Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builders providers

Options
  • 24-08-2014 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi everyone,

Being a blow in for a few years now in carlow i am looking for some advice. In my home town i can go to my local builder providers and get a scoop of sand in the trailer. Is there any providers that do this is carlow. Same with ordering about 30 soap bars. Dont want to have to drive home and back if somewhere local that does this.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bagenal

Are you in Carlow town? I can't say I have ever seen any of the providers in the town stocking those items.
    Kilcarrig Quarries will give you a trailer load of sand though I hear lately they have a €20 minimum charge so the trailer load would be expensive. As for the soap bars you'll have to phone them to ask if the sell less than a bale.
    Kilcarrig Quarries 059 9721617

• Registered Users Posts: 22 duckypoohs

Cheers for that.

Yes in carlow town. I might just drive home to athy so and get the stuff. How far is Killerig quarries from the town? How far from killerig cross?

Sorry just seen its killarig !!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭Bagenal

Kilcarrig have a pit at Powerstown on the old Carlow to Kilkenny road, about half a mile from the motorway junction. The sand there is great for plastering/blocklaying, butters up well and not hungry for cement

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭bulleyes

Heiton buckley for the soap bars. Got a few there last week. I think they only do sand in bags though.

As far as i know the small scoop of sand in a hardware it unque to griffin hawe in athy.

Advertisement