Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android MicroSD card photos corrupted is it Android or the MicroSD?

Options
  • 24-08-2014 6:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Photos I've taken onto a new microsd card are corrupted, is it the card or the phone?

I got a 32GB microsd card and changed the camera settings to store images on the sd card, nearly all the photos cannot be viewed.

Today I copied everything off the card and attempted a format, the format eventually worked but will this fix my issue or is there a problem with Android?
    actually my phone prompted me to format when I put it back in, even after I formatted it through my PC.

I don't want to loose any more photos.

I'm also looking for a free tool to fix the photos.
    Google has thrown up lots of stuff but nothing reliable.
    And does the card have to be formatted?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

samsung phone?

read this
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/storage/3481659/how-get-files-off-corrupt-sd-card/

Also you have google drive and im sure dropbox, if you turn on auto sync for dropbox and google drive it will automatically upload the pix to your cloud.

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

daytob wrote: »
    samsung phone?

read this
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/storage/3481659/how-get-files-off-corrupt-sd-card/

Also you have google drive and im sure dropbox, if you turn on auto sync for dropbox and google drive it will automatically upload the pix to your cloud.

Sony Xperia M.
    So there is an issue with some Androids and MicroSDs?

I'll have a look at the recovery app thanks.

it could be your sd card. some of them might not be legit ones and as such can cause this. try recovering anyways and set your phone to dropbox all your pictures. if you get stuck let me know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Hi

Would this be the same for my problem

I took some pictures yesterday and they showed in the camera function - in the little gallery box

When I went back into the gallery about 5 minutes later it said "No thumbnail"

I turned the phone off and now they are not even showing as no thumbnail

Can anyone help please

Thanks

Connect the sd card to your pc or laptop. see if there is anything there.
    dont connect through the phone though. take it out and use a micro sd card reader

• Advertisement

daytob wrote: »
    Connect the sd card to your pc or laptop. see if there is anything there.
    dont connect through the phone though. take it out and use a micro sd card reader

Done that and looked in the Camera section and no pictures in there since 25/07/2014, which is correct

Gutted as it was photos from Man City match yesterday and Stoke winning again, is not likely to happen again that soon ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

abarkie wrote: »
    Done that and looked in the Camera section and no pictures in there since 25/07/2014, which is correct

Gutted as it was photos from Man City match yesterday and Stoke winning again, is not likely to happen again that soon ;)

Have you Google Plus on your device by any chance??

By default, photos can be stored there by auto backup function, unless you disabled it.

There should be an assocciated photos app (Labelled "photos" in your app drawer or launcher....pic of it in my launcher top line, attached.

Have you tried looking in your /sdcard/DCIM/Camera folder with a time manager??

That is usually where pics live.

You should see pics there with the default Android File Manager, or get ES, it has pic viewer, etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop

Have you Google Plus on your device by any chance??

By default, photos can be stored there by auto backup function, unless you disabled it.

There should be an assocciated photos app (Labelled "photos" in your app drawer or launcher....pic of it in my launcher top line, attached.

I cannot see Google Plus unless it's linked via gmail

I don't think I have an account
    Have you tried looking in your /sdcard/DCIM/Camera folder with a time manager??

That is usually where pics live.

You should see pics there with the default Android File Manager, or get ES, it has pic viewer, etc.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.estrongs.android.pop

I have looked in the DCIM/Camera folder and cannot see it there, but I don't understand the time manager bit - What is the time manager bit please

Thanks for your help

• Registered Users Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭irishpancake

abarkie wrote: »
    I cannot see Google Plus unless it's linked via gmail

I don't think I have an account

I have looked in the DCIM/Camera folder and cannot see it there, but I don't understand the time manager bit - What is the time manager bit please

Thanks for your help

Sorry, typo on my Tablet, fat fingers, auto correct.....

meant "file manager" :o

me an idiot, time manager, I wish!!

Sorry, DCIM is the normal place, even on digital cameras....

DCIM = Digital Camera IMages...

Unless you have Internal SD card, and an additional external removable Storage, also an SD card, but may show as

/sdcard/external_sd

like some Samsung and other phones....maybe there is a DCIM folder, if your default storage is on the external card??

but as your other photos are in sdcard/DCIM/Camera folder, I don't think so.

Google Plus is available from Play....https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.plus&hl=en

It can be a life-saver for photos, but can also be a plague, with auto-backup.....but there are settings to ensure it acts as you wish.

Perhaps connect your phone via USB to your PC/Laptop, you may find separate drives/folders for external SD and the phone Internal SD. Mount both.

Search for your pics there, both on internal and external.

Also, for future, the Android Gallery app can be a pain, I use Quickpic, much better.....

IMO.

I hope you find your pics, if they are still there.

Sorry, typo on my Tablet, fat fingers, auto correct.....

meant "file manager" :o

me an idiot, time manager, I wish!!

Sorry, DCIM is the normal place, even on digital cameras....

DCIM = Digital Camera IMages...

Unless you have Internal SD card, and an additional external removable Storage, also an SD card, but may show as

/sdcard/external_sd

like some Samsung and other phones....maybe there is a DCIM folder, if your default storage is on the external card??

but as your other photos are in sdcard/DCIM/Camera folder, I don't think so.

Thanks for the explanation

I cannot see any pictures for Saturday in the DCIM folder?

Perhaps connect your phone via USB to your PC/Laptop, you may find separate drives/folders for external SD and the phone Internal SD. Mount both.

Search for your pics there, both on internal and external.

Also, for future, the Android Gallery app can be a pain, I use Quickpic, much better.....

IMO.

How do I mount both please?

I downloaded quickpic and yes it seems much better

I am still hoping but guess I will just have to saviour the memories!

• Advertisement
Advertisement