Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

iPad 1 and Rte Player

• 24-08-2014 10:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Is there a way of getting the player to work on an iPad 1.
    I have tried via the safari app and chrome app but no joy.
    It says it requires ios 6 or later but the ipad 1 latest update is only 5.xx

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭The Gardener

As far as I know, RTE Player requires a flash plugin which is not supported on the ipad by Chrome or Safari, there are browsers available in the App Store that support flash. Have you tried using the RTE Player app, not sure how it will work on OS 5 if at all, but could be worth a try.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 505 ✭✭✭construct06

Ya that's the problem the rte player app, or website version within chrome or safari will not work. I might try one of those flash players, any recommendations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 159 ✭✭The Gardener

Sorry, no recommendations as I don't use one myself, but a search for Flash Browser on the App Store throws up a number of apps, some may work with OS 5.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭dloob

I've used one called puffin browser, but I don't know if there is an IOS 5 version.

Advertisement