Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lisloughrey lodge

Options
  • 24-08-2014 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

Going away with the gf the week after this. Been looking at this lodge. Has anyone stayed there? Is it nice? They're doing a special at the min. 2 nights for the price of 3. Would like to take her somewhere in the west for 3 nights if anyone has any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,300 ✭✭✭Gatica

We stayed there as part of a 2 day wedding 4 years ago. It was a really beautiful hotel and the wedding food was lovely. However, they've changed management numerous times and the couple that got married has been back since and commented that standards certainly slipped.
    The fact that they do change management means it may have improved again since then... who know. Try tripadvisor for the most recent reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,442 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I got married there recently. Yes, it went through several management changes through the downturn and was in receivership for a while, but it is all very much settled down now. It was taken over in the last few months by the same people who have spent millions renovating Ashford Castle. Standards have definitely improved as a result, they are putting a lot of investment into it. It's actually being renamed "The Lodge at Ashford".

It's a beautiful place, the grounds are magnificent, if you've nice weather there's lots of nice walks in the area. The food is also top class IMO.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend it, your GF will be highly impressed! Particularly if you request one of the fancier rooms with the large bathtub in the room!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭Tilikum

JoeA3 wrote: »
    I got married there recently. Yes, it went through several management changes through the downturn and was in receivership for a while, but it is all very much settled down now. It was taken over in the last few months by the same people who have spent millions renovating Ashford Castle. Standards have definitely improved as a result, they are putting a lot of investment into it. It's actually being renamed "The Lodge at Ashford".

It's a beautiful place, the grounds are magnificent, if you've nice weather there's lots of nice walks in the area. The food is also top class IMO.

Anyway, I'd highly recommend it, your GF will be highly impressed! Particularly if you request one of the fancier rooms with the large bathtub in the room!

Yeah, we have a suite booked with one of the tubs :)

Thanks you for the advice.

Advertisement