Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exporting meat products

Options
  • 25-08-2014 12:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

I am in need of a bit of advice. If you were interested in exporting an animal product from Ireland, raw meat essentially, where would you get the refrigerated boxes from? I've googled a bit but the containers advertised all seem so big.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,269 ✭✭✭DubTony

I've nothing to offer except to say that boxes are the least of your problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Amazingfun wrote: »
    Hi all.

I am in need of a bit of advice. If you were interested in exporting an animal product from Ireland, raw meat essentially, where would you get the refrigerated boxes from? I've googled a bit but the containers advertised all seem so big.

Any help appreciated.

Good morning Amazingfun,

A lot would depend on ;

1) Destination(s) you are considering
    2) Type of product(s)
    3) If your products need to be shipped chilled (+/- 0 Dgr C) or Frozen (-20Dgr C)
    4) Quantity (Minimum quantity has to be 1 pallet)

Especially for European destinations there are temperature controlled services for Less than Container Loads / Groupage. There are also LCL / Groupage services for overseas destinations, but they tend to start in the UK or ports like Rotterdam / Antwerp. Connections ex Ireland should not be a problem. I know of at least 1 haulage firm that puts aproximately 50 to 80 refrigerated trailers per week into Ireland and they would be happy to take back loads.

Feel free to post info or send me a PM

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 18,564 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

Hi all.

Any help appreciated.

I'd imagine you're going to have to work with Bord Bia at some stage so you should be making best use of them.. They'll be able to help you out on stuff like that..

• Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

DubTony wrote: »
    I've nothing to offer except to say that boxes are the least of your problems.

:pac: Care to tell more?

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

:pac: Care to tell more?

I reckon that Dub_Tony is referring to sourcing from reputable suppliers and making sure you follow all the regulations. I could be wrong and speak out of turn ........

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,161 ✭✭✭Amazingfun

reputable suppliers

I am very fortunate to have a stellar, high quality supplier. As for regulations, that I can see as being a massive learning curve, one I am only at the start of.

Advertisement