Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nokia 800 & Skype

• 24-08-2014 9:30am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭

I have a Nokia 800 and Skype stopped connecting. I deleted it and tried to reinstall but the app is no longer on the marketplace. Can anyone help me here with what's going on? I live on Skype !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

caycro wrote: »
    I have a Nokia 800 and Skype stopped connecting. I deleted it and tried to reinstall but the app is no longer on the marketplace. Can anyone help me here with what's going on? I live on Skype !!

Microsoft have ended support for Skype on Windows Phone 7. (including WP 7.5 and WP 7.8).

If you have a paid account or subscription and only use Skype on windows phone 7.x, you can apply for a refund of your current balance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Thanks for the info Fingleberries, disappointed, it's my most used app.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Time to upgrade. That phone is old now. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 355 ✭✭WeHaveToGoBack

As other users have said, Microsoft have stopped supporting Skype on Windows Phone 7.

Any new Windows Phone will support it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 261 ✭✭caycro

Time to upgrade. That phone is old now. :)

With my phone upgrade history it's almost new at two years old.....had my previous phone, a blackberry pearl, for 8 years !! (And I still use it when abroad!!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,393 ✭✭✭Fingleberries

Unfortunately because Windows Phone 7.x itself was end of life (no longer supported), it probably didn't make much business sense for Microsoft to undertake the significant work they needed to support new features and bug fixes on the Skype client on that OS.

It works great on Windows Phone 8.x, and can be closely integrated in Windows Phone 8.1 and later so you can switch from a regular call to a Skype call (mid-call) if you both have Skype and Windows Phone 8.1.

Advertisement