Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery gone in PIR

Options
  • 25-08-2014 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if I open a PIR and replace the battery will the alarm be ok or will it get a tamper error? One of mine went yesterday or I think it did anyway, it was flashing intermittently throughout the day and then the panel started beeping I am guessing that there is an issue with this sensor so was going to try change the battery.

Would it be ok to do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭Lyncher2014

What did the panel display when it started beeping?

Tamper should show up on the panel if you try to swap a battery. Enter your user code to unset it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 826 ✭✭✭geeksauce

What did the panel display when it started beeping?

Tamper should show up on the panel if you try to swap a battery. Enter your user code to unset it.

Not sure what the panel said I wasn't at home at the time, my wife was there and cant remember exactly said something about the AF Battery and then the text mentioned the sitting room sensor.

Will try replace the battery on the sensor in the sitting room and see if this resolves the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

What system have you got? Just wondering as you got a text mentioning the sitting room low battery so its not using a quik bridge.

What system have you got? Just wondering as you got a text mentioning the sitting room low battery so its not using a quik bridge.

No idea tbh, wireless PIR's and a GSM box to text whenever the alarm goes off, that's as far as my knowledge on the subject stretches.

• Advertisement

Does it say " system arming " " system unset "

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Does it say " system arming " " system unset "

It does say that yes.

Female voice ?
    If so simply unscrew the screw at the bottom of the detector and the lid should push forward slightly. Open up and replace the battery with the same CR123a battery. If the alarm sounds just enter your code.

Evolution1 wrote: »
    Female voice ?
    If so simply unscrew the screw at the bottom of the detector and the lid should push forward slightly. Open up and replace the battery with the same CR123a battery. If the alarm sounds just enter your code.

Yeah it is a Female voice.

Excellent thanks for the advice I will try change it this evening I have a good few CR123a batteries at home anyway.

Thanks for that.

Advertisement