Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs V QPR

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

ziedth wrote: »
    I like that If a world war breaks out tonight we'll win the league.........

Hmm tempting;)

Ill get plotting with Putin and see what I can manage:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

On now on motd

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

On now on motd

on first too for a change:cool:

les ferdy and neil lennon were raving about how agressive energetic and incredibally talented lamela was ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Just got to see the four goals. Let's pray Lamela doesn't get injured and plays a full season like this.

Dier and Chadli our joint top goalscorers. Who'd have thought!

****e opponents but still a good warm up for Liverpool at home. Same result again would be fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭mushykeogh

Great to have two wins on the board, still a few lapses defensively. Think we have a more dynamic midfield than liverpool, next week will be interesting.

• Advertisement

RichGregariousGerenuk.gif

How good is that movement?

SevereScrawnyIbadanmalimbe.gif

48 passes. Twice as many as any other PL goal scored in 13/14 season.

Is this a sign of whats to come under Poch?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

THFC wrote: »
    Which proves what exactly? Wait until he does it consistently and against the big teams..

Give the guy a break. If he did that consistently against the big teams he'd be bought by Real for 80m

He proved yesterday that he has what it takes to be a valuable player for Spurs first team after a lotta people said he wasn't even good enough for the squad.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Eamo71

mushykeogh wrote: »
    Great to have two wins on the board, still a few lapses defensively. Think we have a more dynamic midfield than liverpool, next week will be interesting.
    Think the Liverpool match coming about 4-6 weeks too early. If we play like we did against the Hammers we'll be kicked. But we go there on the back of yesterday and with a chance. I'll take a point now :-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,661 ✭✭✭mickman

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Think the Liverpool match coming about 4-6 weeks too early. If we play like we did against the Hammers we'll be kicked. But we go there on the back of yesterday and with a chance. I'll take a point now :-)

I think it's a good time. A handy game thurs night and we will go into it brimming with confidence

I reckon the pool will lose tonight and without Suarez they just aren't the same team so I reckon we can beat them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭slegs

mickman wrote: »
    I think it's a good time. A handy game thurs night and we will go into it brimming with confidence

I reckon the pool will lose tonight and without Suarez they just aren't the same team so I reckon we can beat them

Agreed, its a great time. A draw would be seen as a great start so no reason we cant have a go at them with some of the pace that we showed yesterday.

Even if we lose a tight one playing like yesterday I wouldn't be unhappy. There is lots of growth to come yet under Pochettino I feel

I like the way our games against the bigger teams are spread out this year. If we string mostly wins against the poor teams together it leaves is feeling confident coming into these bigger games.

slegs wrote: »
    Agreed, its a great time. A draw would be seen as a great start so no reason we cant have a go at them with some of the pace that we showed yesterday.

Even if we lose a tight one playing like yesterday I wouldn't be unhappy. There is lots of growth to come yet under Pochettino I feel

I like the way our games against the bigger teams are spread out this year. If we string mostly wins against the poor teams together it leaves is feeling confident coming into these bigger games.

Lads, your enthusiasm has convinced me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

QPR had a couple of half chances and on another day that game could have finished 4-2.

(...Under Sherwood or AVB when we were so impotent in attack it could have easily finished 2-2 or even 0-0 :eek:)

The way the forwards and MF press and hussle the opposition is really protecting our own defense as we are winning the ball back higher up the field. Which is great and everything but lets not kid ourselves .. the defense still needs a lot of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,713 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

... I think next Sunday is a great time to pay the 'pool. We should stick a few past the Cypriots Thursday night, a clean sheet too hopefully and we will be full of confidence going into next Sundays game.

Depends on how Liverpool do tonight I suppose. If they are found wanting against city then we should be looking to turn them over too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm calling it now that City will route them tonight.

I can't call next week at all. I think it'll be close but I'd happily take a draw if you offered me one now.

irishmover wrote: »
    48 passes. Twice as many as any other PL goal scored in 13/14 season.

Is this a sign of whats to come under Poch?

while the goal was a fine goal., the first half of the passes didnt really go anywhere and were largely uncontested by qpr

while the goal was a fine goal., the first half of the passes didnt really go anywhere and were largely uncontested by qpr

Trust a Spurs supporter to try throw a negative spin on a 48 pass move leading to a goal....

My god, our supporters can't appreciate anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm calling it now that City will route them tonight.

I've had this feeling too. 3-0 or more.

irishmover wrote: »
    Trust a Spurs supporter to try throw a negative spin on a 48 pass move leading to a goal....

My god, our supporters can't appreciate anything.

not sure what you are on about. watching 20 passes go between the back four and the keeper is not impressive football. If a pro footballer cant pass the ball 5 yards to the nearest man and back again then there is something amiss

as i said , it was a fine goal but rambling on about 48 passes etc is not valid

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

One player that I'm delighted to see step up to the mark is Capoue. Was always a big fan of him and watched him when he played for Toulouse. Sad to say, but I think Sandro days are numbered. Just can't seem to get that form back which is such a pity.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,910 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

DyldeBrill wrote: »
    One player that I'm delighted to see step up to the mark is Capoue. Was always a big fan of him and watched him when he played for Toulouse. Sad to say, but I think Sandro days are numbered. Just can't seem to get that form back which is such a pity.

Needs to stay injury free, he's made for this league. He's a big unit who can pass the ball and neutralize attacks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Sugarlumps wrote: »
    Needs to stay injury free, he's made for this league. He's a big unit who can pass the ball and neutralize attacks.

That knee injury couldn't have come at a worse time for him. He was playing the best football of his career. Great tackler of the ball and a huge fan of him, but I just think Capoue is the better all round player.

DyldeBrill wrote: »

yep. he was our best new player last season until he got injured

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

as i said , it was a fine goal but rambling on about 48 passes etc is not valid

It's not about the actual passes though, it's about the complete dominance of the opposing team.

The 48-pass goal in one breath describes and summarises the 90 minute match.

It's not about the actual passes though, it's about the complete dominance of the opposing team.

The 48-pass goal in one breath describes and summarises the 90 minute match.

fair enough. it was a good goal for sure.

Eamo71 wrote: »
    Lads, your enthusiasm has convinced me :-)
    DoH!! I didn't realise the game was at home!!!! That changes things - bring it on!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,776 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

Ormus wrote: »
    Give the guy a break. If he did that consistently against the big teams he'd be bought by Real for 80m

He proved yesterday that he has what it takes to be a valuable player for Spurs first team after a lotta people said he wasn't even good enough for the squad.

From one game? Lennon, Dawson, Rose, Naughton, Paulinho, etc., have all had more than 1 good game. I'm not writing him off but to state he's a valuable member of our team after 1 game is premature. Based on last season he's nothing more than a decent player that is handy to have around as a back up. Would he be missed if we sold him? Probably not.

I hope just as much as you that he kicks on this season, but that remains to be seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭oppiuy

Yesterday was good, ableit against a really poor QPR but there were a few errors and issues here and there. Its only the teams second really competitive game so now we should look to progress slowly but surely. The high pressing worked well, it did at times under AVB too, but what impressed me was the speed at which we broke once we got the ball back. It was a joy to watch and we haven't said that in a long long time.

I'd like to see chadli get game time, hhis off the ball movement was excellent and 2 great finishes. Lennon should now be a squad player and id sell Townsend for the money being touted.

Id keep the beast, its going to be a long season and i think against the big teams he'd be better in there than Bentaleb at the moment. I dont see where Paulinho fits it on his form over the last 12 months for us and Brazil. He will stay so hopefully Poch can get the best out of him.

Dembele needs to step up and really deliver, the talent is there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

People saying QPR were really poor...
    But you have to beat the teams in and around you..
    Also, When we thumped Sunderland 5-1 in April, they were goners so we all said....now as far as i can see, they are still playing in the Prem after getting some outstanding results in the run in.
    I fancy us to beat Liverpool -1.:cool:

Advertisement