Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Posts coming up multiple?

Options
  • 25-08-2014 10:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭

Is there some scenario where user's posts are regularly coming up multiple?

Over the last few weeks, I have a feeling that there have been a greater-than-normal number of cases where a user's posts were duplicated. Not all posters, and not all threads.

Today I notice that in this thread, a mod has issued an on-thread warning to a user about their posts coming up double http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=91889644

But I'm wondering if this may be due to an issue in the boards.ie software, rather than something a partiuclar user is doing.

Has anyone else noticed this? I had a quick look in Site Development but couldn't see a bug-report about it.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,311 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There were a few cases of people using unofficial phone apps that did that.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

The thing that used cause it for me was hitting the back button after posting using the touch site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

I find that people posting from mbb particularly three seems to be part of the issue.

It seems you can post on a very poor connection but not get a page refresh and your browser just keeps on sending the data. I had one open connection once that posted the same post an hour after I thought the connection had dropped and given up (3mbb).

Advertisement