Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cracked TV Screen on Delivery

Options
  • 24-08-2014 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭

Hope someone has any insight as to what rights I have or what I should expect as an outcome.

Bought a Panasonic TV from Ibood and when it was delivered there was no marks on the box. Took it out and when we turned it on the interior part of the screen was completely broke and cracked in parts. When I contacted Ibood as I was looking for a replacement and they immediately advised me to go to the manufacturer. My issue is I don't know whether the TV was broken during delivery or from the offset and to be honest it doesn't make any difference to me as I've a broken TV.

I'm going to contact the manufacturer tomorrow but I know they'll probably refer me back to IBood.

Any advice appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Your contract is with ibood not the manufacturer. You need to be strong with them on this. Check out the European consumer centre website for more info on your rights

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

From their website -
    What should I do if my product is defective, damaged or incomplete upon arrival (DOA)?
    It is important to inspect your order for damages or any missing components within 7 days of delivery. If any abnormalities, defects or damage are found report this within 7 days of delivery through My iBOOD. After logging in navigate to "returns and warranty" + "dead on arrival" and follow the on-screen instructions. After 7 working days we can no longer process any dead on arrival reports. The report is then filed under defective goods. This means different terms apply to your claim and therefore a late report may be rejected.

Please note: If a complaint is noted upon delivery and the packaging is visibly damaged when handed to you please refer to "transport damage" instead of "dead on arrival".

After the dead on arrival (DOA) report you will receive an E-mail containing instructions for returning the product. This means you may have to directly contact the manufacturer and/or send the product in for repairs by our repair center.

It is very important you send your report in on time and follow the given instructions exactly for us to process your complaint correctly. The status of your report can be followed in the My iBOOD section of the website. Select "my orders" and "warranty" to check on the status of your claim.

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Ice87

Cheers - that's what I thought and I sent them an email letting them know that my contract is with them but I'll still follow up with the manufacturer and see what they say.

Advertisement