Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Laptop Repair

Options
  • 25-08-2014 1:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

Have a laptop, with what I'm hoping, is just a dodgy power jack that needs fixing or replacing. Just wondered if anyone has any suggestions for decent repairers in Kilkenny.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Comments

Compugeek in Market Cross - haven't used it myself but heard they are good.
    http://www.compugeek.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

inthehat wrote: »
    Compugeek in Market Cross - haven't used it myself but heard they are good.
    http://www.compugeek.ie/

Thanks for that.
    The place in Market Cross was only place I knew of, someone at work said they were ok too. Might give them a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

What make of a laptop is it? I do repairs also.

toe_knee wrote: »
    What make of a laptop is it? I do repairs also.

Its an Acer aspire 5551 argos special from a couple of years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭toe_knee

Your lucky enough. Acer have a cable that can be replaced. Most other laptops require re soldering of the connections and can work out expensive aprox 90-100 euro. Acer repairs normally half that around 50 euro including parts and labour

• Advertisement

toe_knee wrote: »
    Your lucky enough. Acer have a cable that can be replaced. Most other laptops require re soldering of the connections and can work out expensive aprox 90-100 euro. Acer repairs normally half that around 50 euro including parts and labour

Good to know, thanks. Think missus is dropping it into that place in Market Cross tomorrow. Will ask for guesstimate of what they reckon it will cost.

Advertisement