Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rear view cameras for bicycles!

• 25-08-2014 2:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭

I was wondering is there in Ireland company what makes good quality rear view cams for cyclists?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

I'm not so sure such a thing exists?! I have a gopro clone that's stuck on the back of my saddle for recording, which I guess is "rear view", but not in the sense that I presume you mean!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭kirving

As in, you want a live rear view to a monitor?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

As in, you want a live rear view to a monitor?

Yes. A good quality one to have a good vision in all whether conditions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

http://www.theowl360.com/

Never tried it mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭Cerco

Why not use a mirror or even two.? Strikes that a rear view camera on a bike would be a major distraction.Unless of course if it is purely for recording.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Wasn't there some class of bike helmet with a rear view mirror built into the peak?? Maybe ?

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,839 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Cerco wrote: »
    Why not use a mirror or even two.? Strikes that a rear view camera on a bike would be a major distraction.Unless of course if it is purely for recording.

May not be suitable for narrow bikes like road bikes, also would probably be an accident waiting to happen falling onto one of those if a collision took place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 363 ✭✭Handsandtools

Cerco wrote: »

Mirrors are good for people who loook at them, but did You notice even car drivers didn't use them. :D
    People todey like to look on the screens thats the problem and we need solution.
    These 360 cameras aren't good, hard to see what's on screen in diferent conditions.

Advertisement