Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

AI SFC SF Replay Kerry v Mayo 30/08 5pm Mod Warning Post #1 #562

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Good advantage but should've been black carded again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Higgins playing superbly - great block

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭Limerick91

Black card now???

I thought so myself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Higgins is defending really well, but he has to challenge him when the ball is in the air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,395 ✭✭✭megadodge

Black card now???

He didn't drag him to the ground though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,631 ✭✭✭Dirty Dingus McGee

Cafferky has to be taken off Donaghy.Its unbelievable Horan has left him on him up to now.

If Mayo lose it will be no fault of Higgins. He has had a great game. If i was him though id be furious with the players further out the field who allow Kerry to pepper balls into that danger area.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭VanDinkle

aveytare wrote: »
    Higgins is as good a defender I've seen.

He is lucky to be on the pitch there after the last cynical tackle on O Donoghue

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

I'm neutral, but Jaysus this game has my nerves in bits.

The biggest problem for Mayo is midfield. They're being cleaned there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

O Donoghue should really get blown for over carrying more. So dangerous though, Higgins doing well considering.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,246 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

VanDinkle wrote: »
    He is lucky to be on the pitch there after the last cynical tackle on O Donoghue

:pac:

Goal Mayo!!!!

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

F*cksake :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,831 ✭✭✭Peanut Butter Jelly

Hon Mayo!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

This is magnificent stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

How was the game not stopped when Buckley went down there?

Holy god above this is the closest to hurling for drama and intensity that football has probably ever came

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    O Donoghue should really get blown for over carrying more. So dangerous though, Higgins doing well considering.

He does that alot. Also he tries to hand off defenders, also a foul if seen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭CurryFlavoured

Brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭FrKurtFahrt

Maybe its just me, but Tommy Carr is hard work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Thought May number 10 just hit the goalie there, prob a free out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Ref has done a really good job mostly, most would have blown for a foul on the goalie instead of letting the goal

Route 1 football working for Kerry

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭aveytare

Holy god above this is the closest to hurling for drama and intensity that football has probably ever came

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Cafferkey needs to come off but who comes on for him? Kevin Keane's hardly going to do any better.

Andy Moran for Mayo having a great game.

I'd like ET today, engrossing game so far!

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Standard of foot passing from Mayo is superb

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Highflyer13

The heart and desire to win from both sides is incredible. Lads putting their bodies on the line without thought. A great advertisement for the game.

• Advertisement

Safe to say that O'Gara will start at full forward if Mayo meet Kerry in the final again.

:rolleyes:

Not a swipe at football but i just dont think it compares to the small ball game. Only my personal opinion. This is a super game though. Two teams going for it opposed to one team trying to stop the other from playing.

Soft free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Is Tommy Carr blind?
    Donaghy clearly held by the arm

Joke of a free for Kerry!! Defender was excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Ah yeah, hurling is great. About 6 counties take it seriously.

Great game this. Moran has been brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Great score from doherty.Think he has three points scored today

Not a swipe at football but i just dont think it compares to the small ball game. Only my personal opinion. This is a super game though. Two teams going for it opposed to one team trying to stop the other from playing.

Just thought you were exaggerating. The game last week was as good (primarily the second half).

How was that not steps for the Kerry man?

Just thought you were exaggerating. The game last week was as good (primarily the second half).

It was half as good for sure. First half not so much but second half was rip roaring.

• Advertisement

Nib wrote: »
    Ah yeah, hurling is great. About 6 counties take it seriously.

Hurling is far more entertaining than football. Fact ! No matter how many teams take it seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭kala85

Tommy Carr is brutal on commentary

It was half as good for sure. First half not so much but second half was rip roaring.

First 20 minutes of today's match wasn't great either really though it's great stuff atm.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

How much advantage can you give after a foul? Surely after the shot is taken that's it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭glued

Anthony Maher constantly lumping the ball into nowhere. Very wasteful.

Bull****

Idiotic penalty to give away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Molester Stallone II

Took his legs

Holy f*ck :eek:

Yet another twist

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭Limestone1

Red card this time I'd say

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement