Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My trip to Apulia in Italy

• 24-08-2014 11:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi everyone,

just back from Apulia, a nice italian region that I am happy to speak about. I am italian and I love to advertising thias cute region in south of Italy. I live in Dublin from 2002.
    Last July I flight from Dublin to Brindisi. I booked a B&B placed in Manduria, a nice city famous for the Primitivo wine. I decided to start from here just because the b&B were i was offered to me a great service: for only 35 eur they pick up me in the aeroport and give me a car to use for 24 hours. I beleive it was very good deal. Arrive in a new country and have somebody there to pick up you is very very confortable. B&B is called Abitazione Sandra, their web page is bb-manduria.com
    I spent 3 days in manduria, i went to see the Wine Museum, the Messapico Museo and one day I spent in the beach (it is only 10 km from the village). Brach in Apulia are free and the sea is very very nice.
    From Manduria than I movie to Gallipoli, another nice village, more in the heart of a subregion called Salento. Gallipoli is more for yang people, with a lot of disco and night life. Over there I was ina b&B called La Terrazza.

In Apulia people are very nice, price are very good, you can eat pizza for 5 eur and a nice pasta for 6-7 euro. Fish is always fresh, they do not like a lot frozen food.
    In August price are a little bit more expensive. For me the best time to go is may, june or sept, less people and everything is cheaper.

Hope that can help you to choose Apulia per your holiday, I beleive is a very nice place everyone should see at least once in the life.

Ciao

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,476 ✭✭✭ardmacha

Not enough Irish people go to Apulia, IMHO. Places like Trani and Lecce are lovely and the food is good and inexpensive. Perhaps a bit hot in summer though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Board1976

That's true Ardmacha,

most of irish go to Spain or North Italy. It is a pity. I am glad this year I saw in the Dublin Bus some advertising about Apulia.
    I really suggest to everyone to go there, it's really nice and cheap.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭catrat12

Is there nice beaches I was thinking of going with wife and 8 year daughter would you recommend
    Cheers

Advertisement