Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consistency

Options
  • 24-08-2014 3:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭

or lack thereof.

I received a red card in AH for posting 'Cool Story, Bro' along with a quote from a poster than conflicted with his view at the time.

I remember seeing this phrase used in AH a few times in the last few weeks. Sure enough in the last month I found these:
    Cool story brah
    Quazzie wrote: »
    Cool story brah!!!
    DeadHand wrote: »
    Cool story, bro.
    Custardpi wrote: »
    Cool story bro.
    Cool story brah

There is probably a load more. If you're going to enforce a rule, one that is totally redundant in my opinion, at least have some form of consistency. You might not get them all, but at least the majority.

My post was deleted. Why? Would it not be beneficial to leave it there so people can see that it carries such a harsh penalty.

These next two, actually got punished....and they get a yellow? Consistency?
    daithi1970 wrote: »
    cool story, bro
    Cool story bro. Needs more eyes and shi........ Oh.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Are you contesting the infraction? If so - Have you discussed this with the mod who gave you the infraction? (See process chart above for the steps to follow.)

If not, & you wish to discuss modding consistency - start a thread in Feedback.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Are you contesting the infraction? If so - Have you discussed this with the mod who gave you the infraction? (See process chart above for the steps to follow.)

If not, & you wish to discuss modding consistency - start a thread in Feedback.

I have talked to the mod and was told to come here.

Thanks for confirming that. I'll take a look at this for you.

Please note that this DRP will deal with your card only. The actions of others & any sanctions are not relevant to your appeal. You may start a thread in Feedback if you wish. Please note that in a busy forum like AH it is not possible for mods to read every single post. This is where we rely on other posters to report posts that do not conform to the forum charter or site guidelines.

I'll get back to you on your card...

Regarding your card - I propose that this be downgraded to a yellow (warning) & the mod has agreed. Please let me know if this is acceptable to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Alright.

Thanks for your time.

• Advertisement

You are welcome. I will request the change now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement