Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post rods

Options
  • 24-08-2014 4:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭

Selling rods on ebay.

Question is re posting. How does one post them? Will An Post take them and where can one buy cardboard tubes. I'll need to protect them while they're being transported.

To put them up on eBay I need to give people an an estimate of postal costs.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

As I have had rods delivered to me by an Post there should be no problem. But you'll need to package them well. Mine have come in cardboard tubes, heavily shrouded in bubble wrap and tape. A cheaper option may be to use couriors however as any cardboard tubes seem heavy for posting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Mod Reopened at the request of the OP. Cant allow this to venture into selling. Any hint of it and the thread will be closed and mod action taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

Call to any carpet shop and they will give you a cardboard tube for free. Youll also need bubble wrap. An arts and crafts shop might have some or i got mine from a place that deals with couriers.
    Go onto the fastway website and put in your details and they will sort it. Ireland is about €15 for next day delivery i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭FirstIn

.red. wrote: »
    Call to any carpet shop and they will give you a cardboard tube for free. Youll also need bubble wrap. An arts and crafts shop might have some or i got mine from a place that deals with couriers.
    Go onto the fastway website and put in your details and they will sort it. Ireland is about €15 for next day delivery i think.

Thank you. Sounds like the way to go.

Advertisement