Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAR THIEVES on the prowl

Options
  • 25-08-2014 10:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭

Hi all thought id drop this here may serve useful or may not .

Yesterday at 12.46 pm sitting in my front room I see a strange hand moving about the bonnet on my car outside my living room window.

Only thing that enabled me to see this was my daughter was at something she shouldnt - so when i stood up i could see a car backed right up to the front of my Beammer . At this stage the sill on the drivers door and the grills at the front had already been removed by the car thieves and they were trying to pop the bonnet , I gave chase and they took off so here is the car details that left the scene : -

Make Volvo
    Model S60 T5 2.0
    Colour BLUE (Dark navy)
    Engine Size 2.0L
    Ca\r was imported from the UK.

So if you see this car be warned limerick registered and not reported as stolen . (Yet)

Wish me luck in my hunt lol as im down front grills and door sill strip - thank **** they didn't get her !!! Broad daylight, busy road and they were beavering away like there was no risk whatsoever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭dbit

Update for anyone who gives a damn - Gardai confirmed for me today that the above reg is not listed as stolen, but they are not sure yet if its still registered to its correct owner - They have a report of this car trying the exact same thing 7 days ago in castleisland. (Logged via henry st. garda station)

The lads in the car, only one of them I got a glimpse of, tight cut hair with dirty blonde or mousy brown colour seated in rear of car, two others in the front i could not see.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭daveohdave

Well done for taking action in this, most people wouldn't bother their hole. Where are you, roughly?

Also, how did they get the grille and sill off the car, since these are usually protected by the bonnet / door?

Cork Area , They used some sort of tools to release 12 clasps and not one broken both front grills gone - and the silver bottom of the window strip also removed to allow gap to try pop the door . I was no more than six foot away from them doing it and spotted them nearing the end of the job. Car was elected to be robbed no doubt in my mind.

As i caught them he was working upwards with a screw driver trying to pop the bonnet latch. Alarm only goes off if shes shaken or door opened they didnt get that far. Heavey trucks passing have set off her alarm sys plenty of times and as i sit along side it i check instantly on this occasion no alarm triggered. They were going next for the imobilzer/alarm and then possibly a quick key clone from odb.

Yeah, it's a known problem, but wasn't there a recall for it?

(Obviously Cork, this is the Cork forum, what part of Cork? :-) You don't need to be specific, but it's relevant info for fellow owners. You may want to post this in the Motors forum too, this a very quiet forum. You'll find existing threads on the topic if you search.)

Cheers Macroom village, main road blatant as that really. ( But the local shop , for local people, lol ) The recall only went back to 08 models mine is just out of that date range. You can disable one of the pins in terminal to stop the odb read.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Course that won't stop these dicks dismantling your car to find out. I'd love to see them caught and jailed, but I don't hold much hope. Don't see a lot of reports about caught car thieves.

Yeah the pulse system has this car reg on alert so they had better clone other plates ........ Hopefully they will pass in front of a plate scanning enabled squad car before then.

Advertisement