Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nappy leaking at night :(

Options
1235»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Suucee wrote: »
    Oh im not really considering it. Too much washing for me. Just heard so many talking about it lately. Ilwhy did earthmother advice against putting the cover the disposable. I just used the outer waterproof part. Just curious as to why as i done it with my daughter buy dont want to be doing it again if there is a reason i shouldnt be.
    I imagine its very uncomfortable for your lil guy if they are getting so full hope you figure something out keep us posted .

Suucee I think it might be to do with the bursting wet nappy being held against the skin. Putting 2 nappies on or a cover, may prevent leaks but won't be good for the skin as the nappy obviously needs changing if it's completely soaked. I think that's the reason anyway?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Suucee I think it might be to do with the bursting wet nappy being held against the skin. Putting 2 nappies on or a cover, may prevent leaks but won't be good for the skin as the nappy obviously needs changing if it's completely soaked. I think that's the reason anyway?

Sligo you are right! That's why earthmother said not to put a cover or double nappy.

Sligo1 wrote: »
    Funny you mention this... As with my lad (when he was a lot smaller), I always found going down a size stopped the leaks!

However, I think Millems problem is that the nappy is literally bursting with wet. I.e. They are just not absorbent enough.

Nappy is literally bursting!!! If I use a smaller size they barely close, leave red marks and will have "crystals" coming out of them in the morning!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭dori_dormer

You said you got disposable liners on a roll? What brand? Liners are only thin things like tissue paper for catching poop in cloth nappies. I thought you were going for disposable inserts to boost absorbency? Could be wrong tho - all the lingo can be confusing!

You said you got disposable liners on a roll? What brand? Liners are only thin things like tissue paper for catching poop in cloth nappies. I thought you were going for disposable inserts to boost absorbency? Could be wrong tho - all the lingo can be confusing!

Sorry I tried loads of different inserts even hemp ones that apparently are meant to be the best for absorbency. A lady in work suggested putting a "tena" pad over his Belly at the top of his nappy. She had the same problem with her son

• Advertisement

Wow I can't believe even hemp dint work. Have you tried charcoal too? How big is your boy? I got a pile of bamboo night nappies and wraps for free. You could try some if you haven't already!

Wow I can't believe even hemp dint work. Have you tried charcoal too? How big is your boy? I got a pile of bamboo night nappies and wraps for free. You could try some if you haven't already!

We had a dry night last night!!!

Thanks dori, I don't know if I tried charcoal. Earthmother gave me a huge big box with pretty much every kind of everything!! I even doubled up on inserts! I think my problem is that he sleeps on his belly! Because when he wakes his nappy is soaking up to his belly. I think I need to put something up higher?? Or get a higher nappy??? I have a feeling the beaming baby nappies were high in the largest size (size 6).

Yay!

Just had a peak at her website there, don't know if she sells this style

These are them anyway if you change your mind and need to give them a go just pm me

http://www.littlelambnappies.com/nappies/bamboo-nappy

Advertisement