Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portmagee Hell Mountain Challenge

Options
  • 25-08-2014 11:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,816 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone doing this or have done anything like this before?

Thinking of giving it a go...how fit would one need to be?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

A few people I know did this last year (I'm assuming it's the same thing, haven't seen any posters etc this year). Now some are super fit, no bother to them. The others who had just started on the weightloss journey, might have done a few 5k runs, were able enough for it. They had great fun anyway. Saw the photos on fb after and there was the fast up front competitors and then you had the people doing it for the crack. I thought it looked like a good one to do whatever level your at.
    I was tempted myself last year purely because I thought it wouild be exhilarating getting so muddy and basically throwing caution to the wind!
    When is it on?
    Must go search.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭jimbobtravis

yeah hopefully going myself with a few mates. looks like great craic. just trying to find a place to stay as we will have to drive down friday and return sunday. any idea of where the best place to stay would be? i looked on booking.ie, but would there be any more places in nearby villages or towns? would it be hard to get to portmagee from surrounding villages or towns?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

yeah hopefully going myself with a few mates. looks like great craic. just trying to find a place to stay as we will have to drive down friday and return sunday. any idea of where the best place to stay would be? i looked on booking.ie, but would there be any more places in nearby villages or towns? would it be hard to get to portmagee from surrounding villages or towns?

Cahirciveen is about 10 minutes away.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 ShaneCliff

Did Hell Mountain last year, and am doing it again this year!! Best thing I've ever done. You really don't need to be that fit, I saw 2 70 year old men doing it! Just take your time at the very start, as most people rush off at the very beginning and it gets fairly steep quickly, so you would want to pace yourself and maybe walk a lot of it. The atmosphere is what makes it. There is face painting, and people in costumes everywhere, it really is just fantastic!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Dannycinkerry

Just done hell mountain, great day out. Organisation is top class, no stone left unturned. It's a tough enough course but the comical value will push you threw it. Best thing was the local and community spirit in it all, everyone willing to help and get stuck in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement