Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland semi-final Saturday Parking

• 25-08-2014 2:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Going to the match in the Gaelic grounds on Saturday , coming from the Kerry side where would be a good place to park? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭pebbletroy

hi,
    coming from the Kerry side there are a number of options, you could contact the Woodlands hotel in Adare as they usually do a park and ride into town or the SouthCourt Hotel in Raheen might do the same, if parking in town is limited so I would stick to parking near o connell st, the peoples park and perry square. Also there are 2 multistory car parks on henry street, where you can park the car and walk out over the bridge to the ennis road as that is the nearest you will get. there is also the jetland shopping centre on the ennis road which has overground and underground parking but that will probably be closed early on saturday due to the match and crowds, there are also multistory cark parks in pigs lane, two near barringtions hospital, or altertnatively you can try parking in the crescent shopping centre and getting taxi/bus in town and walking out.
    i have listed as many opitions as i can think of, sure there are others if the above info isn't suitable.

• Registered Users Posts: 909 ✭✭✭jonny d

Going to the match in the Gaelic grounds on Saturday , coming from the Mayo side where would be a good place to park? Thanks.
    (Same question as above, only from a different direction)

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭timesnewroman

LIT usually have secure parking available (for a charge - think its €5) on match days in Thomond Park. The Gaelic Grounds is less than a ten minute walk from LIT so I'd imagine they will operate a car park for the game on Saturday.

LIT would be suitable for both sets of supporters as it's just off the N18 and the nearby toll plaza for the Limerick tunnel.

Might be worth calling the college in advance to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭Pandiani

This crowd usually do park and ride for big games in Gaelic Grounds and all the games in Thomond Park, usually serve the Woodlands in Adare and South Court Hotel in Raheen which would suit Kerry fans and the Radisson out the Ennis Road which would suit the Mayo crowd. They also do the Kilmurry Lodge which hopefully they will do this weekend too as this one suits me! I'm sure they'll run this service for the game Saturday. Welcome to Limerick!

http://www.limerickparkandride.com/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

jonny d wrote: »
    Going to the match in the Gaelic grounds on Saturday , coming from the Mayo side where would be a good place to park? Thanks.
    (Same question as above, only from a different direction)

As you come into Limerick you will see a Tesco (not sure if they clamp on match days or not) on your left hand side (Coonagh Cross), you could park up there and walk to the stadium (15 min walk approx.)

Its just off the N18 so very handy going back in the Mayo direction after the match.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭killer007

Many thanks for the tips. Looking forward to the trip to Limerick ( if I can get tickets).:)

killer007 wrote: »
    Many thanks for the tips. Looking forward to the trip to Limerick ( if I can get tickets).:)

Terrace tickets on tickets.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭you wha?

killer007 wrote: »
    Going to the match in the Gaelic grounds on Saturday , coming from the Kerry side where would be a good place to park? Thanks.

id park in the jetland dunnes carpark.only 5min walk then ;) up the kingdom!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Anyone the Kerry side should try and park at the other side of the river and walk out to the grounds.

Jetland/ Woodies often have security moving match traffic on.

LIT will surely do parking.

i,ve got way too much time on my hands but you know for mayo fans there is always the train, yes they could drive to galway or ennis and get the train into limerick, i have gotten the train on a saturday and i know that this particular route needs more footfall.
    mayo fans could also get the express galway to limerick bus or if really wanting to do a cross country road trip drive to portlaoise or thurles and get the train into limerick! again way too much time on my hands, luimneach abu for minor final!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Coming from Kerry you'd be better advised to park before you cross the bridge, it'll make it a lot easier to get out afterwards and it's not much more than a brisk ten minute walk from the bridge to the GG. Summerville avenue, Courtbrack ave and Mary I will provide plenty of parking options. If you take the tunnel you will be contending with the Mayo traffic also.
    God help those coming from Mayo, a typical Saturday afternoon in Claregalway is not for the faint hearted.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Would I be able to park in the greenhills hotel car park? Thinking of setting of early and maybe grab some lunch there and then walk in. I think it's only about a 10min walk to the ground from there?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Does anyone know if there will be restrictions in the area, like they have for the rugby matches in Thomond Park? I've done a bit of googling and come up with a blank.

I'm living in the area just need to know how busy things will be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Bicycle wrote: »
    Does anyone know if there will be restrictions in the area, like they have for the rugby matches in Thomond Park? I've done a bit of googling and come up with a blank.

I'm living in the area just need to know how busy things will be.

Thomond Park 26,000.
    Gaelic Grounds 45,000.

If you have lived there for long you'll remember the munster final from last year, if you are new to the area then yes there will be massive traffic restrictions as you would expect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Bicycle

Thomond Park 26,000.
    Gaelic Grounds 45,000.

If you have lived there for long you'll remember the munster final from last year, if you are new to the area then yes there will be massive traffic restrictions as you would expect.

Yes I've lived there for a long time. And I'm aware of the capacity of each ground. I remember getting stuck for about 2 hours in traffic on the Caherdavin Link Road during the Munster Final in 1992. Not comfortable when you are 9 months pregnant and about to pop!!

And I was away for the Munster Final last year.

But I've seen nothing about resident access only to certain parts of the area. Normally you will find details on the Corpo website or somewhere similar.

Pandiani wrote: »
    This crowd usually do park and ride for big games in Gaelic Grounds and all the games in Thomond Park, usually serve the Woodlands in Adare and South Court Hotel in Raheen which would suit Kerry fans and the Radisson out the Ennis Road which would suit the Mayo crowd. They also do the Kilmurry Lodge which hopefully they will do this weekend too as this one suits me! I'm sure they'll run this service for the game Saturday. Welcome to Limerick!

http://www.limerickparkandride.com/

Just to update this they are running this park and ride this weekend from the locations I mentioned.

http://www.mikehynancoaches.ie/LimerickParkAndRide/events/gaa-all-ireland-football-championship-semi-final-replay-kerry-v-mayo/

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭cnoc

yew_tree wrote: »
    Would I be able to park in the greenhills hotel car park? Thinking of setting of early and maybe grab some lunch there and then walk in. I think it's only about a 10min walk to the ground from there?

The Greenhills Hotel would be a very good place to park. If, as you say you will be arriving early and have a meal, there should be no problem leaving you car and walking to the match.

A bit off topic but to save folks some headaches and traffic on saturday there still seems to be availability in the woodlands adare and the south court raheen for friday night, people could make a night of and go out in town, maybe go to the milk market on sat and then ramble out to the gaelic grounds without the hassle of being stuck in a massive tailback.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭finbarrk

yew_tree wrote: »

Thats the best idea.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭finbarrk

Anywhere on the road at the Ennis side of the ground would suit both sets of fans. Just be there early to get a spot. The Ardhu Bar is the place for pre match food and beers. It's just at the City side of the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭Mayo Club 51

Guys we are putting together information about parking etc for supporters travelling to the match on Saturday. Any information you can share would be brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭LMK

Guys we are putting together information about parking etc for supporters travelling to the match on Saturday. Any information you can share would be brilliant.
    In general you have to park in side streets or along the main roads fairly close to the ground, when coming from off the N18 if you look at google maps you'll see the Coonagh roundabout is at the end of the dual carriageway and its only 15 mins walk to the field from there so all parking will be from there in so it can get clogged up especially leaving afterwards, so as previously said maybe use the Tesco carpark out that side. But you could also veer off before the roundabout to take the Toll and come in with the Kerry Traffic on the N69 there is more options for parking on that side of the River, it might be quicker exit afterwards as well
    Come on Mayo!!

Thanks LMK.

just on a fun note if you want to keep the kids amused for the day there is a bowling alley and games zone with a supermacs, also straight across the road there is the jetland shopping centre with a multiplex cinema and a Mcdonalds and massive dunnes tores aswell as well as a BB's cofee shop- something for all the family.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭tommy249

Limerick city has put together a guide for visiting fans - it includes a listing of all car parks in Limerick - enjoy yer visit!!

http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=c32bde0b4719d9b812c44d2da&id=6bec34d6b1&e=db9a687057

tommy249 wrote: »
    Limerick city has put together a guide for visiting fans - it includes a listing of all car parks in Limerick - enjoy yer visit!!

Yeah, we seen that info alright. Thanks for all your help. We have a post up now on the website.

mayoclub51.com/we-go-again-and-heres-how-to-get-there/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,570 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Just as a side note, the pride parade is on in Limerick Saturday also.. Traffic through the city will be backed up a,fair bit.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    Just as a side note, the pride parade is on in Limerick Saturday also.. Traffic through the city will be backed up a,fair bit.

Thanks for that info benny, that will just add to the chaos!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,338 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thanks for that info benny, that will just add to the chaos!

Tell anyone travelling not to park on Brookeville Ave or on green areas, cops getting tough on illegal parking.

Na Piarsaigh will probably open their grounds for car parking, it's off the Ennis Road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭thesimpsons

Pls don't park on any green areas -

Advertisement