Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Could you recommend a gentle and patient dentist within the Castlebar/Co. Mayo area?

Options
  • 25-08-2014 12:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hello everybody,

I’d be ever so grateful if someone out there could recommend a gentle and patient dentist in the Castlebar area or within Mayo County. I’m absolutely terrified of dentists!! I’m very ashamed to admit this, but I haven’t been near one in years. I’m determined to take this matter in hand this year though, so if you can suggest someone suitable, that would be really great!!

Jitka

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Our guy just above the Bank of Ireland in Castlebar is fantastic:

Patrick Wiseman
    **No numbers

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

John Campbell The Mall Westport is a gentle man

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

nuac wrote: »
    John Campbell The Mall Westport is a gentle man

An absolutle gent, you should go to him OP

• Registered Users Posts: 6,016 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

jitkajar wrote: »
    I’m absolutely terrified of dentists!! I’m very ashamed to admit this, but I haven’t been near one in years.

Certainly nothing to be ashamed about! I'm lucky that the dentist doesn't bother me at all. If it's any consolation, I'm actually just out of the dentist and it was easy. Pain relief/procedures have advanced so much that you will be surprised how gentle your visit will be!

All the best.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,104 ✭✭✭Oldtree

I go to Galway. Caitorina Long, very patient and pain free.

http://www.goldenpages.ie/long-dr-caitriona-bdentsc-galway-city/

• Advertisement
  • Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,799 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Yeah, I think you'd have to be unlucky to have a bad experience with a dentist these days. I had a filling replaced by Bairbre at Rosemary Smith's clinic in Westport a few weeks ago, and it was literally a completely painless experience from start to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,140 ✭✭✭snailsong

oscarBravo wrote: »
    Yeah, I think you'd have to be unlucky to have a bad experience with a dentist these days. I had a filling replaced by Bairbre at Rosemary Smith's clinic in Westport a few weeks ago, and it was literally a completely painless experience from start to finish.

Rosemary Smiths practice won a national award for sensitive dentistry last year or the one before. I go there myself and they are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

oscarBravo wrote: »

+1 for Barbara, I'm a 35 yr old child when it comes to Dentist. Good at sticking to apts to

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Anthony Sweeney, Ballina. Exceptional.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭naughto

shane cadden
    above/beside the mayo advertiser

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭P_Cash

naughto wrote: »
    shane cadden

-1. Tried to pull a tooth that had an abscess, geeees the pain, went to Babs in Westport, was told, he what, u need to be on antibiotics first to kill it. Then pull.

Oh the pain for days. Couldn't lie down

• Registered Users Posts: 16 jitkajar

Hello everybody,

Thank you so much for your recommendations and advice. It was all very much appreciated. I'm even more determined than ever now to get over my dentist phobia and have my teeth looked after by a professional.

Jitka

• Registered Users Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭FlyingIrishMan

naughto wrote: »
    shane cadden

-1, had a rotten molar, and he put a filling in on top of it rather than get it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭mayfire

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭piptypibe

I would highly recommend Patrick Wiseman on Ellison St in Castlebar. He is excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭Samhain

mayfire wrote: »

Heard good things about fairy tooth mother so i booked in for a cleaning because my own dentist couldnt take me at short notice. She did a checkup for about 15 minutes and then started packing away. I asked, what about the cleaning? She said the time slot i booked was just for a checkup and would not do the cleaning until another time. I wouldnt mind only i I had specifically asked for a cleaning on the phone, i wouldnt have bothered otherwise. I was more than a bit miffed at this stage so i just wanted to get out of there.
    So then while her assistant is putting together a quotation for all the work i supposedly needed to have done (much of which i found out from my own Dentist afterwards was unecessary) she then gave me a 15 minute sales pitch for this snake oil crap

http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/asea-another-expensive-way-to-buy-water/

She could have cleaned my teeth in that space of time!:mad:

I ended up leaving €50 worse off and still with stained teeth. Never again

• Registered Users Posts: 37 kitty171184

to the initial poster of this, did you get sorted and if so by who? I am in the same boat myself as you

Advertisement