Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5 Battery Replacement Program

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭ekimiam

doesnt seem to include Eire & UK just yet :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭datk

I just got off a support 'chat' and my phone qualifies - they said the program is starting here on the 29th.

D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,733 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Geratron

Hi, my iphone qualifies and I sent it off to Apple free of charge to have the faulty battery replaced only to be told that the Screen Frame Holder is loose and will cost €207 plus tax to have it repaired before they will replace the battery. It seems to be a scam by Apple.

Id rather charge my phone twice a day before id give them €207 plus tax to fix a fault in the iphone.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,531 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Geratron wrote: »
    Hi, my iphone qualifies and I sent it off to Apple free of charge to have the faulty battery replaced only to be told that the Screen Frame Holder is loose and will cost €207 plus tax to have it repaired before they will replace the battery. It seems to be a scam by Apple.

Id rather charge my phone twice a day before id give them €207 plus tax to fix a fault in the iphone.

Has anyone else had a similar experience?

My wife had IPhone's battery replaced recently on the programme but they simply and surprisingly replaced the whole phone. So I am surprised to hear that they want to charge you for the repair.
    I don't believe a company like Apple is out to scam you but perhaps chat with them and ask why phone is not being replaced like other people you have heard of. Otherwise just get it back and get your local Chinese electronics back street guru to put a €30 battery in.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 817 ✭✭✭iano.p

My wife's fone was sent back with nothing done to it. She rang them again and sent away for the second time. Apple sent back a replacement fone two days later with a email saying sorry for the mix up the first time around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Someone I know has had this happen. There is small, and I mean minuscule, dent on one of the corners. It is normal wear and tear of a phone that is 2 years old.
    They are saying it's either €207 or both the battery and lock screen are returned faulty. It's incredibly disappointing. Apple support have been unhelpful. Only suggesting that the phone could be returned to the original store of purchase. However two years later, I doubt they will even entertain the idea of returning a faulty item.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,996 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Someone I know has had this happen. There is small, and I mean minuscule, dent on one of the corners. It is normal wear and tear of a phone that is 2 years old.
    They are saying it's either €207 or both the battery and lock screen are returned faulty. It's incredibly disappointing. Apple support have been unhelpful. Only suggesting that the phone could be returned to the original store of purchase. However two years later, I doubt they will even entertain the idea of returning a faulty item.

Considering they would have to return it to Apple for repairs.:o
    It might have been worth a run through the Small Claims Court, but Apple insist that any damage is repaired at the same time, so there is no comeback on them down the road if something else goes wrong. Kind of going around in circles at that stage....

Advertisement