Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nappy leaking at night :(

Options
  • 24-08-2014 8:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Every morning for the last 2 weeks my 7 month old has woke up wet :( all the way through to his vest, babygrow and growbag.

I have tried lid, aldi, dunnes, in size 4 and even bought pampers baby 4+and he is still wet. All of the nappies are grand during the day. (And used to be grand at night)

He gets a 6oz bottle at 7pm and will sleep till 7am. If I change him in his sleep at say 10/11 he will be dry in the morning. (I don't want to do this).

Does anyone have suggestions ? Thanks a mil

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

Millem wrote: »
    Every morning for the last 2 weeks my 7 month old has woke up wet :( all the way through to his vest, babygrow and growbag.

I have tried lid, aldi, dunnes, in size 4 and even bought pampers baby 4+and he is still wet. All of the nappies are grand during the day. (And used to be grand at night)

He gets a 6oz bottle at 7pm and will sleep till 7am. If I change him in his sleep at say 10/11 he will be dry in the morning. (I don't want to do this).

Does anyone have suggestions ? Thanks a mil

Which Pampers were you using? Baby-Dry are much better than ActiveFit for night-time use (I honestly don't think it's just a marketing ploy, in my experience!)

On a practical note, I use toddler bed mats (the Huggies ones) under his sheet, at least that way your mattress is protected if he soaks all the way through!

If nothing else works, would it be worth using those waterproof toddler pants ... at least then his you're containing it if it does soak throug the nappy? Not sure if they'd even work though, would probably be massive on him!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Which Pampers were you using? Baby-Dry are much better than ActiveFit for night-time use (I honestly don't think it's just a marketing ploy, in my experience!)

On a practical note, I use toddler bed mats (the Huggies ones) under his sheet, at least that way your mattress is protected if he soaks all the way through!

If nothing else works, would it be worth using those waterproof toddler pants ... at least then his you're containing it if it does soak throug the nappy? Not sure if they'd even work though, would probably be massive on him!

The pampers are the green baby dry ones. We are lucky that the Grobags are very thick so it would never go through to the mattress (thank god).

I have never seen toddler pants??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Millem, are they baby dry you are using? Also is the nappy heavy and soaked through when you change it? Or is he soaked and the nappy is not that heavy it has just leaked?

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Millem, are they baby dry you are using? Also is the nappy heavy and soaked through when you change it? Or is he soaked and the nappy is not that heavy it has just leaked?

The green pampers baby dry, we got them in tesco when the essential packs were BOGOF. In the morning the nappy is soooo heavy and the inside is yellow (with pee) because it is super soaking.

Also he is wet at his belly not down his legs. I always make sure his private parts are pointing down. The nappy is unbelievably heavy. He could hardly be a size 5?

• Advertisement

The green pampers baby dry, we got them in tesco when the essential packs were BOGOF. In the morning the nappy is soooo heavy and the inside is yellow (with pee) because it is super soaking.

Ah ok, we'll of that's the case it just mustn't be absorbing enough. We had a couple of instances where it leaked through the sides so te actually nappy was not super wet... So it was us that that just hasn't out them on tight enough. We tried a smaller size then which fitted him better and that worked.

But if the nappy is super heavy I don't any others that have more absorption than the baby dry :(.
    What weight is he?

I have never seen toddler pants??

LOL maybe I made it up in my head! :D I was sure such a thing existed, or at least used to exist?! Could be wrong, though. :o

Also he is wet at his belly not down his legs. I always make sure his private parts are pointing down. The nappy is unbelievably heavy. He could hardly be a size 5?

Is the top bit if the nappy folding down a bit once it's on?

What weight is he?

I have no idea of his weight? :confused: he was 20lbs at 4 months :eek: his weight and height were 96th percentile.

I think he is very heavy (not fat though) ;) he wears 9-12, 12-18 month clothes depending on brand. I would say he is 13kg if not just under as he is just coming out of the baby car seat (in height)

Is the top bit if the nappy folding down a bit once it's on?

No, and I have even tried putting the nappy super tight so the sticky things are meeting.

• Advertisement

LOL maybe I made it up in my head! :D I was sure such a thing existed, or at least used to exist?! Could be wrong, though. :o

Are they pull up things?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,602 ✭✭✭✭kippy

We used Lidl nappies in the past but their more recent ones arent as good. Still better than most.
    Id suggest putting on two nappies or changing in mid night sometime.

Are they pull up things?

Yeah, basically like a big massive pair of plastic knickers, with elastication around the thighs and tummy! Goes on over nappy (or pants for older child) and under PJs.

I'm nearly sure that we had them in our house when my younger siblings were being toilet trained, it's very possible that they're not made anymore though, for whatever reason!

You could first try the size 5... My guy is only a couple kg heavier (15kg) and is in size 6. Failing that you can buy disposable liners that go in the reusable nappies... You could pop one of these in his night nappy and it should give better absorption due to the extra layer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Try the Boots own brand nappies if you haven't. I use them at night and keep one on for 12 hours. My son is also very big for his age and feeds a few times at night still so the nappy would be extremely full in the morning but never leaking or messy. Lidl and Pampers have been fine but have leaked under pressure.

You could first try the size 5... My guy is only a couple kg heavier (15kg) and is in size 6. Failing that you can buy disposable liners that go in the reusable nappies... You could pop one of these in his night nappy and it should give better absorption due to the extra layer.

The disposable liner sounds like a brilliant idea!

I wanted to get him weighed last week with PHN was like he's grand :rolleyes:
    As I was worried he was too heavy for his baby car seat!
    I thought those nappies say 40lbs on them??
    Maybe he's not 13kg as your guy is older? He is 20odd lbs anyway.

livinsane wrote: »
    Try the Boots own brand nappies if you haven't. I use them at night and keep one on for 12 hours. My son is also very big for his age and feeds a few times at night still so the nappy would be extremely full in the morning but never leaking or messy. Lidl and Pampers have been fine but have leaked under pressure.

Which boots ones ?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

I have no idea of his weight? :confused: he was 20lbs at 4 months :eek: his weight and height were 96th percentile.

Weigh yourself on the scales, then weigh yourself holding him and then subtract your weight from your combined weight. :)

If he's leaking then they're full. If they're full you need higher capacity nappies, which usually means going up a size, even if it's only for the nighttime ones.

If they're too big, just use them over the top of the regular ones as an extra measure.

I wanted to get him weighed last week with PHN was like he's grand :rolleyes:
    As I was worried he was too heavy for his baby car seat!
    I thought those nappies say 40lbs on them??
    Maybe he's not 13kg as your guy is older? He is 20odd lbs anyway.

Yea my guys older and he was in 4+ up until only a few months ago... But the weight does even out when they are older... So your guy could be 13kg! My guys weight has slowed down or stayed the same for ages now. I have a load of size 5 spares (I think) so could give u a couple to try... Save you buyin them and not fitting.

• Advertisement

vibe666 wrote: »
    Weigh yourself on the scales, then weigh yourself holding him and then subtract your weight from your combined weight. :)

If he's leaking then they're full. If they're full you need higher capacity nappies, which usually means going up a size, even if it's only for the nighttime ones.

If they're too big, just use them over the top of the regular ones as an extra measure.

Just weighed us, he was around 11-12kg.
    Ok so I will buy some 5s :)

• Registered Users Posts: 557 ✭✭✭shane.

our little guy is 7 months as well and the same thing started happening so we put him into the 5+ nappies for nighttime and they havent leaked once, bigger nappy more soakage supposedly

Yea my guys older and he was in 4+ up until only a few months ago... But the weight does even out when they are older... So your guy could be 13kg! My guys weight has slowed down or stayed the same for ages now. I have a load of size 5 spares (I think) so could give u a couple to try... Save you buyin them and not fitting.

Thanks a mil you are a star :) I have just sent the OH to buy some, as I would love to get it sorted tonight as have work in the morning ;)

I hope his weight slows down as mum gave out to me yesterday saying I am over feeding him?? Even though I just do what anabel karmel book says minus the fruit in the morning :confused:

shane. wrote: »
    our little guy is 7 months as well and the same thing started happening so we put him into the 5+ nappies for nighttime and they havent leaked once, bigger nappy more soakage supposedly

Flip do you think I need 5+?? Not 5?

Thanks a mil you are a star :) I have just sent the OH to buy some, as I would love to get it sorted tonight as have work in the morning ;)

I hope his weight slows down as mum gave out to me yesterday saying I am over feeding him?? Even though I just do what anabel karmel book says minus the fruit in the morning :confused:

But you said yourself, he's big, but not fat? It's just his build!

My boy is long but very skinny, a couple of people have commented that he's too thin, but GP and PHN are completely happy with his weight gain, and actually I think we give him a lot more formula than most babies his age (and he polishes off every meal as well!) It's just his build and metabolism, a lot of my side of the family are tall and skinny. (I fell into the short fat category, unfortunately. :o:( )

Hahaha o my mum was always saying I was over feeding T!!! She still does! Apparently all us kids were skinny babies. And tom was huge! You learn to ignore it. But annoyed me so much. The weight will slow down when he's running around. Fwiw I think chubsters are the cutest!

I just added these in 5+http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00AR9HX7M/ref=rcxsubs_mys2_product_title to my amazon monthly delivery, so should arrive 1st sept :)
    I will try the 5s this week, the 5+ won't go to waste regardless.

Hahaha o my mum was always saying I was over feeding T!!! She still does! Apparently all us kids were skinny babies. And tom was huge! You learn to ignore it. But annoyed me so much. The weight will slow down when he's running around. Fwiw I think chubsters are the cutest!

I totally agree! My boy might be skinny, but even so he has at least seventeen chins - adorable when he's giggling! :D

He only came back from hols so she hadn't seen him, the first thing she said when I rang her was "I hope he hasn't put on more weight!!!!"
    I don't think you can win sometimes :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

Does he need the bottle to go to sleep? Sometimes giving the last liquids half an hour to an hour before bed and changing them after can help. Mine would have done this and used a dodie to get to sleep.

Advertisement