Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nappy leaking at night :(

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Millem, when our fella turned 7 months our PHN told me he should only be getting 3 bottles milk per day. The aptimal tin recommends 3 per day aswell. You could try cutting out a bottle?

Which bottle did you drop? My PHN is useless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Millem wrote: »
    Which bottle did you drop? My PHN is useless

Well we'd give him a bottle when he woke and before bed. And one half way through the day so say 2ish. Depends what time you give him his solids...

Well we'd give him a bottle when he woke and before bed. And one half way through the day so say 2ish. Depends what time you give him his solids...

So he gets bottle and brekie at 7, then 11 bottle 12.30 lunch 3 bottle 5 dinner and 7 bottle.

So he gets bottle and brekie at 7, then 11 bottle 12.30 lunch 3 bottle 5 dinner and 7 bottle.

I think we did something like this: bottle when he woke (8am) then breakfast (9am) or one hour later deoending when he woke. Lunch (12) bottle (2pm), dinner (5.30pm) bottle (7.30pm) bed 8pm.
    This is all an estimate and you should work around what suits you guys. There's no hard way and its flexible. But whatever times you decide I'd keep fairly routine each day.

When you drop the next bottle you need to start giving 2 snacks during the day. Like mid-morning and mid afternoon. Just for example, a bit of avocado. Slice toast. Banana or something.

I think we did something like this: bottle when he woke (8am) then breakfast (9am) or one hour later deoending when he woke. Lunch (12) bottle (2pm), dinner (5.30pm) bottle (7.30pm) bed 8pm.
    This is all an estimate and you should work around what suits you guys. There's no hard way and its flexible. But whatever times you decide I'd keep fairly routine each day.

When you drop the next bottle you need to start giving 2 snacks during the day. Like mid-morning and mid afternoon. Just for example, a bit of avocado. Slice toast. Banana or something.

Ok so say 7bottle and brekie, 11yoghurt
    12.30 savoury lunch eg cottage pie and water, 2 bottle 3, fruit 4.30 tea and water 7 bottle. Do I give water at snack time? Do I still give 5 oz bottles? I thought he needed at least 500ml? 3 bottles would only be 450ml

• Advertisement

sorry, just to clarify We started giving the 2 snacks when we cut the next bottle. Ie, when he was down to 2 bottles. At 7 months he was getting 3 meals and 3 bottles. But we would've been giving 8 oz bottles. If you're giving the aptimal formula the 7 scoops in 210ml of water will give you about 8oz or 240ml of milk.

sorry, just to clarify We started giving the 2 snacks when we cut the next bottle. Ie, when he was down to 2 bottles. At 7 months he was getting 3 meals and 3 bottles. But we would've been giving 8 oz bottles. If you're giving the aptimal formula the 7 scoops in 210ml of water will give you about 8oz or 240ml of milk.

Ok he only gets 20oz per day at the mo. He was taking 7oz bottles x 4 but was leaving milk behind on each feed. I think he prefers 4 @5 oz rather than 3@7oz.

We are back to leaking nappies at night :( today it reached a new level where what look like "crystals" basically fell out of the inside of the nappy on the floor :eek:
    So pampers 5+ now leak at night and aldi 5+ leak at night :( if I change his nappy at midnight it won't leak :(
    He is 28lbs and gets 3 x 7oz bottles and water at lunch and dinner. During the day his nappies are grand except for pampers size 5 (which I have loads of!) but you just need to change them more often.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

We are back to leaking nappies at night :( today it reached a new level where what look like "crystals" basically fell out of the inside of the nappy on the floor :eek:
    So pampers 5+ now leak at night and aldi 5+ leak at night :( if I change his nappy at midnight it won't leak :(
    He is 28lbs and gets 3 x 7oz bottles and water at lunch and dinner. During the day his nappies are grand except for pampers size 5 (which I have loads of!) but you just need to change them more often.

If the crystals are leaking out it's very wet and VERY heavy so the lining tears and the absorbent crystals spill out.
    At 28lbs maybe try the size 6 baby dry?
    You still might have to do a mid night quick in the cot change but that's deco lesser of two evils! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

You could also look into the is disposibe inserts. They are called Flips and are sold by a company called BabaMe. It's a uk site but they are based just outside newry so really fast delivery.

We have a very heavy wetter but we use cloth. we were on holidays and used the flips so we didn't have to wash. 2 of them in a wrap didn't leak so I'd say one of them in your nappy would work great. You could also maybe cut in half and just place in the front of the nappy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭emer_b

If changing him without waking him works why not just go with that?
    We had to do that for a few months when our daughter was 18-24months. Just a quick change before I went to bed and no more leaking. If he's a heavy wetter, no amount of nappies will be good enough.
    We cut out the bottles last month and don't need to change her during the night anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If I change him in his sleep at say 10/11 he will be dry in the morning. (I don't want to do this).

Why won't you do this for him? How long does it take...a minute....for him to have a comfortable sleep?

Top Ten wrote: »
    Why won't you do this for him? How long does it take...a minute....for him to have a comfortable sleep?

Because it wakes him up and he then finds it hard to settle back to sleep.

Because it wakes him up and he then finds it hard to settle back to sleep.

I'd defo agree... No way would I wake him to change his nappy. I would only do it if he was able to sleep through it or if he was able to settle straight back to sleep which he obviously doesn't. Try the inserts Hun... Or perhaps the 6+ as they are more absorbant than the 6s.

I'd defo agree... No way would I wake him to change his nappy. I would only do it if he was able to sleep through it or if he was able to settle straight back to sleep which he obviously doesn't. Try the inserts Hun... Or perhaps the 6+ as they are more absorbant than the 6s.

We had a dry night with aldi 5+ last night (surprisingly)so I bought aldi size 6 for tonight (fingers crossed!). I have sooo many pampers left so I will only use them for during the day. I will defo get the inserts if this fails. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

I got nappy covers (like the outer waterproof layer of reusable nappies) so when they were leaking i would stick that on over the nappy. Worked a treat and saved his clothes and sheet.
    I find the leaks happen when in betweeen sizes . But it only happened for a week or 2 max them the bigger size would fit more comfortably.

Hope something works. I hate thinking they are lying there covered in wee.

Suucee wrote: »
    I got nappy covers (like the outer waterproof layer of reusable nappies) so when they were leaking i would stick that on over the nappy. Worked a treat and saved his clothes and sheet.
    I find the leaks happen when in betweeen sizes . But it only happened for a week or 2 max them the bigger size would fit more comfortably.

Hope something works. I hate thinking they are lying there covered in wee.

Suucee could you post me a link please? He woke up damp again :( not soaking but a smidge damp where his vest fastens :(

You can get those wraps on Baba me as well. Blueberry wraps are good! I'd avoid little lamb or econobum.

Wraps http://www.babame.com/index.php/cloth-nappies/two-piece-fitted-nappies-and-wraps.html

Disposable inserts http://www.babame.com/index.php/flip-disposable-inserts.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I think i saw those nappy covers in boots the other day!

Hope you find something that works, it's annoying when poor babba is soaked every morning :(

They sell tots bots cloth nappies in boots :) I've seen the night ones there too!

• Advertisement

They sell tots bots cloth nappies in boots :) I've seen the night ones there too!

Here they are! Do you know from this what would I need to order?
    http://www.boots.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/CatalogSearchResultView?No=0&st=brand&brandId=2268&catalogId=19051&langId=-1&storeId=10552&Ns=P_PRICE

The price of them. i bought mine on ebay. Cant find the ones i bought (was over 2 years ago, and now using for no 2 when needed)

these are similar

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=reusable+nappy+cover&_sacat=0

The only wrap on that boots page is a white one for 11 euro. But it says only up to 20lbs. That seems very small to me. Most have poppers in the front so you can make them bigger or smaller as you want.

I use this brand, and although more expensive, cheaper ones can rub and damage your baby's legs or the elastics can wear very fast. I personally wouldn't be buying cheap ones, but your just looking for 1 or 2 where I have 6. Plus about 50 day nappies!

http://www.babame.com/index.php/cloth-nappies/two-piece-fitted-nappies-and-wraps/blueberry-coveralls.html

Flip wraps are also good ( irish website) http://www.earthmother.ie/products/Best-Bottom-Cloth-Nappy-Wrap-Hedgehog.html

You can use as a wrap or put the disposable liners in them ( or cotton)
    Ps. You have to tuck them right into the knicker line to avoid rubbing

The price of them. i bought mine on ebay. Cant find the ones i bought (was over 2 years ago, and now using for no 2 when needed)

these are similar

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2050601.m570.l1313&_nkw=reusable+nappy+cover&_sacat=0

Did you buy from china?

The only wrap on that boots page is a white one for 11 euro. But it says only up to 20lbs. That seems very small to me. Most have poppers in the front so you can make them bigger or smaller as you want.

I use this brand, and although more expensive, cheaper ones can rub and damage your baby's legs or the elastics can wear very fast. I personally wouldn't be buying cheap ones, but your just looking for 1 or 2 where I have 6. Plus about 50 day nappies!

http://www.babame.com/index.php/cloth-nappies/two-piece-fitted-nappies-and-wraps/blueberry-coveralls.html

Flip wraps are also good ( irish website) http://www.earthmother.ie/products/Best-Bottom-Cloth-Nappy-Wrap-Hedgehog.html

You can use as a wrap or put the disposable liners in them ( or cotton)
    Ps. You have to tuck them right into the knicker line to avoid rubbing

Sorry I am so clueless on reusable nappies.... Basically you put in a liner thing (that u flush down the loo afterwards) into the cover but the cover stays clean? Or do I wash the cover each time so then I would need a few even though I use it only for night time?

Did you buy from china?

I cant actually remember but very possible. ive bought from china via ebay a few times no issues.
    i dont use them as reusable nappies. i put on the ordinary disposable nappy and put this on over it then his usual clothes. the ones i bought were very cheap and i had no issues using them on either of the kids but as i said i put it on over the ordinary pampers nappies. it just saves there clothes and sheet getting wet.

i only needed to wash if it had gotten wet. i only every need to use them when in between sizes. i have 2 of the ones with poppers so always had one clean.

Sorry the disposable liners are big and puffy like inside a nappy. Your not really supposed to flush even the thin liners (that catch poop on cloth nappies ) with our drain system.

I'd suggest to you, buying 2 wraps, either flip, china, or blueberry. Also buying some flip disposable inserts.

You can cut the disposable insert into 3 (they don't contain any chemicals as far as I know) and place it in the front of your boys nappy for some extra absorbency.

Then use the wrap over it at night to stop his clothes getting wet if it does leak.

You can just wipe the wrap out with a baby wipe as long as there is no poop on them, and throw them in the wash every once ina while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭73trix

these are similar

Just skimming this thread. Are these covers for over regular disposable nappies that leak and reusable? Have sake prob but think the boy is the n between size 2 and 3.

• Advertisement

The covers are for over cloth nappies or old school pre folds. But work as a waterproof layer so would help stop leaks on regular nappies

Advertisement