Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No signal on saorview tv for RTE1, +1 and Junior.

• 25-08-2014 12:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Anyone know how to solve this? It had been working but just seems to have disappeared? Should I retune the channels?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,268 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I had the exact reverse of this last week. RTE1, +1 & Junior were the only 3 channels I could get. I rescanned but still couldnt get the others. Tried it again the following day and all channels were back.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭AG123

Thanks Muffler. Might give it a go. It's been like this for over a week anyway. Not sure when it started as I rarely use the tv.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Have had the same issue as OP all summer. Have to rescan at least twice a week. On 1 TV I can't get RTE 1 or RTE Junior at all
    annoying seeing as it was working all along.

Maybe they changed something and it's goosed stuff up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Joe Doe

Rescan. Automatic{search}. Fixed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Ongoing loss of channels from one mux or the other will be down to an inadequate signal for that mux at the TV's tuner. Aerial alignment problem, cabling or connections fault.

Occasional loss of channels could be down to high pressure atmospheric conditions, can be reduced or eliminated with a good aerial installation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 JJ Something

Hi, Having the very same problem with RTE 1 and Virgin 1. Can get RTE 2 and all the other terrestrial channels. Have done loads of re-scans but not coming back. Using an Amiko combo box. Any help greatly appreciated as its my mothers tv and she is currently Cocooning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

Hi, Having the very same problem with RTE 1 and Virgin 1. Can get RTE 2 and all the other terrestrial channels ...

If you have RTE2, you should have Virgin 1 as well.

What part of the country are you in?

Cork, Ariel pointed at the spur hill mast.

Are the problem channels showing in the list but with no signal, or have they just disappeared altogether?

Showing in the list but “not signal” when you go to that channel. Signal strength and quality are low or zero as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭travist

Showing in the list but “not signal” when you go to that channel. Signal strength and quality are low or zero as well.

I was/will be again a customer of Satelite.ie and they give great support. They told me following, which may apply.

“ saorview have changed freq , please re scan on ch 34 and 35 mux https://www.saorview.ie/changes/about https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭alta stare

Hi, Having the very same problem with RTE 1 and Virgin 1. Can get RTE 2 and all the other terrestrial channels. Have done loads of re-scans but not coming back. Using an Amiko combo box. Any help greatly appreciated as its my mothers tv and she is currently Cocooning

Re terminate the cable at both ends and see if that works. Sometimes if the braid is perished on the aerial end of the cable it can cause loss of channels. The braid needs to have good contact with the aerials PCB. I recently had to fix this very issue for someone.

Can you see which UHF channel/frequency they're on? In the case of RTE1, its +1, RTE jr., & Virgin 3, it should be ch. 39 (618 MHz). If it's not ch. 39, maybe try deleting them & do a manual scan of that frequency.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Anyone else lose RTE1 last night? All other Saorview channels are good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,303 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

vicwatson wrote: »
    Anyone else lose RTE1 last night? All other Saorview channels are good

Mine is OK from the Clermont Cairn transmitter in Louth. Which transmitter are you receiving? Also if you have lost RTE 1, you should not be getting the other channels on that frequency.

https://www.2rn.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/2RN-DTT-Television-Transmission-Network-Sept-2019-Rev.1.2.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Owen101

travist wrote: »
    I was/will be again a customer of Satelite.ie and they give great support. They told me following, which may apply.

“ saorview have changed freq , please re scan on ch 34 and 35 mux https://www.saorview.ie/changes/about https://www.saorview.ie/en/get/coverage

thank you, that fixed it for me

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Sorry for the thread bump but I seem to be having similar issues on my two TVs with Saorview. Rte 2, Virgin 1, Virgin 2, TG4 have all stopped working. When I tried a rescan on both TVs they disappeared from the channels list altogether. Any ideas on this? Funny thing is Rte 1, Virgin 3, rte1+1, rte2+1 and sky news are all working fine. Rte news now and all the radio stations seem to be gone as well.

Any help would be appreciated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,594 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

You are missing one multiplex (frequency), ie the received signal for that frequency is too low for the TVs to decode and display while the other frequency's signal is good or adequate. The issue could be aerial alignment, damaged cable or a bad connection etc.

What aerial setup have you, indoor or outdoor mounted? How is the signal split to the TVs?

As an easy first step I would check all accessible connections to ensure they are properly made and secure. This can cause issues for one frequency and not the other, it has popped up here in the forum previously.

Also check the signal strength and quality numbers for both frequencies via the TVs own built in signal meters.

DVBT DVBT2 Bitrate Monitoring DTT Ireland Dublin (digitalbitrate.com)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭hooch-85

Thanks for the reply, it's an externally mounted aerial with cabling connected to a booster box in the attic space and from there to TV points in each room. I have a feeling it's the cable going into the booster, we took some boxes out of the attic at the weekend and I noticed the cable was kind of frayed at the end, the black insulation had come off at a certain point, so I'll try cut off the damaged piece and reconnect, will see if that fixes it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭winston_1

NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER rescan when you lose channels. It just wipes the memory so you don't know when the problem is sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement