Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bicycle "parking" in Tralee

Options
  • 24-08-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭

Hi all, living outside Tralee for the last 8 months or so, but working in town. My fiancé has the car for the next three months so ill be pedalling my way to work and for any errands. I'm looking for any spots in town, including supermarkets, which have locking spaces for bikes, or failing that, a railing to put the chain through. Any info would be really helpful, thanks! :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

scriba wrote: »
    Hi all, living outside Tralee for the last 8 months or so, but working in town. My fiancé has the car for the next three months so ill be pedalling my way to work and for any errands. I'm looking for any spots in town, including supermarkets, which have locking spaces for bikes, or failing that, a railing to put the chain through. Any info would be really helpful, thanks! :)

Will your employer not allow you to put the bike somewhere in the building or in a yard? If not, I suppose it depends on what area of town you're working in.

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Sorry, i should have specified! I can use a store room while at work, it's more for if i want to hang around town after work, pick up a few things etc. Town centre especially (I work on Denny St), but even info on if they have bike stands as far as Manor would be handy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

I'm trying to think of dedicated bike racks, yes in manor, the Library still has one I think, the bus station but other than that I'd have to walk around town & have a look :)
    Aldi beside the bus station have them also

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

scriba wrote: »
    Sorry, i should have specified! I can use a store room while at work, it's more for if i want to hang around town after work, pick up a few things etc. Town centre especially (I work on Denny St), but even info on if they have bike stands as far as Manor would be handy.

There is a bike shelter opposite the small Tesco right next to the fence that separates the new car park (where the old cinema used to be) from the old one. If you look from the bus stop there towards Siamsa Tire you will see it. That's probably as close as you get to the town centre.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Quaderno wrote: »
    There is a bike shelter opposite the small Tesco right next to the fence that separates the new car park (where the old cinema used to be) from the old one. If you look from the bus stop there towards Siamsa Tire you will see it. That's probably as close as you get to the town centre.

that's right, I was trying to think where I had seen a purpose built one in town!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭scriba

Cheers all, much appreciated!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I'm trying to think of dedicated bike racks, yes in manor, the Library still has one I think, the bus station but other than that I'd have to walk around town & have a look :)
    Aldi beside the bus station have them also

Would they not just be provided for customers/patrons of those shops/services though rather than anyone off the street? I supposed they wouldn't be policed though...... What about the inside of the railings running along Day Place near the Dominicans - nice and central? (assuming there are no signs asking not to).

Advertisement