Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Sunderland vs Manchester United - Sunday 24th August, 16:00PM

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Last season, Moyes got better results in both of the matches Utd have played so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,687 ✭✭✭Danger781

rarnes1 wrote: »
    Nice one.

Was a decent enough game

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,336 ✭✭✭Mr.Micro

Van Gaal out anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭double GG

Mata man of the match on NBC?

My lord.... He was awful

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

Motm Cattermole, our motm Blackett. Jones, DDG, Smalling were average, Keane did ok given the circumstances, Welbeck at least tried to make things happen.

All other were humiliatingly pathetic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,001 ✭✭✭recylingbin

A rabble. Shouldn't be drawing with these shower. Will be better once they sign borini though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Utd are in dire dire trouble, 65 million sterling for Di Maria agreed absolute madness, he is worth 40 million tops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,333 ✭✭✭bad2dabone

Manchester United are very disappointing. Need to up their game if they want a European place next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭bluefinger

united move out of the relegation zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Dire match to watch.

Not a bad result for this Utd side to be honest

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

eagle eye wrote: »
    Awful game to watch, I felt Sunderland gave United too much respect. I thought there was 3 points there for the taking if they were a bit more positive.

Sunderland by all means went for it. Other than a goal against the run of play from Man U Sunderland were comfortable and arguably on top for the most part.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,292 ✭✭✭Adamocovic

No urgency, no creativity and no presence. Players looked lost out there. Need to do a lot more work in training. Set pieces were absolutely shocking today. Those corners were dreadful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,843 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Nice one.

Was a decent enough game

?????????

What is this??????

??????!!

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Utd are in dire dire trouble, 65 million sterling for Di Maria agreed absolute madness, he is worth 40 million tops.

Rumoured to be €90 million after add-ons.

• Trilla wrote: »
    ?????????

What is this??????

??????!!
    Let him have it. We can sneer tomorrow :p

I hope :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭edgecutter

So many players today should never ever grace the field for Manchester United again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 483 ✭✭Mr_Red

Nice one.

Was a decent enough game
    If you thought that was a decent game even if you supported Sunderland your standards are low

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,835 ✭✭✭keano25

Absolutely horrendous stuff to watch.

United will struggle all season as long as Cleverley and Fletcher are in midfield. Theirs just no calming presence, or ball maintaing in midfield.

No creativity going forward.

If Moyes was here he would be slaughtered.

Two defenders and two midfielders of world class quality needed before the window closes or its another 6th-10th place dog fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,304 ✭✭✭madcabbage

Well here's hoping Jeff Shreeves asks some schtoopid question to LVG and gets his face ripped off! It's the main reason I brought back the Sky Sports for...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

I actually enjoyed it too... Sunderland are a decent side to watch

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Danger781 wrote: »
    Rumoured to be €90 million after add-ons.

Wow nearly as much as Bale and more than Suarez.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Fescue

United are truly awful right now. I'm sure things will improve but I woulld have expected some signs of their new approach at this stage. Right now it is worse than last year.

Rooney, Van Persie and Mata looks great on paper, in reality they are shadows of their former selves.

Van Persie and/or Rooney's starting spots might be coming under threat at this rate if they don't get the finger out. Welbeck did more in half an hour than they did in their 150 combined minute today.

Gringo180 wrote: »
    Wow nearly as much as Bale and more than Suarez.

http://www.marca.com/2014/08/24/en/football/real_madrid/1408894942.html

The agreement between Real Madrid and Manchester United for the signing of Di María is definitive. 'Los Blancos' will rake in a fixed sum of €75 million plus a further €15 million in variables. He will earn around €8 million a season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Y2KBOS86

Fergie.

Greatest manager ever!!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭OdgeXD

Can't believe people hope that Cleverly might still come good, the boy is totally ****ing worthless. Worst of the worst there today. Given the way we played today and my rockbottom expectations, decent result away from home.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,535 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Geoff Shreeves' questioning is mind-numblingly stupid at times.

Talking to Cattermole - "Going in to today's game, just how aware were you that you were facing a team in transition?"

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

If that's your attempt at logic, you failed.

Nice and pedantic, thanks...but not once did I see Rooney berate, shout, command or give advice to either of his two midfielders. He wasn't even talking to Fletcher, his vice captain about ongoing tactics or how the game was developing into a lumbering shambles.

And I would never associate logic with a Man Utd Forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Fescue wrote: »
    United are truly awful right now. I'm sure things will improve but I woulld have expected some signs of their new approach at this stage. Right now it is worse than last year.

Rooney, Van Persie and Mata looks great on paper, in reality they are shadows of their former selves.

What strikes me is that they don't give a bollox from observing them.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Someone needs to ring the pilot and tell him have the plane on standby!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

Poor poor game but delighted with the result!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭twinex

Remember when Utd had scintillating wing play, a general in midfield and a dogged defence.:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I like how Dwight Yorke always refers to United as "we".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,480 ✭✭✭✭cson

Well if the ballbag doesn't come out in the dressing room after this... :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 831 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

defence is terrible, as a liverpool supporter i know that is where the wheels will fall off for us again this year, ye have a bad defence and no midfield. worrying times at utd.

• Advertisement

Van Gaal reckons Young didn't dive and it was a pen :o

• Love LVG's honesty.

Agree with adox about the injuries. We have been unlucky with our available selection.

• rarnes1 wrote: »
    Van Gaal reckons Young didn't dive and it was a pen :o
    No your not getting it. In fairness to Young he was tackled at pace. The jump is what got him the card and he shouldn't have done that. If he had have ran forward without jumping he would have won the peno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,992 ✭✭✭paulbok

Geoff Shreeves' is mind-numblingly stupid."

Fyp

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    No your not getting it. In fairness to Young he was tackled at pace. The jump is what got him the card and he shouldn't have done that. If he had have ran forward without jumping he would have won the peno.

If my auntie had balls!

He dived, plain and simple

• Advertisement

• rarnes1 wrote: »
    If my auntie had balls!

He dived, plain and simple

Your still not getting it. But I understand why you don't.

That's what LVG has just stated.

Your still not getting it. But I understand why you don't.

Was it a dive or not?

• The warriors return

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Ashley dived because he didn't want to get a knock on the knee. These fellas don't get the decision because they jump out of the tackle. So had he been brave enough and took the hit he could very well have got the penalty.

Of course his reputation could go against him anyway in any situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If it were wickam ye would call it a dive,because it was a dive.

• Neeson wrote: »
    Ashley dived because he didn't want to get a knock on the knee. These fellas don't get the decision because they jump out of the tackle. So had he been brave enough and took the hit he could very well have got the penalty.

Of course his reputation could go against him anyway in any situation.
    Exactly my point. And LVG's also. But sure you know the usual's who wouldn't understand that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Was it a dive or not?

It was not a dive but he was about to be fouled anyway so was entitled to hurl himself through the air.

Or something like that.:D

• It was not a dive but he was about to be fouled anyway so was entitled to hurl himself through the air.

Or something like that.:D
    I can recall Sterling doing the same thing multiple times...but hes not a 'diver' so it's ok for him.

I can recall Sterling doing the same thing multiple times...but hes not a 'diver' so it's ok for him.

ashley Young initiated the contact. You cannot throw yourself into a player and look for a penalty, or at least without using some nuance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Ah so he threw himself on the ground but it wasn't a dive.

Hmmm, did he look for the penalty?

• Advertisement
Advertisement