Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AI SFC SF Replay Kerry v Mayo 30/08 5pm Mod Warning Post #1 #562

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lads not a discussion on hurling v football

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,250 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

All I can say is I LOVE THIS!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Incredible entertainment. Serious commitment from both teams. Delighted it's extra time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

They need to cut out this racket of a team getting a late free and seeing the opportunity to kill the clock... There was a full minute left when Mayo were awarded that free.. The ref let them waste the whole minute cynically foostering around.... Should be twenty seconds to take the free when the freetaker is in possession of the ball or it's a turnover..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

actually think whichever team wins will beat Dublin (who have beaten very little so far and could come unstuck tomorrow) These two games have been of huge benefit to them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Mayo had the ball inside the box there did they not..? surely should have let him finish that play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭131spanner

Unreal stuff. The heart is going for Mayo, but the head could see Kerry take it.

Great to see the Gaelic grounds packed to the rafters.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

The complete reverse of last week when Mayo had the chance to go 2 points up but missed then Kerry leveled and had the a chance to win it

Incredible stuff again, no one deserves to lose this game.

He might have said beforehand that the free was the last kick of the game. Either way, I'm not complaining!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Amazing hurling from both sides. Except for Ger Cafferkey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

Yeah, there was an entire extra minute in the first half where Kerry scored a point.
    Ball drops to Moran inside the box and he blows the whistle ?!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

Bloody Rte player went down again there. Came back as that free was dropping in. Ref blew the whistle, I thought Kerry won - missed the point beforehand. Lads I'm wrecked!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭davegrohl48

Mayo had the ball inside the box there did they not..? surely should have let him finish that play.
    Yes but he's been tough on us today. Could have let that run given delay for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

They need to cut out this racket of a team getting a late free and seeing the opportunity to kill the clock... There was a full minute left when Mayo were awarded that free.. The ref let them waste the whole minute cynically foostering around.... Should be twenty seconds to take the free when the freetaker is in possession of the ball or it's a turnover..

It's not uncommon for the ball to be in play for only 40 minutes in a football game, didn't notice any "cynical foostering around" tbh, nothing out of the norm anyway.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

I gave up watching the RTE player on my phone, disaster with it dropping the whole time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

Unbelievable entertainment.I'm just bolloxed watching the match.

Should the ref not have let Andy Moran try for a point when the ball broke to him after the Hennellys free.

Yeah he addded on a minute in the first half and kerry was able to get a point out of that extra minute, he should have let the game play on for an extra few seconds moran would be fouled and game over

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

Yes but he's been tough on us today. Could have let that run given delay for free

Wouldn't mind so much, but last week there didn't seem to be a problem letting Kerry finish their play that got them the equalizer even though injury time was well over.
    Still a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

there was only 30 sec left ....and I guess the ref would have added on if Mayo had scored to give Kerry one last chance.

Brilliant effort by both teams - great to hear they were applauded off by everyone.

Mushy wrote: »
    Great block by Donaghy, specially as Mayo lad got hand to it. Pure basketball talent!

The man is a fúckin beast!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

RTE panel being clowns again.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Lyster rearing up on Brolly:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭cnoc

FatRat wrote: »
    RTE panel being clowns again.

That "panel" is an absolute disgrace.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

What happened on RTÉ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

The Dubs must be sitting back and enjoying this. There's nothing to stop them from winning the All Ireland. As Jimmy Magee once said, "Different class".

My nerves are shot and my voice is going.

C'mon Mayo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭Clonmel1000

131spanner wrote: »
    Unreal stuff. The heart is going for Mayo, but the head could see Kerry take it.

Great to see the Gaelic grounds packed to the rafters.

actually the gas thing is that the stadium is far from packed to the rafters. Official attendance is around the 36k mark only.....

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,860 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Here we go again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

The man is a fúckin beast!

He looks a lot heavier to me... Has he put on a lot of muscle or is he just not as fit as he used to be... He seems to have much more of a physical presence now.

The Dubs must be sitting back and enjoying this. There's nothing to stop them from winning the All Ireland. As Jimmy Magee once said, "Different class".

ah cmon harry whoevr wins this game can really put it up to the TEAM that wins tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,194 ✭✭✭FatRat

There is definitely something for Kerry to take from this game win or lose and that is that David Moran has been a revelation the past 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭BrianBoru00

Seriously?

I think they could come unstuck tomorrow and if they dont, these two games have been some preparation for Mayo or Kerry - I ll be backing them at probably 2/1 in the final - don't think Dublin are as good as some people are saying

• Advertisement

My sarcasm detector is going hyper here at your post :) but regardless of that im not so sure there is that much of a gulf between Dublin and the rest. And besides, they have to beat a very rigid and well drilled Donegal first...easier said then done

cnoc wrote: »
    That "panel" is an absolute disgrace.

Entertaining if you ask me - Brolly not bowing to Lyster trying to big up the GAA decision to move this to Limerick

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,665 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Kevin Keane....ffs. why not throw in Barry Morgan on Donaghy....matches up on size anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

actually the gas thing is that the stadium is far from packed to the rafters. Official attendance is around the 36k mark only.....

I'd suspect the official attendance is slightly off reality.

Nice earner for the Limerick County Board.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Looking at the first Kerry peno again, O Donoghue was quick with the high hand in the defender's face, could have been a free out.

Ignoring the sideline kick that was taken the guts of 10 yards away from where it should have been.

Kevin Keane....ffs. why not throw in Barry Morgan on Donaghy....matches up on size anyway

Why stop there? Let's put Conroy on O'Donoghue and Hennelly on Maher while we're at it.

First blood Mayo...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Looking at the first Kerry peno again, O Donoghue was quick with the high hand in the defender's face, could have been a free out.

Ignoring the sideline kick that was taken the guts of 10 yards away from where it should have been.

Saw that, hardly ever going to go against him though.

He looks a lot heavier to me... Has he put on a lot of muscle or is he just not as fit as he used to be... He seems to have much more of a physical presence now.

Alot of muscle. I suppose he doesnt need the athleticism if they give him the right ball

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Marshmallow soft free there

Some very tired legs out there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

Barry John Keane having a bit of nightmare. Two very bad efforts

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,342 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Yet another Soft foul for Kerry. Beyond a joke really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

That was brutal soft

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Ref has given most decisions to Kerry

• Advertisement

robbiezero wrote: »
    Barry John Keane having a bit of nightmare. Two very bad efforts

Kieran O Leary too

good man cormsc reilly protect yor bets at all cost

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Kerry getting all the calls. The free was taken from in front of the posts when he got it out near the sideline almost!

No Mayo men in front of the keeper for that last free, some players would nearly be tempted to go for goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,403 ✭✭✭megadodge

I have to say the ref is giving awful soft frees to Kerry

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement