Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Simon Fun Run (5 miles) - Oct 4th 2014

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,776 ✭✭✭This Fat Girl Runs

Well, I finished and beat my last 5 mile time so I'm chuffed! It's a PB! :D

Found the start really crowded but that did help me keep my pace down so I can't complain really! I ran all the way to the water station, took a short break to get some water then walked ran the hilly stretches after that. I found the last mile really tough, the gradual incline was hard going! But, I made it and ran the last 500m or so to the finish.

Marshaling at the start was awkward, I don't think anyone noticed that there were different 'waves' to start from. I stood at the back of the runners wave and I couldn't even hear the guy on the megaphone so hadn't a clue what was going on. Marshals on the course were brilliant though, great at keeping up the cheering and clapping. That always helps me in a race so thank you, volunteers!!

I'll have a longer race report up on my blog later, just wanted to say it was a great run for me and I really enjoyed it!

Advertisement