Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Onkyo HDMI board repair?

• 25-08-2014 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭

Hi,

Have to get my Onkyo TX-NR609 repaired as it has developed a HDMI board problem.

To send to Genserve am getting quoted £50.00 carriage, £72.00 repair and Onkyo will supply the part as a goodwill gesture.

Definitely nowhere in Ireland that can repair for me?

Many thanks
    GW

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 717 ✭✭✭akaSol

Hi,

Have to get my Onkyo TX-NR609 repaired as it has developed a HDMI board problem.

To send to Genserve am getting quoted £50.00 carriage, £72.00 repair and Onkyo will supply the part as a goodwill gesture.

Definitely nowhere in Ireland that can repair for me?

Many thanks
    GW

Thats a cheap repair. The last Onkyo I seen was faulty HDMI on an 8xx, which was £250 excluding shipping and service.
    Sadly Onkyo have the worst track record for HDMI failure...

>Sol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭guerito

Currently having the exact same problem. How old is your unit? HDMI board is a common fault and Onkyo have extended the warranty period if it fails. Put your serial number in on this link and it'll tell you if you're covered http://www.uk.onkyo.com/en/articles/customer-care-program-119261.html (take the last letter off the s/n).

My 509 is two years, five months old and they're covering it.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Hi, probably about the same. The only issue I had was that I bought it off a chap on Ebay. It failed shortly after.

Genserve have told me Onkyo will pay for repair, parts and carriage now!

Chuffed.

• Registered Users Posts: 360 ✭✭georgewickstaff

Couple of weeks lead time, just waiting on the HDMI board to arrive.

Not sure where they order them from but apparently will take 2 weeks to come in, then test and repair. Never realised how bad the speakers on the TV were until i tried to play some tunes this morning.

And to add insult to injury I have noticed some pink banding on the Samsung PS50 tv. Ah FFS!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭emo72

i have an onkyo 607 receiver and it has failed on some of the hdmi outputs. put the details in and it said im not covered. i wonder why. purchased new in 2009

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭Mike Litoris

Awesome, thanks for the link. Mines been acting up for ages. I have to arrange the hdmi lead so it puts pressure on the socket/board for it to work. Seems like a lose connection or something on the hdmi board but hopefully its the same issue and is covered. Bought it in 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,313 ✭✭✭emo72

Awesome, thanks for the link. Mines been acting up for ages. I have to arrange the hdmi lead so it puts pressure on the socket/board for it to work. Seems like a lose connection or something on the hdmi board but hopefully its the same issue and is covered. Bought it in 2010.

did you enter your serial number in? they said there was no recall for mine even though mine has a bad hdmi fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭micosoft

Have an Onkyo 908 that had the failure. Year out of warrenty (four years old) and they collected, repaired and returned free of charge....

• Registered Users Posts: 29 RozDev

Repaired mine myself, following the repair video posted on Utube Quite an easy fix in the end, just need a bit of patience!

Would post the link, but unfortunately as a new user it won't let me post anything??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

there's a 50 post requirement on posting a link - best bet is to post the details and some helpful mod might fix the url for you :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 RozDev

Thanks Micro

Advertisement