Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPhone 5 Sleep/ wake

• 24-08-2014 3:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭

Hi All
    As well as a battery recall on the iPhone 5 there is now one for the Sleep/wake button now as well. Funny enough mine started to play up in last few weeks, my phone gets both replaced battery and Sleep button.
    This is my second iPhone had to have it replaced within a week because of fault in sleep button, battery was checked in May and didn't meet the rules at the time.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

sleep/wake button recall was before the battery one.

like all these recalls it's only certain batches that are eligible, so unless apple are feeling generous you won't get yours replaced unless it's eligible.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭raytaxi

Eligible for both when i checked, will just go up to apple store in Belfast ans swap out phone, hopefully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

Don't think you get a replacement. Someone said before you get the same device back if you send it back for a recall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

guil wrote: »
    Don't think you get a replacement. Someone said before you get the same device back if you send it back for a recall.

Correct - i had my phone replaced in early August as the sleep/wake was playing up and when i checked it qualified under the replacement program.

I got the same phone back - but they replaced the Sleep/Wake button, Camera and Battery.

Now - after that, i had some issues with my camera, in both photo and video mode. 1 out of 5 times approx when i opened the camera app, half of the screen was purple, and the app would eventually crash.
    I opened a case with Apple online and they agreed to replace the phone.
    You get a 90 day warranty after they replace the sleep/wake etc, so it was worth my while as i now have a "brand new" iphone 5 again.

Advertisement