Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I find landlord?

Options
  • 24-08-2014 3:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭

Hi just hoping someone might be able point me in the right direction. I have the loudest most inconsiderate neighbours and I have asked them numerous times politely to turn the music down a little but its unfortunately made no difference at all.
    I am unsure as to how to find the landlord to ask him to advise them keep it down a bit. I have tried the PRTB but its not registered as rented so I don't know how else to go about this.
    Many Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Apartment or house? If the former, check with the management company. If the latter, check with your own landlord; chances are they'll know who owns the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,969 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

Land Registry search? There is a fee, but might produce the answer..

And then report to Revenue for non registration of PRTB and more than likely taxes aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

And then report to Revenue for non registration of PRTB and more than likely taxes aswell.

How does that help the OP get the assistance of their LL to ask the neighbours to keep it down?

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭bertsmom

Thanks everyone for the replies. I am very grateful. I went for a drive to get away from it but its getting steadily worse. The syco We own this house so have no landlord to ask but thanks for the suggestion. We don't have a management company here unfortunately.
    I don't want to report the landlord as I have no issue with him/her I just would like a bit of peace and a chance to ask them to try and be more considerate.
    Ive had a look at the land registery website and it looks a bit complicated for me so I'll give them a bell on Monday and see what they say.
    I really appreciate the replies thank ye

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Try asking around the neighbourhood, including the local pubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Ask the neighbour at the other side? It'd be odd that no-one on the road doesn't know the original owner.

Advertisement