Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neighbours have efibre but I can't get it

Options
  • 25-08-2014 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Rang sales today to get efibre. A neighbour 2 doors to the left of me has efibre and a neighbour to the right of me also has efibre. Both have it for a long time.

Eircom sales couldn't tell me if and when I could get it. When I said that I will look for an alternative to the current Eircom broadband I have I was told I could cancel my account.

The sales person didn't seem to care.

Any advice would be welcome.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Stevenson wrote: »
    Rang sales today to get efibre. A neighbour 2 doors to the left of me has efibre and a neighbour to the right of me also has efibre. Both have it for a long time.

Eircom sales couldn't tell me if and when I could get it. When I said that I will look for an alternative to the current Eircom broadband I have I was told I could cancel my account.

The sales person didn't seem to care.

Any advice would be welcome.
    Hi Stevenson

Please PM me your address and I will look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Stevenson

Sent you my details re. broadband but got no reply.

Apologies for the delay Stevenson

I am still awaiting clarification from efibre operations, I'll keep chasing this up and try to obtain more information as soon as possible

Al

At this stage operations should be able to advise as to why I can't get efibre or when it will be available.  This is ridiculous at this stage.  I requested it 18 months ago.  It is a terrible service.

• Advertisement

Alan,

When are you going to get back to me regarding efibre.  This is getting to be a joke at this stage.

I have been trying to see if there is any alternative to efibre in my house but unfortunately there is no alternate that can give me the capacity that I am looking for.  All other providers of efibre do so via the Eircom lines.  From talking to the other providers they do not understand why Eircom will enable a neighbour on one side of me with efibre and 3 doors down with efibre.  They have been enabled for over 2 years.  Eircom have not got back to me with a plan on when I will be able to avail of efibre.

Does anybody know of any alternative so that I can rid myself of such a bad service or can Eircom commit to changing me over?

I have been trying to see if there is any alternative to efibre in my house but unfortunately there is no alternate that can give me the capacity that I am looking for.  All other providers of efibre do so via the Eircom lines.  From talking to the other providers they do not understand why Eircom will enable a neighbour on one side of me with efibre and 3 doors down with efibre.  They have been enabled for over 2 years.  Eircom have not got back to me with a plan on when I will be able to avail of efibre.

Does anybody know of any alternative so that I can rid myself of such a bad service or can Eircom commit to changing me over?
    Hi Stevenson.

I do apologise for the lack of information surrounding efibre availability to your address.

I have discussed this with operations whoi have advised me that your line is not connected to the serving VDSL (fibre) cabinet in your area and unfortunately we eircom will be unable to offer you efibre or an indication of when to expect efibre. I understand this news is very disappointing and I apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks
    Al

Hi Stevenson.

I do apologise for the lack of information surrounding efibre availability to your address.

I have discussed this with operations whoi have advised me that your line is not connected to the serving VDSL (fibre) cabinet in your area and unfortunately we eircom will be unable to offer you efibre or an indication of when to expect efibre. I understand this news is very disappointing and I apologise for the disappointment and inconvenience this may cause.

Thanks
    Al
    Does this mean that I am held to ransom from Eircom as all other fibre providers use the Eircom line.  It is 2 years since the neighbours were connected.  What is required for Eircom to changeover the cabinet connected to my house.

I personally don't consider this acceptable.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭Terrlock

How does thinks like that happen. I can't understand it really.

Does eircom go to a street and as some Joke, say we are going to give fiber to all the houses here except the one in the Middle.... we don't like him so he won't get any.

It must be some kinda joke the like playing on people?

• Advertisement

No apparently I and 2 other houses are using a different cabinet in the same exchange and Eircom couldn't be bothered changing over for 3 houses.  It's like a joke.

No apparently I and 2 other houses are using a different cabinet in the same exchange and Eircom couldn't be bothered changing over for 3 houses.  It's like a joke.
    Hi Stevenson

I'll be unable to offer the infrastructural details on the reasons for this however I do apologise for disappointment and inconvenience

Thanks
    Al

After my last post over a month ago I got a call from sales in Eircom. They asked me if I wanted efibre. I said yes and was then told it wasn't available even though my neighbour has it.

In the end the sales person told me to contact my local TD to get efibre.

What a joke.

Anybody got any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,852 ✭✭✭Steve F

After my last post over a month ago I got a call from sales in Eircom. They asked me if I wanted efibre. I said yes and was then told it wasn't available even though my neighbour has it.

What a joke.

Anybody got any advice?
    One word "Money" Eircom  have bottom lines just like every other business

What a joke.

Anybody got any advice?
    Hi Steve F

Not all lines will be able to get efibre even if in an area where others do, ultimately eircom can't guarantee efibre.

If you would like to PM me your land line number or address I can see if I can establish clarification surrounding the reason for this in your case

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement