Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nappy leaking at night :(

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

The only wrap on that boots page is a white one for 11 euro. But it says only up to 20lbs. That seems very small to me. Most have poppers in the front so you can make them bigger or smaller as you want.

I use this brand, and although more expensive, cheaper ones can rub and damage your baby's legs or the elastics can wear very fast. I personally wouldn't be buying cheap ones, but your just looking for 1 or 2 where I have 6. Plus about 50 day nappies!

http://www.babame.com/index.php/cloth-nappies/two-piece-fitted-nappies-and-wraps/blueberry-coveralls.html

Flip wraps are also good ( irish website) http://www.earthmother.ie/products/Best-Bottom-Cloth-Nappy-Wrap-Hedgehog.html

You can use as a wrap or put the disposable liners in them ( or cotton)
    Ps. You have to tuck them right into the knicker line to avoid rubbing

Desperate times call for desperate measures, I am ordering them today. I can't wait for ebay. I have been up since 4 as his nappy leaked and then I had to change and he is taking ages to go back to sleep :(

Just to update I tried the cloth nappies and they were a disaster! The baby woke up at 3am saturated :eek: I even added a hemp layer to it!
    I also tried biodegradable nappies "beaming baby" which in fairness kept him dry till 5.30am.

I have now resigned myself to changing him at around 10pm, it's not ideal as it can wake him up but otherwise he will wake up wet during the night anyway.

I am not going to double nappy either with a nappy cover or a disposable as it would basically hold a seriously full nappy onto to his and he could get nappy rash etc (which he has never had yet!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Rose35

Had this problem until I tried the ALDI Nappies, they are fantastic for night time. Using the pampers during the day
    as they are less bulky. Only wish I had tried them sooner not two years later

Rose35 wrote: »
    Had this problem until I tried the ALDI Nappies, they are fantastic for night time. Using the pampers during the day
    as they are less bulky. Only wish I had tried them sooner not two years later

Aldi are brill, they used to do the trick for me but not even an aldi size 6 will do the job :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Maybe you do need to cut back on the fluids at night (dunno how much he's getting obviously, but could be part of the problem.) up the fluids during the day and then reduce towards bedtime maybe?

Size 6 is crazy for a 10 months old (just thinking of the cost :eek:) - hope you do find a solution! :o

• Advertisement

galah wrote: »
    Maybe you do need to cut back on the fluids at night (dunno how much he's getting obviously, but could be part of the problem.) up the fluids during the day and then reduce towards bedtime maybe?

Size 6 is crazy for a 10 months old (just thinking of the cost :eek:) - hope you do find a solution! :o

He only gets 3 x 7oz bottles per day and would only drink 2 x 1oz at lunch and dinner (one at 7.30am, 11isham, water at lunch, water at dinner and a bottle at 7pm). He is big for his age and at 9 month check he weighed 28lbs :eek: and was 99th percentile for everything!!
    During the day he is really in a 5+, I am currently using up my size 5s as they are getting to be a tight squeeze!! It always amazes me when I hear people telling me they never even got to a size 6 with their babies!!

I am hearing from parents though it seems to be common enough! I am hoping when he is 1 and I reduce his night bottle to 5oz it will help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

We were having the same problem recently so I switched the evening feeds and started giving him his bottle at 6 and his dinner at 7 instead of the other way around and we haven't had a problem since. The extra hour between the bottle and bed gives him enough time for the milk to pass through.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Millem wrote: »
    He only gets 3 x 7oz bottles per day and would only drink 2 x 1oz at lunch and dinner (one at 7.30am, 11isham, water at lunch, water at dinner and a bottle at 7pm). He is big for his age and at 9 month check he weighed 28lbs :eek: and was 99th percentile for everything!!
    During the day he is really in a 5+, I am currently using up my size 5s as they are getting to be a tight squeeze!! It always amazes me when I hear people telling me they never even got to a size 6 with their babies!!

I am hearing from parents though it seems to be common enough! I am hoping when he is 1 and I reduce his night bottle to 5oz it will help?

My 2.5yr old was so skinny we only ever got to 5's before potty training and even at that she wasnt in them long.

My chunky 8 month old is in 4+ though so i totally get where you are coming from. its funny as i can still remember when toddler was in 4+ too

On a side note does anyone have the problem with baba poo'ing in the early hours. most mornings baba poo's around 6 am, sometimes wakes with it, other times we have no idea until we go get him at 7/7.30, its leading to a sore bum. Anyone else have this, im hoping its just teething related and will pass, but when he seems to be constantly teething (has 6 teeth at the mo)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

Yeah maybe switch dinner n bottle around, see if that works! It's just horrible when they are soaked :(

Our 3 year old is in size 5s for the night, but he's just long n skinny (about 15 kg) :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Suucee wrote: »
    My 2.5yr old was so skinny we only ever got to 5's before potty training and even at that she wasnt in them long.

My chunky 8 month old is in 4+ though so i totally get where you are coming from. its funny as i can still remember when toddler was in 4+ too

On a side note does anyone have the problem with baba poo'ing in the early hours. most mornings baba poo's around 6 am, sometimes wakes with it, other times we have no idea until we go get him at 7/7.30, its leading to a sore bum. Anyone else have this, im hoping its just teething related and will pass, but when he seems to be constantly teething (has 6 teeth at the mo)

Suucee, L wakes up anytime between 7-7.45 with a massive poo! And again after her midday nap. Like absolute clockwork! Now I don't know if she wakes up and then has her poo or what... But each time we go in to her she stinks to high heaven! Lol. But she seems happy and she doesn't have a sore bum so I'm guessing she wakes and then does her poo. Sometimes tho her poo wakes her from her nap (I think!) lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Suucee, L wakes up anytime between 7-7.45 with a massive poo! And again after her midday nap. Like absolute clockwork! Now I don't know if she wakes up and then has her poo or what... But each time we go in to her she stinks to high heaven! Lol. But she seems happy and she doesn't have a sore bum so I'm guessing she wakes and then does her poo. Sometimes tho her poo wakes her from her nap (I think!) lol.

This made me laugh. Baby Merkin poos about four times a day but he's a great little fellow because I know instantly when he does one. He likes to do it sitting up, he grunts like he's pushing out a gargantuan log and then let's out a prolonged and self satisfied sigh on completion, it's hilarious. :) Great for me though as it means I can get him changed right away!!

Re the leaking nappies, he was wet twice last week so I changed him up to Pampers Size 4 Baby Dry from 3 and it's made all the difference so perhaps try that OP.

Merkin wrote: »
    This made me laugh. Baby Merkin poos about four times a day but he's a great little fellow because I know instantly when he does one. He likes to do it sitting up, he grunts like he's pushing out a gargantuan log and then let's out a prolonged and self satisfied sigh on completion, it's hilarious. :) Great for me though as it means I can get him changed right away!!

Hahahahahahahaha.... Sitting here in shopping centre feeding L... I think the person next to me thinks I'm a weirdo as I just cracked up laughing reading that.

Just to update.....he is now in a pampers baby dry 6+ and aldi size 6. Since starting this thread I have been changing his nappy in his sleep just before I go to bed. (Say 10/11) this used to do the trick but for the last week he has leaked :eek::eek: He only had 2 bottles yesterday and his beakers of water.

The only nappies I haven't tried are a pampers active fit but they only go to a size 6. I am going to try and buy some today.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Just to update.....he is now in a pampers baby dry 6+ and aldi size 6. Since starting this thread I have been changing his nappy in his sleep just before I go to bed. (Say 10/11) this used to do the trick but for the last week he has leaked :eek::eek: He only had 2 bottles yesterday and his beakers of water.

The only nappies I haven't tried are a pampers active fit but they only go to a size 6. I am going to try and buy some today.

I bought active fit last month as they were the only ones on offer and I wouldn't be mad about them. They seem to be soaked through much quicker than pampers. Poor lil guy... Must be like carrying a bag of cement around :(

yellow hen wrote: »
    I bought active fit last month as they were the only ones on offer and I wouldn't be mad about them. They seem to be soaked through much quicker than pampers. Poor lil guy... Must be like carrying a bag of cement around :(

:( I am literally on my way out to get them.
    We are so lucky he has never had a nappy rash. Would you say they are a bigger fit?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

:( I am literally on my way out to get them.
    We are so lucky he has never had a nappy rash. Would you say they are a bigger fit?

Yes thinner and bigger. Worth a try. Every baby is different so they might suit your guy.

yellow hen wrote: »
    Yes thinner and bigger. Worth a try. Every baby is different so they might suit your guy.

I have had him in tesco 6+ (they are brand new) today which are thinner and bigger but I wouldn't trust them for night time. I feel so sorry for him as it is waking him up at 6am :(

Just back and am empty handed :( I went to 2 boots and 1 dunnes and none had size 6 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Julo12

Just back and am empty handed :( I went to 2 boots and 1 dunnes and none had size 6 :(
    We use active fit during day and baby dry at night. Any time hubby has mixed up the nappies and put on an active fit before bed it's leaked.. I don't think they're as absorbent.. It could be a better fit for your guy but that's been my experience.
    6+ already??! What do you do for next size up or do you have to go to pull ups? Just afraid my 2nd girl could be the same as she's in 3+ already at 6 mths. My almost 3 yr old wears 6+ at night time and they still seem ok for her!

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭Xdancer

You could try putting 2 nappies on at night. It might be a little bulky, but tends to prevent leaking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

Have a feeling SUper value had pampers on deal the other day. If I remember they only had larger sizes left in Clane, as I was looking for 5's for our holidays.

Millem, did you try putting the disposable liners inside a pampers baby dry? Might give more absorbency?

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Millem, did you try putting the disposable liners inside a pampers baby dry? Might give more absorbency?

Yes :( I got a roll of disposable ones when I did my trial of reusable nappies.

Whats the biggest size ? 6+ im assuming.
    My guy is only 13 mnths and in 5 & 5+. Kind of afraid when this starts.
    Millem have you tried just putting the outer shell of a reusable nappy on him. We went through a phase of doing that with my daughter when she was between sizes and leaking at night. Wokred a treat. Just prevented leaks . . How did u find the reusables. Ive heard so many people lately talking about them but i duno dont think it would be for me. But what happens when you have a bigger baby? Do pull ups even come in bigger sizes. My daughters pull ups were the same size as my sons nappys (a size 4 at the time) when we were potty training. But shes very petite. .

Suucee wrote: »
    Whats the biggest size ? 6+ im assuming.
    My guy is only 13 mnths and in 5 & 5+. Kind of afraid when this starts.
    Millem have you tried just putting the outer shell of a reusable nappy on him. We went through a phase of doing that with my daughter when she was between sizes and leaking at night. Wokred a treat. Just prevented leaks . . How did u find the reusables. Ive heard so many people lately talking about them but i duno dont think it would be for me. But what happens when you have a bigger baby? Do pull ups even come in bigger sizes. My daughters pull ups were the same size as my sons nappys (a size 4 at the time) when we were potty training. But shes very petite. .

The reuseables were a major disaster!! I am so glad I did a trial before buying them! If you interested in them get in contact with "earthmother.ie" she is fab and a fountain of knowledge!! I used bumgenius.
    No I am not putting a nappy over or a reusable over his nappy (on advice from eathmother).
    I might order a box of biodegradable "beaming baby" disposables off her.

Size 6+ is the biggest :eek: I found a nappy grand that goes up to a size 7 on Amazon lol
    Hopefully we will be toilet training at 2!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

We used reusables on our first and found them good.
    Number 2 is 17 months and in size 6. Used disposable on him. Normally aldi or tesco own but also subscribe to Amazon for pampers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

The reuseables were a major disaster!! I am so glad I did a trial before buying them! If you interested in them get in contact with "earthmother.ie" she is fab and a fountain of knowledge!! I used bumgenius.
    No I am not putting a nappy over or a reusable over his nappy (on advice from eathmother).
    I might order a box of biodegradable "beaming baby" disposables off her.

Size 6+ is the biggest :eek: I found a nappy grand that goes up to a size 7 on Amazon lol
    Hopefully we will be toilet training at 2!!!

This might sound like a silly question but is there any chance the nappies you are using are actually too big? If the leg holes aren't snug there are more leaks I find......

This might sound like a silly question but is there any chance the nappies you are using are actually too big? If the leg holes aren't snug there are more leaks I find......

No the leaks are not at the legs they are at his tummy.

Funny you mention this... As with my lad (when he was a lot smaller), I always found going down a size stopped the leaks!

However, I think Millems problem is that the nappy is literally bursting with wet. I.e. They are just not absorbent enough.

• Advertisement

Millem wrote:
    The reuseables were a major disaster!! I am so glad I did a trial before buying them! If you interested in them get in contact with "earthmother.ie" she is fab and a fountain of knowledge!! I used bumgenius. No I am not putting a nappy over or a reusable over his nappy (on advice from eathmother). I might order a box of biodegradable "beaming baby" disposables off her.

Oh im not really considering it. Too much washing for me. Just heard so many talking about it lately. Ilwhy did earthmother advice against putting the cover the disposable. I just used the outer waterproof part. Just curious as to why as i done it with my daughter buy dont want to be doing it again if there is a reason i shouldnt be.
    I imagine its very uncomfortable for your lil guy if they are getting so full hope you figure something out keep us posted .

Advertisement