Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rare steak with blood?

Options
  • 24-08-2014 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭

I cooked a steak rare tonight for the first time and after I started eating I noticed that in certain parts of the steak it was pink near the edge of the steak (like in the image here http://letsmakesomethingawesome.com/...02/DSC3339.jpg) and when I cut into it there was blood/red juice coming out of the steak. Like a fool I continued eating it, and soon afterwards my stomach felt unusual.

Is it safe to eat with blood/red juice coming out of it? Should I be concerned/see a doctor?

From what I could see the outside of the steak was browned/cooked. I googled the above question but found no answer. Im pretty worried now after googling, so I would appreciate any help. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Food safety advice is forbidden on this forum.

However, what you saw was not blood, it was myoglobin, which is perfectly safe (assuming the meat is not rancid). Nevertheless, if you feel unwell, consult a doctor.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement