might have them as they tend to stock less cutting edge brands and styles. (the ones in your link actually look good though!)

Tbh, the Wrangler brand is considered dated and more culchie oriented which is why you probably don't see it on sale in many places these days. You're more likely to find them in a country town "drapery" store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I know what you mean, you tend to only see a certain type of wrangler on sale these days, worn by taxi drivers and some "culchies". A bunch of keys hanging off them is obligatory.

That's why I made sure to post the link to the ones in the original post. I suppose it would just be a break from buying levis, levis, levis for me. I had a pair of the big patch wranglers years ago (not the culchie ones!!) and they lasted for ages.

But yeah, in general, in Ireland anyhow, wrangler stuff seems to be very middle of the road.

Are you saying that folk in Dublin don't wear wrangler? ;) Seeing as a good whack of the population in Dublin is from the country, surely they're popular!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

Why does it have to be a case of only Levis or Wranglers though? It must be 15 years since I bought either of them.

I'm sure some city folk wear Wranglers but the reason it's not so visible is that there are tonnes of other choices of brands/styles/fits to choose from these days.

Check out Jack'n'Jones which has loads of different styles. Next, River Island, Zara, Burton and even Top Man (if you can find loose styles) all have great ranges at affordable prices too. TK Maxx and Penneys (which have come a long way) are other options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

I'm only joking about the wranglers. ;)

Ah I don't stick to just levis, but was just going to try a different brand. I know there are lee, diesel, g star etc...

I always found the fit of jack and jones jeans not good, for me anyhow. River Island stuff was ok. I have found with some cheaper brands, they either don't last long or go raggy after a while.

But if they were a decent fit, I wouldn't have a problem buying them.

Advertisement