Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AI SFC SF Replay Kerry v Mayo 30/08 5pm Mod Warning Post #1 #562

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

That was soft...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Referee is terrible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 927 ✭✭✭AngeGal

Ref is beyond a joke at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Ref is on the take.

Ah fúck it Mayo why do you flirt with the idea of turning victory into defeat so much ? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭kupus

another soft free what is oreilly playing at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

I'm heading to conspiracy theories

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

That has to be a yellow for Donaghy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

And another soft free again. Poor refereeing.

I'm only dipping into the thread now lads... So forgive me, there's been 20pages since I left the house earlier.

What happens if it's a draw after ET?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Terrible soft free out for Mayo :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lads, keep the thread on topic - I don't want to be handing out any cards at this stage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

If Mayo lose they will justifiably feel that they were robbed. He has given them so many soft scorable frees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

I'm only dipping into the thread now lads... So forgive me, there's been 20pages since I left the house earlier.

Replay I'm sure.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Replay next weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 9,606 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Ref playing with Kerry

Why was the ref just standing there looking at him hold the ball that wasn't his?

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

terrible decisions from referee to give 2 very bad frees against mayo - huge calls and totally wrong

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I would presume a second replay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Why was the ref just standing there looking at him hold the ball that wasn't his?
    What did you want the ref to do. Elbow drop him?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭vetinari

Gods sake, the ref has really been favoring Kerry in extra time.
    Some key decisions went Kerry's way in normal time as well.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

Donaghy was pulled there, could have been a penalty, but I suppose he gave Kerry a few soft frees, there would have been uproar if he gave it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Thought the ref was decent in full-time but those 2 frees have changed my mind. Donaghy surely could get a yellow for holding onto the ball that long, 20m is useless to Mayo there.

Nib wrote: »

Take control of the situation maybe?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Nib wrote: »
    He is allowing the play to be stopped every time there a free. Bring up the n ball and book donahy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,295 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

vetinari wrote: »
    Gods sake, the ref has really been favoring Kerry in extra time.
    Some key decisions went Kerry's way in normal time as well.

He has been favoring Kerry for the whole 2 matches ,a Mayo player will only get a free if he goes to ground ,otherwise its play on .
    Kerry have been getting away with persistent fouling.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Gal2011

Lads the BJ Keane was possibly soft free but Dec O'Sullivan was fouled. Donaghy was clearly being fouled by K Keane before the ball came as we saw on one replay only. Donaghy is generally consistently fouled in fairness but he well able to look after himself. The ref gave Mayo a chance to win the game with the free to Cillian O'Connor when David Moran was clearly fouled and O'Connor wasn't. Im from neither Mayo or Kerry

He has been favoring Kerry for the whole 2 matches ,a Mayo player will only get a free if he goes to ground ,otherwise its play on .
    Kerry have been getting away with persistent fouling.

Stop will you, He has been poor both ways but he is definitely not against Mayo

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Midfield9

Ref siding with Kerry all day, soft penalty's and frees. Some bottle in that mayo team. Hope they do it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Think Kerry will do it

Lee Keegan wants a free every time he goes on a run and he will lean in on his right shoulder across the person tackliong him. Def a free against Lee Keegan and not a throw ball

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Aidan O Mahony definitely not playacting, real cramp there!

I can see Sheehan scoring a long range free to win it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Midfield9 wrote: »
    Ref siding with Kerry all day, soft penalty's and frees. Some bottle in that mayo team. Hope they do it

Ref has been ok. Mayo can only blame themselves if they don't do it - should be 4/5 points up at HT in ET some terrible wides

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Replay next weekend

And if Dublin and Donegal draw???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

A savage hit on O'Shea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Donaghy kicked away the two balls mayo keeper had behind goal there for kicking out. He'd want to be careful.

Limestone1 wrote: »
    Ref has been ok. Mayo can only blame themselves if they don't do it - should be 4/5 points up at HT in ET some terrible wides

Ref has not been OK, unless you are from Kerry.

Thought that should have been a free for Aidan O Se looks like he made the right decision on the replay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭robbiezero

O leary and keane kicking this game away for Kerry, Moran has been magnificent

Saturday

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Probably be in Parnell Park. A neutral venue.

What a score

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

section of Mayo fans griping about the Ref is tiresome

I note some are so thick they think it's the same ref from last week , it's not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

think that has Kerry through!!!!

One in Croke Park, other back in the Gaelic Grounds maybe - couldn't do a double header, really

Sheehan could have finished it there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

A little daylight now, it's looking good

Another great score

Mayo look out of petrol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,666 ✭✭✭Howjoe1

Mayo come up short yet again.

• Advertisement

Sheehan could have finished it there

Should have - by his standard it was a poor effort, shows he isn't fully fit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement