Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

problem with eircom broadband and home phone bill

Options
  • 24-08-2014 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭

I recently signed up for eircom home broadband and phone and also emobile.

An Eircom rep who called to my door had a look at my bills from vodafone and advised me to sign up to eircom and assured me I would save money as there is a discount for the first six months and when adding up my twelve monthly bill I would still save money.

I was paying 35 euro with Vodafone and they were offering the same for 33 euro before I changed over because at the time I had vodafone mobile bill phone. 

This is my second bill from eircom and it was over 54 euro, almost 20 more than I was paying with vodafone. I rang eircom last friday to complain. I changed to save money, not so that I could pay more. I was told I  had an excess download on my broadband for the month causing this high bill and was put on to unlimited instead. My main point is I paid way more than I was paying Vodafone and think this bill is unfair. The rep told me there was nothing she could do about the bill.

I am prepared to cease my account with Eircom immediately if they are unwilling to reduce this bill.

I should have just stayed with Vodafone! The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Apologies for the rant. 

Is there anything than can be done about reducing this bill?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

jobeenfitz wrote: »
    I recently signed up for eircom home broadband and phone and also emobile.

An Eircom rep who called to my door had a look at my bills from vodafone and advised me to sign up to eircom and assured me I would save money as there is a discount for the first six months and when adding up my twelve monthly bill I would still save money.

I was paying 35 euro with Vodafone and they were offering the same for 33 euro before I changed over because at the time I had vodafone mobile bill phone. 

This is my second bill from eircom and it was over 54 euro, almost 20 more than I was paying with vodafone. I rang eircom last friday to complain. I changed to save money, not so that I could pay more. I was told I  had an excess download on my broadband for the month causing this high bill and was put on to unlimited instead. My main point is I paid way more than I was paying Vodafone and think this bill is unfair. The rep told me there was nothing she could do about the bill.

I am prepared to cease my account with Eircom immediately if they are unwilling to reduce this bill.

I should have just stayed with Vodafone! The grass is not always greener on the other side.

Apologies for the rant. 

Is there anything than can be done about reducing this bill?

Hi jobeenfitz

I'm sorry to hear of this, the best advice I can offer is to contact eircom accounts and lodge an official complaint on free phone 1901. Once a complaint is lodged it will be investigated in full and you will be contacted within 10 days.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 2,443 ✭✭✭jobeenfitz

Thank you Allen, I'l contact them tomorrow.

No worries jobeenfitz

Al

No worries jobeenfitz

Al
    Alan I have lodged official complaint over 10 days ago and have heard nothing back from eircom.

No worries jobeenfitz

Al
    Alan I have lodged official complaint over 10 days ago and have heard nothing back from eircom.
    Hi jobeenfitz

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will check the current status on your complaint.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

No worries jobeenfitz

Al
    Hi jobeenfitz

Please PM me your eircom account number and I will check the current status on your complaint.

Thanks
    Al
    My account number is <snip>, thanks again Alan.

• Boards.ie Employee Posts: 12,597 ✭✭✭✭✭Boards.ie: Niamh
    Boards.ie Community Manager

Please send your personal information via Private Message.

I eventually got a reply from Eircom today, 2 months after making a complaint. The guy just rang me back to confirm what I had signed up for. Information I already know. This was the only reason he had rang, not to process my complaint. I think this is kinda funny. Anyway I told him I have given up, spent too much time on the phone arguing my point to know avail. The staff I spoke to on the phone two months ago were very polite but just repeating the same lines, again and again. My life is too short to battle these croud "eircom" I will see out my contract and leave.

Advertisement